Dow Jones Round Up - Lower: WMT, KO, MCD
Published on Wednesday, 23 May 2012 12:35 Written by Gerard Lerod
New York, May 23rd (TradersHuddle.com) - The Dow Jones Industrial Average is lower trading at 12319.8, which represents -1.46% versus its previous trading session close, with only one component trading in positive territory.
Wal-Mart (NYSE:WMT) is the Dow's top performer this morning with the stock trading at $63.75 representing 0.03% versus the previous trading session. Shares of Wal-Mart, the biggest retailer in the world have defined support at $57.18 and resistance at $61.47.
Coca Cola (NYSE:KO) is also among the top performers early in the session, trading at $74.05 representing -0.19% from its previous close. Coca Cola, the owner of one of the most valuable brands in the world has calculated support and resistance levels at $74.19 and $74.19 respectively. The other top performer this morning is McDonald's (NYSE:MCD), which is trading at $90.85 representing -0.54% from the previous trading session.
The Dow's worst performers include Hewlett Packard (NYSE:HPQ) that is trading at $20.78 or -4.59% from the previous close. Shares of Hewlett Packard, the maker of printers and personal computers have defined support at $21.28 and resistance at $25.40. Also among the worst performers we have Intel (NASDAQ:INTC), which is trading at $25.19 representing -3.23% from the previous session.
Benchmark crude for June delivery is also trading lower at $91.44 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange lower by $-0.22 from the previous trading session.
The Dow is under performing the S&P 500, but is pretty much equal with the NASDAQ composite. The S&P 500 is currently trading at 1297.32, which represents -1.47% from previous close, the Nasdaq on the other hand is trading at 2798.41 that represents -1.43% from previous session.
- Wal-Mart Bullish Signs
- Dow's Top Performers :PG, WMT, CSCO
- Walmart Statement on Hisense Sero 7 Tablet Launch
- Top Performing Dow Component: Hewlett Packard
- McDonald's Announces Quarterly Cash Dividend
- Dan Bartlett Joins Walmart as Executive Vice President of Corporate Affairs
- Walmart and Sam's Club Celebrate Nationwide Launch to Hire Veterans During its Saluting Heroes Together Event in San Antonio
- Trading Idea: - Is Intel close to Resistance?
- TradersHuddle Mid-day Update: Dow Jones Higher Top Performers: HD, JPM, MCD
- Leading Investment Service Previews Earnings for Salesforce.com, NetApp, H-P, Target & Others
Related Partner Headlines
- Hewlett-Packard Co (HPQ): Today's Featured Computer Hardware Laggard - TheStreet.com
- Walmart's "Meh" Quarter Doesn't Excite Investors (WMT, TGT, COST, AMZN) - Investopedia
- Dow Today: Wal-Mart Stores (WMT) Lower - TheStreet.com
- Wal-Mart Stores Inc (WMT): Today's Featured Retail Laggard - TheStreet.com
- Coca-Cola Co (KO): Today's Featured Food & Beverage Winner - TheStreet.com
- Dow Today: McDonald's Corporation (MCD) Lower - TheStreet.com
- McDonald's to Replace Head of U.S. Operations - TheStreet.com
- UPDATE: Wal-Mart Q3 Profit Rises 9% - Benzinga
- Hewlett-Packard Fourth Quarter Earnings Preview - Investopedia
- Dow Today: McDonald's Corporation (MCD) Higher - TheStreet.com
Recent Trading Ideas
Chesapeake Energy Is Close to Resistance
Windstream Is Near its 50 Day Moving Average
Applied Materials Is Close to Resistance
E*TRADE is Near a Key Support Area
First Solar is Near a Key Support Area
Trading Idea: Is Monster Worldwide close to Support?
Trading Idea: - Is Walgreen close to Resistance?
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,303.10 Trade time:4:36PM EDT Value change:▲8.60 (0.06%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,649.60 Trade time:4:35PM EDT Value change:▼0.91 (-0.06%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,459.14 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:▼0.28 (-0.01%)
In The Wires
The Cash Store Financial Services Inc. Files Amended Financial Statements
Seven Arts Entertainment Inc. Responds To Defamatory And Fraudulent Claim
New Custom Layouts for Business Website: All Included Custom Designs for Business Owners that Purchase SEO Package
How to Start Creating a .COM Website: Tips and Tutorials for Building New Websites with the Domain Extension of .COM Announced by ThreeHosts.com
Etiketka Design Agency Has Been Awarded with the Prominent Platinum A' Design Award
Zane Benefits Publishes New Information on the Indiana Health Insurance Exchange
Voluntary Recall: Undeclared Sulphites in President's Choice® White Grape Juice
Range Kleen Partners with Berndes in Red Cross Promotion: Taking Care of Oklahoma