Commercial Metals Company Announces Completion Of Sale Of Croatian Pipe Mill
Published on Monday, 04 June 2012 08:20 Written by TradersHuddle Staff
IRVING, Texas, June 4, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Commercial Metals Company (CMC) (NYSE: CMC) announced today the completion of the sale of its Croatian Pipe Mill and wholly-owned subsidiary, CMC Sisak, d.o.o. (CMC Sisak), pursuant to a definitive purchase agreement whereby CMC sold all of the outstanding shares of CMC Sisak to the Danieli Group - Steel Making Division by the Danieli holding company, Industrielle Beteiligung SA (Danieli). Total consideration for the sale is approximately U.S. $30.4 million. Pursuant to the purchase agreement, certain assets of CMC Sisak are excluded and CMC is continuing to market those assets. Deutsche Bank Securities Inc. assisted CMC as the financial advisor on this transaction.
Joe Alvarado, President and Chief Executive Officer, commented, "We are pleased to announce that we have completed an agreement with Danieli for the sale of our Croatian pipe mill operations. The sale of all of the outstanding shares of CMC Sisak completes an important step in our strategic plan to reposition the business for improved financial performance and increased shareholder value. We remain committed to our strategy of vertical integration, providing outstanding service to our customers, and a continuous improvement of our overall cost structure."
CMC and its subsidiaries manufacture recycle and market steel and metal products, related materials and services through a network including steel minimills, steel fabrication and processing plants, construction-related product warehouses, a copper tube mill, metal recycling facilities and marketing and distribution offices in the United States and in strategic international markets.
This news release contains forward-looking statements regarding the sale of CMC Sisak and the sale of the excluded assets of CMC Sisak. These forward-looking statements generally can be identified by phrases such as we, the company or its management "expects," "anticipates," "believes," "estimates," "intends," "plans to," "ought," "could," "will," "should," "likely," "appears," "projects," "forecasts," "outlook," or other similar words or phrases. There are inherent risks and uncertainties in any forward-looking statements. Variances will occur and some could be materially different from our current opinion.
SOURCE Commercial Metals Company
- AT&T And America Movil To Provide Deeper National Reach For Advanced Enterprise Services Across Latin America
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Willimantic
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Torrington
- AT&T And The University Of Kansas Team Up To Enhance Wireless Coverage On Lawrence Campus
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Fargo
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Amarillo
- Benefitfocus Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Trends of China Gear Industry 2013 Analysis & Reviewed in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Product Launch Formula 4.0 Bonuses Total $5000 at BrianHanson.com
- Datex Presents Motorola Solutions Webinar “Is It ‘Smart’ to Use Smartphones for the Enterprise?”
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines