Annual Changes to the NASDAQ OMX US Water Index
Published on Monday, 11 June 2012 08:21 Written by TradersHuddle Staff
NEW YORK, June 11, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The NASDAQ OMX Group, Inc. (Nasdaq:NDAQ) announced today the results of the annual evaluation of the NASDAQ OMX US Water IndexSM (Nasdaq:GRNWATUSL), which will become effective prior to market open on Monday, June 18, 2012.
The following security will be added to the Index: Xylem Inc. (XYL UN).
The Index is designed to track the performance of the companies creating products that conserve and purify water for homes, businesses, and industries which are listed on a US Exchange. The Index is weighted in such a matter as to enhance the underlying liquidity and increase the tradability of the Index Securities. The NASDAQ OMX US Water Index is evaluated annually in June. For more information about the NASDAQ OMX US Water Index, including detailed eligibility criteria, visit https://indexes.nasdaqomx.com/.
The NASDAQ OMX US Water Index is the basis for the PowerShares Water Resources Portfolio (NYSE:PHO), an exchange-traded fund which seeks investment results that correspond generally to the price and yield of the NASDAQ OMX US Water Index before fees and expenses.
As a result of the evaluation, the following two securities will be removed from the Index: ITT Corp. (ITT UN) and Tri-Tech Holding Inc. (TRIT UN).
About NASDAQ OMX Global Indexes
NASDAQ OMX Global Indexes is engaged in the design, development, calculation, licensing, and marketing of NASDAQ OMX Indexes. NASDAQ OMX Global Indexes specializes in the development of indexes focusing on NASDAQ OMX's brand themes of innovation, technology, growth, and globalization. NASDAQ OMX Global Indexes also provides custom index services and design solutions as a third-party provider to selected financial organizations. For more information about NASDAQ OMX indexes, visit www.nasdaq.com/indexes.
About NASDAQ OMX Group
The inventor and transformer of the electronic exchange, The NASDAQ OMX Group, Inc., fuels economies with revolutionary technologies for the entire lifecycle of a trade - from risk management to trade to surveillance to clearing. In the US and Europe, we own and operate 24 markets, 3 clearinghouses and 6 central securities depositories supporting equities, options, fixed income, derivatives, commodities, futures and structured products. Able to traffic more than 1 million messages per second at sub-80 microsecond speeds with 99.999% uptime, our technology drives more than 70 exchanges in 50 developed and emerging countries into the future, powering 1 in 10 of the world's securities transactions. Our award-winning data products and worldwide indexes are the benchmarks in the financial industry. Home to 3,400 listed companies worth $5.1 trillion in market cap whose innovations shape our world, we give the ideas of tomorrow access to capital today. Welcome to where the world takes a big leap forward, daily. Welcome to the NASDAQ OMX Century. To learn more, visit www.nasdaqomx.com. Follow us on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/NASDAQ) and Twitter (http://www.twitter.com/nasdaqomx). (Symbol: NDAQ and member of S&P 500)
Neither The NASDAQ OMX Group, Inc. nor any of its affiliates (collectively "NASDAQ OMX") makes any recommendation to buy or sell any security or any representation about the financial condition of any company. Investors should undertake their own due diligence and carefully evaluate companies before investing.
- Bulls taking Control of NASDAQ?
- Neutral Short Term Pattern on NASDAQ
- NASDAQ: Waiting for Direction
- Is NASDAQ Trade Over?
- NASDAQ Short term Bullish Reversal
- NASDAQ Bearish Signs
- Brazil's Market Surveillance Project Goes Live Across All Markets at BM&FBOVESPA
- National Geographic Channel's Brain Games to Ring The NASDAQ Stock Market Closing Bell
- NASDAQ OMX Corporate Solutions Selected to Provide the Scottish Public Sector With a Collaborative Media Services Framework
- New York Cares to Ring The NASDAQ Stock Market Opening Bell
Related Partner Headlines
- Sandy Forces Closure of Stock Markets Through Tuesday - TheStreet.com
- UPDATE: NASDAQ Stock Market to be Closed on Tuesday - Benzinga
- Stock Markets Closed as Superstorm Looms - TheStreet.com
- Top 4 Mid-Cap Stocks In The Diversified Investments Industry With The Highest Cash - Benzinga
- The NASDAQ Stock Market to be Closed on Monday October 29 - Benzinga
- Top 4 Mid-Cap Stocks In The Diversified Investments Industry With The Highest EPS Estimates - Benzinga
- NASDAQ OMX Group Inc. (NDAQ): Today's Featured Financial Services Laggard - TheStreet.com
- NASDAQ OMX Group Inc. (NDAQ): Today's Featured Financial Services Winner - TheStreet.com
- NASDAQ OMX and The NASDAQ Stock Market File Proposed Voluntary Accommodation Program for Review by Securities and Exchange Commission - Benzinga
- NASDAQ OMX Group Inc. (NDAQ): Today's Featured Financial Loser - TheStreet.com
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,307.17 Trade time:4:44PM EDT Value change:▼80.41 (-0.52%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,655.35 Trade time:4:43PM EDT Value change:▼13.81 (-0.83%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,463.30 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:0.00 (0.00%)
In The Wires
Volcano Announces Preliminary Results from the ADVISE II Study and Inclusion in the SYNTAX2 Trial During Hot Line Late Breaking Clinical Trial Sessions at EuroPCR 2013
Dairy Crest CEO Interviewed on Full-Year Results
Survey Copter Flies to Stratasys for 3D Printing of UAV Systems
India Construction Chemicals Market Set to Surpass USD 1.13 Billion Revenues by 2018 Says TechSci Research
Maharishi University of Management to Graduate Largest Class; 2013 Awards Ceremony to be Webcast
Texas Legislature Proposes New Veterans Benefits
Appigo Launches New Todo Pro App for Android on Google Play with Task Management and Collaboration for Business and Teams
NanoMaterials’ NanoLub RC-X Extreme Pressure Lubricants for Motorbikes to be Distributed in Vietnam by Linh Phan Co. Ltd.