High Above Average Volume on Apache
Published on Thursday, 07 June 2012 11:38 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, June 7th (TradersHuddle.com) - Unusual high volume detected on shares of Apache Corporation (NYSE:APA) early in the trading session. The pace in volume of Apache is already above average, with buyers stepping in, as the stock is 3.01% higher.
Apache Corporation (NYSE:APA), together with its subsidiaries, engages in the exploration, development, and production of natural gas, crude oil, and natural gas liquids. The company sells its natural gas to local distribution companies, utilities, end-users, integrated oil and gas companies, and marketers; and crude oil to integrated oil companies, purchasers, transporters, and refiners.
Apache has already traded 1.078 times its 3-month average volume and has calculated support and resistance at $77.93 and $84.61 respectively. Traders like to use volume as their lie detector for price action movement through predefined trading ranges.
The overall market index S&P 500 is trading higher by 0.34% from its previous trading close, which means that Apache stock is outperforming the overall market.
- Apache To Sell Selected Canadian Oil And Gas Assets For $112 Million In Two Transactions
- Broadcom - Worst Performing Semiconductor
- Top Performing Dow Component: United Technologies
- Apache Donates 1 Millionth Tree For Black Bear Habitat
- Intel Is Close to Important Technical Levels
- Oando Energy Resources Provides an Update on the ConocoPhillips Acquisition
- TradersHuddle Mid-day Update: Dow Jones Higher Top Performers: UTX, TRV, PG
- Sector Mid-Day Wrap - Semis Higher: RBCN, POWI, CRUS
- Intel Is Moving Above Resistance
- Sector Wrap - Semis Higher: RBCN, POWI, CRUS
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines