Bulls and Bears on the Trenches of Priceline.com
Published on Wednesday, 23 May 2012 04:30 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, May 23rd (TradersHuddle.com) - Shares of Priceline.com Incorporated (NASDAQ:PCLN) closed the trading day higher by $2.4 or 0.36% from its previous close. Priceline's price action formed what is considered to be a doji close, where the open and close prices are very close to each other, mainly signaling an indecision between buyers and sellers.
Priceline.com Incorporated (NASDAQ:PCLN) operates as an online travel company that enables consumers to save money on a variety of products and services. The Company allows customers to name their own price on products or services and communicates that demand directly to participating sellers or to their private databases. Participants include domestic and international airlines, and hotel chains.
Priceline's trading range is defined by a trough, which marked calculated support at $630.13 and by a peak that set the resistance point at $772.35. These levels are closely watched by traders managing their positions.
Traders wanting to establish a position in Priceline.com or traders that are already holding the stock can use the doji close to their advantage, since the pattern present a short-term pause in the stock's price action. This pause results in an entry point for traders depending of which way the stock resolves this short-term indecision.
The Doji is an important candlestick pattern that provides information on their own and as components in a number of important patterns. Doji form when a security's open and close are virtually equal. The length of the upper and lower shadows can vary and the resulting candlestick looks like a cross, inverted cross or plus sign. Alone, doji are neutral patterns.
Any bullish or bearish bias is based on preceding price action and future confirmation. In the case of Priceline.com , given that the stock finished the session higher, bulls should monitor their positions for confirmation that the stock will continue higher by taking its intraday high. Below a Doji illustration:
- Meadowbrook Insurance Group, Inc. Sued by Investor
- Meadowbrook Insurance Group, Inc. Receives Bank Waiver Under Credit Facility
- Meadowbrook's Comment on Class Action Complaint
- Harwood Feffer LLP Announces Investigation of Meadowbrook Insurance Group, Inc.
- Ryan & Maniskas, LLP Announces Class Action Lawsuit Against Meadowbrook Insurance Group, Inc.
- Pomerantz Law Firm has filed a Class Action Against Meadowbrook Insurance Group, Inc. and Certain Officers - MIG
- SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Pomerantz Law Firm Investigates Claims On Behalf of Investors of Meadowbrook Insurance Group, Inc. -- MIG
- Meadowbrook Insurance Group, Inc. Announces That It Has Filed A Form 12b-25 To Allow The Filing Of The Company's Form 10-Q By August 14, 2013
- Meadowbrook Insurance Group, Inc. Announces Agreement to Provide "A" Rated Policy Issuance Solution
- Meadowbrook Insurance Group, Inc. Comments On A.M. Best Decision To Downgrade Rating For Meadowbrook Insurance Group, Inc. And Its Subsidiaries
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines