Novo Nordisk - Shares Seeking Direction
Published on Tuesday, 29 May 2012 04:45 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, May 29th (TradersHuddle.com) - Shares of Novo Nordisk A/S (NYSE:NVO) closed the trading day higher by $0.7 or 0.5% from its previous close. Novo Nordisk's price action formed what is considered to be a doji close, where the open and close prices are very close to each other, mainly signaling an indecision between buyers and sellers.
Novo Nordisk A/S (NYSE:NVO) develops, produces, and markets pharmaceutical products. The Company focuses on diabetes care and offers insulin delivery systems and other diabetes products. The Denmakr based company also offers biopharmaceutical products in the areas of haemophilia, growth hormone therapy, hormone replacement therapy, and inflammation.
Novo Nordisk's trading range is defined by a trough, which marked calculated support at $138.49 and by a peak that set the resistance point at $152.31. These levels are closely watched by traders managing their positions.
Traders wanting to establish a position in Novo Nordisk or traders that are already holding the stock can use the doji close to their advantage, since the pattern present a short-term pause in the stock's price action. This pause results in an entry point for traders depending of which way the stock resolves this short-term indecision.
The Doji is an important candlestick pattern that provides information on their own and as components in a number of important patterns. Doji form when a security's open and close are virtually equal. The length of the upper and lower shadows can vary and the resulting candlestick looks like a cross, inverted cross or plus sign. Alone, doji are neutral patterns.
Any bullish or bearish bias is based on preceding price action and future confirmation. In the case of Novo Nordisk, given that the stock finished the session higher, bulls should monitor their positions for confirmation that the stock will continue higher by taking its intraday high. Below a Doji illustration:
- AT&T And America Movil To Provide Deeper National Reach For Advanced Enterprise Services Across Latin America
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Willimantic
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Torrington
- AT&T And The University Of Kansas Team Up To Enhance Wireless Coverage On Lawrence Campus
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Fargo
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Amarillo
- Benefitfocus Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Trends of China Gear Industry 2013 Analysis & Reviewed in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Product Launch Formula 4.0 Bonuses Total $5000 at BrianHanson.com
- Datex Presents Motorola Solutions Webinar “Is It ‘Smart’ to Use Smartphones for the Enterprise?”
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines