InterDigital Responds to Reports of Huawei European Commission Complaint
Published on Thursday, 24 May 2012 13:27 Written by TradersHuddle StaffKING OF PRUSSIA, Pa.-( Business Wire )-
InterDigital, Inc. (NASDAQ: IDCC) issued the following response to the announcement by Huawei that they filed a complaint with the European Commission, claiming abuse of patents essential to the 3G (UMTS) standard:
“InterDigital has not seen the complaint that was filed, so we can offer no specific response to whatever issues might be raised in the complaint,” said Lawrence Shay, President of InterDigital's patent holding subsidiaries. “InterDigital has over 200 engineers in four research and development facilities, and participates with engineers from a broad range of industry leaders in developing and testing innovative technologies that become wireless standards. We have in the past licensed, and continue to license, technologies on the terms set forth in our commitments to those standards bodies. Our long and successful track record of licensing more than 50 companies throughout the mobile industry is proof of that commitment, and of our ability to reach mutually agreeable terms for such licenses.”
Over the past three decades, InterDigital’s R&D team has developed fundamental wireless technologies that have shaped the cellular industry, and has built a portfolio of over 19,500 patents and patent applications as of December 31, 2011.
InterDigital develops fundamental wireless technologies that are at the core of mobile devices, networks, and services worldwide. We solve many of the industry's most critical and complex technical challenges, inventing solutions for more efficient broadband networks and a richer multimedia experience years ahead of market deployment. InterDigital has licenses and strategic relationships with many of the world's leading wireless companies.
InterDigital is a registered trademark of InterDigital, Inc.
For more information, visit: www.interdigital.com.
- AT&T And America Movil To Provide Deeper National Reach For Advanced Enterprise Services Across Latin America
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Willimantic
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Torrington
- AT&T And The University Of Kansas Team Up To Enhance Wireless Coverage On Lawrence Campus
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Fargo
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Amarillo
- Benefitfocus Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Trends of China Gear Industry 2013 Analysis & Reviewed in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Product Launch Formula 4.0 Bonuses Total $5000 at BrianHanson.com
- Datex Presents Motorola Solutions Webinar “Is It ‘Smart’ to Use Smartphones for the Enterprise?”
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines