NASDAQ 100 Mid-day Update: Lower Top Performers: AMGN, EXPE, VRTX
Published on Wednesday, 30 May 2012 13:35 Written by Christopher Lynn
New York, May 30th (TradersHuddle.com) - The NASDAQ 100 Index is lower trading at 2530.67, which represents -1.11% versus its previous close. The index is an a broad decline with more than 85% of its components on the red.
Amgen (NASDAQ:AMGN) is the NASDAQ 100's top performer today with the stock trading at $69.72 representing 0.64% from its previous trading session. Shares of Amgen, the biotechnology company have defined support at $56.00 and resistance at $72.00.
Expedia (NASDAQ:EXPE) is also among the top performers, and it is trading at $45.59 representing 0.64% from its previous close. Expedia, the owner of Expedia.com and Hotels.com, has calculated support and resistance levels at $40.53 and $46.07 respectively. The other top performer of the NASDAQ 100 is Vertex Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:VRTX), which is trading at $58.1 representing 0.51% from its previous close.
The NASDAQ 100's worst performers include Sears Holdings (NASDAQ:SHLD), which is trading at $52.76 or -8.24% from the prior close. Shares of Sears Holdings, the holding company that owns and operates the Sears and Kmart retail chains have defined support at $50.52 and resistance at $57.39. Also among the worst performers Research In Motion (NASDAQ:RIMM), which is trading at $10.51 representing -6.46% from the previous session.
The NASDAQ 100 is underperfoming the Dow Jones but is pretty much equal with the S&P 500. The Dow Jones Industrial Index is currently trading at 12429, which represents -1.21% from previous close, the S&P 500, on the other hand, is trading at 1313.85 that represents -1.39% from its previous close.
- AT&T And America Movil To Provide Deeper National Reach For Advanced Enterprise Services Across Latin America
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Willimantic
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Torrington
- AT&T And The University Of Kansas Team Up To Enhance Wireless Coverage On Lawrence Campus
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Fargo
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Amarillo
- Benefitfocus Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Trends of China Gear Industry 2013 Analysis & Reviewed in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Product Launch Formula 4.0 Bonuses Total $5000 at BrianHanson.com
- Datex Presents Motorola Solutions Webinar “Is It ‘Smart’ to Use Smartphones for the Enterprise?”
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines