Trading the Setup In SPDR Gold
Published on Wednesday, 30 May 2012 08:28 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, May 30th (TradersHuddle.com) - SPDR Gold Trust (NYSE:GLD) ended the trading session at $151.02, near its 50 day moving average set at $158.20. SPDR Gold's price action placed the stock below this important level, which makes it difficult to be bought, as the stock will certainly face resistance as it approaches its 50 day moving average.
SPDR Gold Trust (NYSE:GLD) is an investment trust. The investment objective of the Trust is for the Shares to reflect the performance of the price of gold bullion. The Trust holds gold, and issues SPDR Gold Shares in Baskets, in exchange for deposits of gold and distributes gold in connection with redemptions of Baskets. The sponsor of the Trust is World Gold Trust Services, LLC. BNY Mellon Asset Servicing, a division of The Bank of New York Mellon is the trustee of the Trust. HSBC Bank USA, N.A. serves as the custodian of the its gold.
The latest price action range, defined by a peaks and troughs algorithm, placed calculated support at $148.60 and resistance at $171.23. These levels will be closely monitored, as they provide great insight into the latest price dynamics.
If traders want to establish a position in SPDR Gold, given the resistance expected as the stock approaches its 50 day moving average, a trade might materialize as the stock manages to break this important technical level. After the breakout, the 50 day moving average could be used as support going forward. However, until the break materializes, buying the stock is basically a gamble with 50-50 chance.
- AT&T And America Movil To Provide Deeper National Reach For Advanced Enterprise Services Across Latin America
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Willimantic
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Torrington
- AT&T And The University Of Kansas Team Up To Enhance Wireless Coverage On Lawrence Campus
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Fargo
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Amarillo
- Benefitfocus Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Trends of China Gear Industry 2013 Analysis & Reviewed in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Product Launch Formula 4.0 Bonuses Total $5000 at BrianHanson.com
- Datex Presents Motorola Solutions Webinar “Is It ‘Smart’ to Use Smartphones for the Enterprise?”
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Advanced Micro Devices Is Near Resistance
Is Petrobras Closing in to Resistance?
Trading Idea: What to Expect as Boston Beer Breaks Resistance
Rowan Companies Is Near Resistance
FLIR Systems Is Close to the 50 Day Moving Average
Is Avon Expecting Resistance Soon?
Vulcan Is Near its 200 Day Moving Average
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com