Dell Punished the Most in 11 Years on Earnings Miss
Published on Wednesday, 23 May 2012 17:03 Written by David Becker
New York, May 23rd (TradersHuddle.com) – Dell (NASDAQ: DELL) was hammered on the open, after reporting earnings that were worse than expected. The stock was a catalyst for the decline in the broader markets along with fear over a Greek default. Dell reported that it earned 43 cents per share in the latest quarter. Revenue fell 4 percent, to $14.42 billion from $15.02 billion. Analysts had expected a profit of 46 cents per share on $14.91 billion in revenue. Additionally, the company lowered guidance saying it expects revenue to rise 2 percent to 4 percent from first-quarter levels, which implies a total of $14.71 billion to $15 billion. Analysts expected $15.44 billion in sales.
Price action created a gap lower, which generating continued selling pressure for the majority of Wednesday trading session. Dell blew through weekly supports levels at $14.30 and $13.0 dollars moving lower by 14%. The next levels of support for the stock are $12.0 and $11.50. Short term support is seen near former resistance near $13 dollar per share. Dell will likely test the top end of the gap near $14.50 at some time in the near future.
The RSI (relative strength index) which measure over-bought and over-sold levels, printed near 13 which is the lowest daily level in the past year. The weekly RSI is printing at 28 which is the lowest level in the past 3 years.
Momentum on the stock is severely negative, with the MACD reaching -.4 which equals the lowest levels on the index seen in 12-months. The MACD (moving average convergence divergence index) created a sell signal in mid-April when the spread (12-day moving average minus the 26-day moving average) crossed below the 9-day moving average of the spread.
- PV Enterprises International, Inc. (PVE) enters into an agreement with Invisosoft, Inc. ( A Global Visual Communications Company ) to develop a Maritime Visual Communication Platform
- PV Enterprises International announcement Time charter awarded.
- PV Enterprises International announces Time Charter awarded
- PV Enterprises International, Inc. Messages to shareholders regarding FINRA
- PV Enterprises International, Inc. (OTC Pink: VDSC) Announces the Spinoff of its subsidiary IMAG Group, Inc. formerly known as Red Tide Defense Group and the Filing with FINRA
- News Message from CEO of PV Enterprises International to its Shareholders
- Message from CEO to Shareholders
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines