American Realty Capital - Retail Centers of America, Inc. Acquires Liberty Crossing Shopping Center and Resets Accrual Date for Distributions
Published on Monday, 11 June 2012 17:42 Written by TradersHuddle Staff
NEW YORK, June 11, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- American Realty Capital – Retail Centers of America, Inc. (the "Company" or "ARC – Retail Centers of America") announced today that on June 8, 2012, it closed its acquisition of the Liberty Crossing Shopping Center located in Rowlett, Texas, at a purchase price of approximately $21.6 million, exclusive of closing costs. This marks the first acquisition by the Company.
"We are particularly pleased to announce today our very first purchase in our large-format retail real estate investment program, ARC – Retail Centers of America," said Nicholas S. Schorsch, its CEO. "We expect that ARC – Retail Centers of America will carry on our tradition of adhering to industry best practices, while representing another sector-specific, best-of-class investment solution operated by a skilled, experienced partner, in this case Lincoln Property Company from Dallas, with a demonstrated track record and an investment theme that resonates with our retail investors."
The property contains 106,000 rentable square feet and is 95 percent leased to 16 tenants. Three tenants represent 41 percent of the annualized rental income of the property: Ross Stores, Inc. (NASDAQ: ROST); PetSmart, Inc. (NASDAQ: PETM); each of which are rated by major credit rating agencies; and Dollar Tree, Inc. (NASDAQ: DLTR).
The Ross Stores lease, which commenced in October 2008, has a 10-year term, expiring in January 2019. The PetSmart lease, which commenced in December 2008, has a 10-year term and expires in December 2018. The Dollar Tree lease commenced in August 2008, has a 10-year term, expiring August 2018.
The Company also announced that its board of directors had reaffirmed a distribution equal to a rate of $0.0017534247 per day based on the common stock price of $10 per share. The board of directors also approved a change to the timing of when such distributions will accrue. Distributions will begin to accrue immediately upon completion of the Company's initial property acquisition, which occurred on June 8, 2012. The distributions will be payable by the 5th day following each month end to stockholders of record at the close of business each day during the prior month. The initial distribution will be payable on July 5, 2012.
ARC – Retail Centers of America is a publicly registered, non-traded real estate investment program.
ARC – Retail Centers of America initially filed a registration statement on Form S-11 (including a prospectus) with the Securities and Exchange Commission ("SEC") on September 14, 2010, and the registration statement became effective on March 17, 2011. This communication relates to such offering. Before you invest, you should read the prospectus in that registration statement and other documents that the Company has filed with the SEC for more complete information about the Company and this offering. You may get these documents for free by visiting EDGAR on the SEC Web site at www.sec.gov. The final prospectus, dated March 17, 2011, and supplements thereto are available on the SEC Web site at:
http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1500554/000114420411015584/v215080_424b3.htm, http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1500554/000114420412024716/v310573_424b3.htm, and http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1500554/000114420412030016/v313530_424b3.htm
Alternatively, the Company or Realty Capital Securities, LLC, the dealer manager participating in the offering, or any other dealer participating in the offering will arrange to send you the prospectus and/or supplements thereto if you request them by calling toll-free 1-877-373-2522.
SOURCE American Realty Capital - Retail Centers of America, Inc.
- Ross Stores Announces First Quarter 2013 Earnings Release and Conference Call
- Ross Stores Reports April Same Store Sales Gain of 7%, Increases First Quarter Earnings Per Share Estimate
- Critical Alerts For Baidu.com, Best Buy, Marriott International, PetSmart, and Royal Gold Released By InvestorsObserver
- InvestorsObserver releases comments on Coca-Cola, US Bancorp, Fifth Third Bancorp, Dollar Tree, and JC Penney
- Ross Stores Reports March Sales, Updates First Quarter EPS Guidance
- InvestorsObserver releases comments on Google, Adobe Systems, Ross Stores, H&R Block, and MDC Holdings
- Ross Stores Announces Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year 2012 Earnings Release and Conference Call
- Ross Stores Reports February Sales
- Pet Dental Checkup Days Event Coming to PETSMART® Stores
- Ross Stores Reports January 2013 Same Store Sales Gain Of 4% And Raises Fourth Quarter 2012 EPS Estimate
Related Partner Headlines
- Ross Stores Inc. Stock Buy Recommendation Reiterated (ROST) - TheStreet.com
- UPDATE: Citigroup Reiterates Buy Rating, Lowers PT on Ross Stores - Benzinga
- Dollar Tree Stores Inc. (DLTR): Today's Featured Services Winner - TheStreet.com
- UPDATE: Deutsche Bank Raises PT to $71 on PetSmart on Strong Quarter - Benzinga
- Washington Pulls the Rug Out - TheStreet.com
- Ross Stores Inc. (ROST): Today's Featured Services Winner - TheStreet.com
- It's Tough Out There - TheStreet.com
- PetSmart Inc. (PETM): Today's Featured Specialty Retail Laggard - TheStreet.com
- Ross Stores Third Quarter Earnings Preview - Investopedia
- Dollar Tree Stores Inc. (DLTR): Today's Featured Retail Laggard - TheStreet.com
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,354.40 Trade time:4:40PM EDT Value change:▲121.18 (0.80%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,667.47 Trade time:4:39PM EDT Value change:▲17.00 (1.03%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,498.97 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:0.00 (0.00%)
In The Wires
Qihoo 360 Reports First Quarter 2013 Unaudited Financial Results
With Summer Just Around the Corner, Car Rental Express (CRX) Suggests Some Family-Friendly Water Parks to Visit with Children
Cheap Cash Flow Beach Front Condo For Sale in Indian Rocks, States ARME Realty.com
Rentrak Announces Worldwide Box Office Results for Weekend of May 19, 2013
Thatsit, Inc. Now Offers Responsive Web Design
Now We're Cookin' Commercial Kitchen and Seminars provide value to Food Incubator Businesses in Chicago area
Online Personal Trainer Advice is Now Available on Expert Advice Website Webponder.com
North Georgia Network Completes High-Speed Fiber Network to the Rabun Business Park