Shares of Power Integrations Hesitating?
Published on Tuesday, 05 June 2012 04:12 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, June 5th (TradersHuddle.com) - Shares of Power Integrations, Inc. (NASDAQ:POWI) closed the trading day higher by $0.34 or 0.86% from its previous close. Power Integrations' price action formed what is considered to be a doji close, where the open and close prices are very close to each other, mainly signaling an indecision between buyers and sellers.
Power Integrations, Inc. (NASDAQ:POWI) designs, develops, and markets analog integrated circuits for use in alternating current (AC) to direct current (DC) power conversion. The Company sells its products to original equipment manufacturers in the cellular telephone, consumer electronics, personal computer, and industrial electronics industries.
Power Integrations' trading range is defined by a trough, which marked calculated support at $40.52 and by a peak that set the resistance point at $44.62. These levels are closely watched by traders managing their positions.
Traders wanting to establish a position in Power Integrations or traders that are already holding the stock can use the doji close to their advantage, since the pattern present a short-term pause in the stock's price action. This pause results in an entry point for traders depending of which way the stock resolves this short-term indecision.
The Doji is an important candlestick pattern that provides information on their own and as components in a number of important patterns. Doji form when a security's open and close are virtually equal. The length of the upper and lower shadows can vary and the resulting candlestick looks like a cross, inverted cross or plus sign. Alone, doji are neutral patterns.
Any bullish or bearish bias is based on preceding price action and future confirmation. In the case of Power Integrations, given that the stock finished the session higher, bulls should monitor their positions for confirmation that the stock will continue higher by taking its intraday high. Below a Doji illustration:
- Semis Stocks Round Up - Higher: CRUS, WFR, POWI
- Semis Stocks Round Up - Lower: TSM, INTC, WFR
- Semis Outperfomed the S&P 500 :RBCN, AMD, WFR
- Sector Mid-Day Wrap - Semis Flat: AMD, CREE, CRUS
- Semis Stocks Round Up - Higher: WFR, POWI, SNDK
- Power Integrations - Top Performing Semiconductor - Mid-Day Update
- Rubicon Technology - Top Performer Semiconductor
Related Partner Headlines
- Stocks Hitting 52-Week Lows - Benzinga
- Power Integrations Inc. Stock Downgraded (POWI) - TheStreet.com
- UPDATE: Sterne Agee Downgraded Power Integrations to Neutral on Anticipated Weak Demand - Benzinga
- Power Integrations Stock To Go Ex-dividend Tuesday (POWI) - TheStreet.com
- Power Integrations Reaches New 52-Week High (POWI) - TheStreet.com
- UPDATE: Stifel Nicolaus Raises PT to $45 on Power Integrations; Q1 Beat, Q2 Raise - Benzinga
- Power Integrations Stock To Go Ex-dividend Monday (POWI) - TheStreet.com
- Sterne Agee Maintains Buy, $40 PT on Power Integrations - Benzinga
- UPDATE: Deutsche Bank Raises Target to $19 on Power Integrators - Benzinga
- Power Integrations Rises On Unusually High Volume (POWI) - TheStreet.com
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,354.40 Trade time:4:40PM EDT Value change:▲121.18 (0.80%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,667.47 Trade time:4:39PM EDT Value change:▲17.00 (1.03%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,498.97 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:▲33.73 (0.97%)
In The Wires
Eden Prairie Minnesota Office Warehouse Space Tenant Dispensing Components, Inc adds Ceme SpA to Product Line
Las Vegas Electrical Services Inc. Announces 24/7 Emergency Service for All Customers
New Mount Siguniang Tour by WindhorseTour Offers a Unique Experience to Western Sichuan
Detroit Pistons NBA Apparel at SportsFanPlayground.com
Three Steps to Success for Local Businesses with Local Marketing Online Based on May Studies
DJ Ty Goodwin Confirmed Act At Drawing On The Moon
Results Matter Radio Spotlights Sustainability in Georgia and the Southeast on Business RadioX
Illuminations Brings World Renowned Therapist to the Middle East