Top Performing Dow Component: Wal-Mart
- Published on Thursday, 31 May 2012 12:35
- Written by Christian Paolinetti
New York, May 31st (TradersHuddle.com) - The Dow Jones Industrial Average is lower trading at 12419.2, which represents -0.01% versus its previous trading session close, With only 8 of its components trading in positive territory.
Wal-Mart (NYSE:WMT) is the Dow's top performer this morning with the stock trading at $66.49 representing 1.6% versus the previous trading session. Shares of Wal-Mart, the biggest retailer in the world have defined support at $57.18 and resistance at $61.47.
AT&T (NYSE:T) is also among the top performers early in the session, trading at $34.07 representing 0.69% from its previous close. AT&T, the communications company owner of the second wireless network in the U.S. has calculated support and resistance levels at $29.95 and $33.33 respectively. The other top performer this morning is Travelers (NYSE:TRV), which is trading at $62.13 representing 0.39% from the previous trading session.
The Dow's worst performers include Caterpillar (NYSE:CAT) that is trading at $86.57 or -4% from the previous close. Shares of Caterpillar, the largest earth moving equipment maker in the world have defined support at $87.60 and resistance at $92.98. Also among the worst performers we have Hewlett Packard (NYSE:HPQ), which is trading at $22.39 representing -1.54% from the previous session.
Benchmark crude for June delivery is also trading lower at $91.44 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange lower by $-0.22 from the previous trading session.
The Dow is under performing the S&P 500, but is pretty much equal with the NASDAQ composite. The S&P 500 is currently trading at 1309.86, which represents -0.26% from previous close, the Nasdaq on the other hand is trading at 2823.54 that represents -0.49% from previous session.
- PV Enterprises International, Inc. (PVE) enters into an agreement with Invisosoft, Inc. ( A Global Visual Communications Company ) to develop a Maritime Visual Communication Platform
- PV Enterprises International announcement Time charter awarded.
- PV Enterprises International announces Time Charter awarded
- PV Enterprises International, Inc. Messages to shareholders regarding FINRA
- PV Enterprises International, Inc. (OTC Pink: VDSC) Announces the Spinoff of its subsidiary IMAG Group, Inc. formerly known as Red Tide Defense Group and the Filing with FINRA
- News Message from CEO of PV Enterprises International to its Shareholders
- Message from CEO to Shareholders
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines