Raba Kistner Infrastructure Earns "Best in Utah" Honors for Second Year, Ranked in Top 200 by Engineering News Record
Published on Wednesday, 30 May 2012 10:35 Written by TradersHuddle Staff
SALT LAKE CITY, May 30, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- For the second time in as many years, Raba Kistner Infrastructure (RKI) has received accolades as the "Best in Utah" Civil Engineering firm. They are also being honored with "Best Analytical Lab." The firm is also in ENR's 2012 "Top 500" for the eighteenth time.
"We believe that the development of new technologies, hiring top Utah talent and working with the research community are what keeps us at the top of the rankings and top of mind for infrastructure developers," said Dr. Gary Raba, PE, who is President and COO of RKI. "Our year over year revenue growth of 34% reflects the firm's ability to continually meet client needs."
The Utah office has grown to become the state market leader with over 110 employees, including 65 certified technicians. "The RKI Utah team consists of local, trained staff that have consistently demonstrated an ability to perform at a very high level," said Clark D. Prothero, PE, Vice President of RKI and Manager of the Utah offices. Collectively, the RKI team holds over 180 materials testing certifications in the areas of soils, concrete, hot mix asphalt and aggregates.
"The firm has also achieved this growth through the use of new technologies. The firm has developed an in-house, proprietary database software program - 'Electronic Laboratory Verification and Inspection System' (ELVIS). The program manages and collects data in a way that provides superior quality and savings, representing a paradigm shift within the engineering industry," said Prothero.
With 24/7 operations and 365 day availability, RKI is able to provide 24 hour turn-around time on materials tests. In all, an astounding 50,763 laboratory tests have been performed/entered into RKI's proprietary material testing database in the last year.
RKI works with the research community to incorporate the newest engineering technologies into practice. "The Utah Team worked with researchers at BYU to install specialized data recorders into new bridge decks in Utah County to monitor performance during their service time. These special devices give information regarding moisture, temperature and electrical conductivity that will assist in properly maintaining the bridges for years to come that was not possible before. The benefit to the client/project, and eventually to the whole industry is that the project owner can better plan for facility maintenance based on the real time information collected by the data sensors," said Raba.
For the full version of this release, photos and award graphics, go here.
Raba Kistner Infrastructure, Inc. (RKI), the leader in Quality Management Programs, is heavily impacting how tomorrow's transportation needs will be addressed. We specialize in providing unique approaches that successfully deliver infrastructure projects. We have created a comprehensive menu of solutions in the development, engineering, financing and management of transportation facilities. We are currently involved in planning, design and construction projects worth more than $5 billion.
The Raba Kistner Infrastructure, Inc. logo is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=13071
- Sleep Apnea Devices Market to reach $19.72 Billion by 2017 - New Report by MarketandMarkets
- Prominent Niche Topics Currently Discussed in the Newly-released Version of Chatwing’s Chat Box Tool
- New York Knicks, Brooklyn Nets NBA Gear On Sale at SportsFanPlayground.com
- H3Dpro - A Human Touch To Crowd Funding
- Tibet Travel Agency TCTS Offers Services for Family Tours of Tibet
- fishbat Says The NBA Second Annual Social Media Awards Will Be A Slam Dunk
- Renowned Rim Fitments Provider SizeItUp Launched Database Integrations for the 2012 Hyundai Genesis
- Builder of New Townhomes in Orange County Says the Housing Recovery is Stimulating the Economy
- TheDigest.com Announces the Top 4 Ways That a Company Can Future-Proof Their Business by Using VoIP
- Debt Collection Expert Discusses the Facts About Kids Using Credit Cards
Related Partner Headlines
- Petronas Posts 30% Decline In Q2 Net Profit - Benzinga
- Mail.Ru H1 Net Profit Rises 54.3% - Benzinga
- Advanced Medical H1 Pretax Profit Surges 72% - Benzinga
- Markets Jump After FOMC Comments on Easing - Benzinga
- Feel the Energy and Excitement of the Forex & Options Expo in Las Vegas - Benzinga
- Amazon's Living Social Stake Sees Value Decline - Benzinga
- Fender Withdraws IPO - Benzinga
- Benzinga Market Primer, Friday July 6: Non-Farm Payrolls Edition - Benzinga
- An Introduction to Forex Trading - Benzinga
- Benzinga Market Primer, Friday June 22 - Benzinga
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,354.40 Trade time:4:40PM EDT Value change:▲121.18 (0.80%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,667.47 Trade time:4:39PM EDT Value change:▲17.00 (1.03%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,498.97 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:▲33.73 (0.97%)
In The Wires
Sleep Apnea Devices Market to reach $19.72 Billion by 2017 - New Report by MarketandMarkets
Prominent Niche Topics Currently Discussed in the Newly-released Version of Chatwing’s Chat Box Tool
New York Knicks, Brooklyn Nets NBA Gear On Sale at SportsFanPlayground.com
H3Dpro - A Human Touch To Crowd Funding
Tibet Travel Agency TCTS Offers Services for Family Tours of Tibet
fishbat Says The NBA Second Annual Social Media Awards Will Be A Slam Dunk
Renowned Rim Fitments Provider SizeItUp Launched Database Integrations for the 2012 Hyundai Genesis
Builder of New Townhomes in Orange County Says the Housing Recovery is Stimulating the Economy