Trimble Company, Cengea Solutions, Awarded Oregon Department of Forestry Contract to Provide State Forest Revenue System
Published on Thursday, 07 June 2012 06:33 Written by TradersHuddle Staff
SUNNYVALE, Calif., June 7, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Trimble (NASDAQ: TRMB) announced today that Cengea Solutions, a Trimble Company, has been awarded a contract by the Oregon Department of Forestry (ODF) to provide a State Forest Revenue System (SFRS) to support the agency in achieving its specific business mission. All state forest lands are actively managed under adopted forest management plans to provide economic, environmental and social benefits to Oregonians. Revenue from timber sales goes to county governments and local public school districts, and from Common School Forest Lands to benefit public schools throughout the state.
ODF intends to replace its existing system with a more robust and versatile Commercial-Off-the-Shelf (COTS) solution to support current and future business requirements. The SFRS system will manage timber sales from setup of sale to closure of the sale, importing and tracking of log load tickets, management of payments and interfacing to the Statewide Financial Management System.
ODF selected Cengea through a competitive bid process. Cengea offers the necessary business software and spatially-enabled components to help the Department better manage its forests and its assets.
The Oregon Department of Forestry was established in 1911. It is under the direction of the State Forester who is appointed by the State Board of Forestry. The agency's main responsibilities are providing fire protection on 16 million acres of forest and grazing land, managing state-owned forestlands, and enforcing laws that protect natural resources during timber harvest and other activities on privately owned lands.
Cengea Solutions Inc., a Trimble Company, provides information technology-based business solutions for resource-based enterprises. Cengea serves the forest products, agriculture, environment, utilities and government markets in North America and around the world. The company offers industry-leading raw material supply chain execution and optimization solutions for the agriculture and forest products sectors. These solutions enable its clients to make sustainable cost reductions and add value to their products by focusing on solving quality, productivity, compliance and operational business challenges. Cengea's clients are some of the world's largest and best-known forest products, agribusiness and conservation organizations as well as small and medium-sized businesses and state and federal departments. The company's 21-year history of serving spatial solutions around the globe puts Cengea in a unique position to understand and help address complex business issues. For more information, visit: www.cengea.com.
Trimble applies technology to make field and mobile workers in businesses and government significantly more productive. Solutions are focused on applications requiring position or location—including surveying, construction, agriculture, forestry, fleet and asset management, public safety and mapping. In addition to utilizing positioning technologies, such as GPS, lasers and optics, Trimble solutions may include software content specific to the needs of the user. Wireless technologies are utilized to deliver the solution to the user and to ensure a tight coupling of the field and the back office. Founded in 1978, Trimble is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif.
For more information, visit: www.trimble.com.
- Trimble Introduces Photogrammetry Functionality to its Trimble Business Center Software for Surveyors
- Trimble Announces CFO Departure
- Trimble's Quantm Alignment Planning System Selected for Two Russian High-Speed Rail Lines
- Trimble Announces that Musanada Adopts Proliance Software for Building and Infrastructure Projects in Abu Dhabi
- Trimble Reports First Quarter 2013 Results
- Trimble Announces First Quarter 2013 Earnings Call and Web Cast
- Trimble Announces First Quarter 2013 Earnings Call and Web Cast
- Trimble and Manitowoc Introduce a New Generation of Collision Avoidance Systems for Cranes
- Trimble 3D Milling Solution Speeds Project Completion and Delivers the Highest Quality Milled Surface without Stringline
- Trimble GCSFlex Grade Control System Now Fully Upgradeable to the Trimble GCS900 Grade Control System
Related Partner Headlines
- Trimble Navigation Limited (TRMB): Today's Featured Electronics Winner - TheStreet.com
- 3 Stocks Pushing The Electronics Industry Higher - TheStreet.com
- Trimble Acquires Assets of Vico Software - Benzinga
- Trimble Acquires Logicway - Benzinga
- Trimble to Acquire North American Trucking Industry Enterprise Software Leader TMW Systems, Expanding Transportation and Logistics Reach - Benzinga
- Trimble Navigation Limited (TRMB): Today's Featured Electronics Laggard - TheStreet.com
- Trimble Extends its BIM-to-Field Capabilities for Building Contractors with SketchUp File Integration - Benzinga
- Trimble Acquires GEOTrac to Extend PeopleNet's Transportation and Logistics Solutions for the North American Oil and Gas Industry - Benzinga
- Trimble Company, Cengea Solutions, Awarded Oregon Department of Forestry Contract to Provide State Forest Revenue System - Benzinga
- Piper Jaffray Reiterates Overweight Rating, $69 PT for Trimble Navigation - Benzinga
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,354.40 Trade time:4:40PM EDT Value change:▲121.18 (0.80%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,667.47 Trade time:4:39PM EDT Value change:▲17.00 (1.03%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,498.97 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:▲33.73 (0.97%)
In The Wires
Eden Prairie Minnesota Office Warehouse Space Tenant Dispensing Components, Inc adds Ceme SpA to Product Line
Las Vegas Electrical Services Inc. Announces 24/7 Emergency Service for All Customers
New Mount Siguniang Tour by WindhorseTour Offers a Unique Experience to Western Sichuan
Detroit Pistons NBA Apparel at SportsFanPlayground.com
Three Steps to Success for Local Businesses with Local Marketing Online Based on May Studies
DJ Ty Goodwin Confirmed Act At Drawing On The Moon
Results Matter Radio Spotlights Sustainability in Georgia and the Southeast on Business RadioX
Illuminations Brings World Renowned Therapist to the Middle East