Halozyme Therapeutics to Present New Data on the Company's Ultrafast Insulin Programs at ADA 2012
Published on Friday, 01 June 2012 08:16 Written by TradersHuddle Staff
SAN DIEGO, June 1, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Halozyme Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: HALO) today announced that the Company will present data from its diabetes studies for both multiple daily injections (MDI) and continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion (CSII) Ultrafast Insulin programs at the 72nd Scientific Sessions of the American Diabetes Association (ADA) being held in Philadelphia, PA from June 8 – 12.
The annual meeting of the ADA is the largest scientific meeting for endocrinologists and other health care professionals involved in diabetes research and diabetes care. Halozyme will present data through one oral presentation and three posters, including one late-breaker, at the meeting. The data will provide key insights into the scientific basis and clinical utility of the Company's recombinant human hyaluronidase (rHuPH20) enzyme when paired with rapid analog insulins.
"We are pleased to be presenting study results that highlight the potential of ultrafast analog insulins in different clinical settings. rHuPH20 with analog insulins may provide a more consistent profile and reduce troublesome glucose swings. The goal is tighter glucose control and, ultimately, better management of the disease," said Gregory I. Frost, Ph.D., President and Chief Executive Officer, Halozyme. "This meeting attracts some of the most innovative thinkers in the diabetes community. We look forward to participating in conversations and presentations that are united in the goal of improving treatment options for people living with diabetes."
Halozyme Abstracts Being Presented at ADA
1. Oral Presentation (353-OR): "Human Hyaluronidase + Rapid Analog Insulin (RAI) Improves Postprandial Glycemic Control in Type 1 Diabetes (T1DM) Compared to Insulin Lispro Alone" will be presented by Irl B. Hirsch, M.D., University of Washington School of Medicine on Monday, June 11 at 6:15 PM ET.
2. Late Breaking Poster (34-LB): "Initial Clinical Experience with Hyaluronidase Preadministration in the Treatment of Type 1 Diabetes by Sensor Augmented Analog Insulin Pump Therapy" will be presented by Douglas B. Muchmore, M.D., Halozyme Therapeutics during a poster session on Sunday, June 10 from 12:00 – 2:00 PM ET.
3. Poster (882-P): "Human Hyaluronidase + Rapid Analog Insulin (RAI) Improves Postprandial Glycemic Control in Type 2 Diabetes (T2DM) Compared to Insulin Lispro Alone" will be presented by Richard M. Bergenstal, M.D., International Diabetes Center during an audio guided tour on Saturday, June 9 from 12:30 – 1:30 PM ET and during a poster session on Sunday, June 10 from 12:00 – 2:00 PM ET.
4. Poster (905-P): "Human Hyaluronidase (rHuPH20) Provides Consistent Ultrafast Insulin Absorption and Action Over 3 Days of Continuous Subcutaneous Infusion" will be presented by Daniel E. Vaughn, Ph.D., Halozyme Therapeutics during a poster session on Sunday, June 10 from 12:00 – 2:00 PM ET.
Halozyme Therapeutics is a biopharmaceutical company dedicated to developing and commercializing innovative products that advance patient care. With a diversified portfolio of enzymes that target the extracellular matrix, the Company's research focuses primarily on a family of human enzymes, known as hyaluronidases, that increase the absorption and dispersion of biologics. Halozyme's pipeline addresses therapeutic areas, such as diabetes, oncology and dermatology that have significant unmet medical need. The Company markets Hylenex® recombinant (hyaluronidase human injection) and has partnerships with Roche, Baxter, ViroPharma and Intrexon. Halozyme is headquartered in San Diego, CA. For more information on how we are innovating, please visit our corporate website at www.halozyme.com.
Safe Harbor Statement
In addition to historical information, the statements set forth above include forward-looking statements (including, without limitation, statements concerning the timing, scope and outcomes of our clinical trials as well as expected activities under our collaborative partnerships) that involve risk and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements. The forward-looking statements are also identified through use of the words "believe," "enable," "may," "will," "could," "intends," "estimate," "anticipate," "plan," "predict," "probable," "potential," "possible," "should," "continue," and other words of similar meaning. Actual results could differ materially from the expectations contained in forward-looking statements as a result of several factors, including clinical trial enrollment and results, regulatory approval requirements and competitive conditions. These and other factors that may result in differences are discussed in greater detail in the company's reports on Forms 10-K, 10-Q, and other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
SOURCE Halozyme Therapeutics, Inc.
- Halozyme's Phase 1b Clinical Trial Of PEGPH20 With Gemcitabine Indicates Positive Activity Against Pancreatic Cancer
- Halozyme Therapeutics Names David A. Ramsay Chief Financial Officer
- Halozyme To Present New Data On PEGPH20 In Pancreatic Cancer At American Society of Clinical Oncology Annual Meeting
- Halozyme Reports First Quarter 2013 Financial Results
- Halozyme Therapeutics To Present At The Bank Of America Merrill Lynch 2013 Health Care Conference
- Halozyme to Host First Quarter 2013 Financial Results Conference Call
- Halozyme Initiates Randomized Phase 2 Trial of PEGPH20 in Pancreatic Cancer
Related Partner Headlines
- Benzinga's M&A Chatter for Wednesday September 26, 2012 - Benzinga
- Questcor Pharmaceuticals Among Healthcare's Biggest Movers on September 21, 2012 - Investopedia
- UPDATE: Jefferies Downgrades Halozyme Therapeutics to Underperform on FDA Headwinds - Benzinga
- Halozyme Confirms Baxter Has Received A Complete Response Letter For HyQ BLA - Benzinga
- Halozyme's Ultrafast Insulin Formulations Improved Postprandial Glycemic Control in Patients Living with Type 1 Diabetes - Benzinga
- Wedbush Reiterates Outperform Rating for Halozyme Therapeutics - Benzinga
- Insiders Trading HALO, ULTA, HES, NVR - TheStreet.com
- Halozyme Stock Gaps Down On Today's Open (HALO) - TheStreet.com
- Halozyme Stock Falls On Unusually High Volume (HALO) - TheStreet.com
- ViroPharma and Halozyme Announce Positive Data of Subcutaneous Cinryze with Recombinant Human Hyaluronidase - Benzinga
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,112.19 Trade time:4:52PM EDT Value change:▼206.04 (-1.35%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,628.93 Trade time:4:52PM EDT Value change:▼22.88 (-1.39%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,443.20 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:▼38.98 (-1.12%)
In The Wires
Ibrutinib Phase 2 Study Results in Patients with Mantle Cell Lymphoma Published in The New England Journal of Medicine
LG, Qualcomm Expand Successful Collaboration With Next G Series Smartphone
Qualcomm Expands Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 Processor Tier
The Jump Manual Review: Reveals Hiller’s Method of Vertical Jump Training
Industry Trailblazer Multifamily Utility Company, Inc. Introduces the Submetering Industry’s First Mobile App for Residents and Managers
Veris Gold Corp. announces appointments
JMWest LIVE! Celebrates Its Three-Year Anniversary June 25, 2013 at The Roxy Theatre
Hawaiian Electric seeks to speed up development of low-cost renewable energy for Oahu