Arch Coal VP Jenny Herner Ranked Among 2012 "Most Influential Business Women"
Published on Monday, 11 June 2012 17:49 Written by TradersHuddle Staff
ST. LOUIS, June 11, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Jenny Herner, Arch Coal vice president of marketing administration, has been named one of St. Louis' 2012 Most Influential Business Women by the St. Louis Business Journal. The award annually recognizes remarkable women who excel in business careers and illustrate the breadth of talent and achievement among St. Louis-area leaders, according to the newspaper. A special section of the St. Louis Business Journal, featuring all the 2012 recipients, will be published Friday, Aug.10.
Vice president of marketing administration since 2010, Herner leads and directs development and administration of coal supply, purchase, trading and logistics agreements. Her responsibilities also include contract-related compliance, including export and customs issues. She participates in contract and dispute negotiations and oversees improvement of deal-capture information systems and offer-to-agreement processes. Herner also directs and provides leadership to Arch Coal's contract administration department.
From 2004-2010, she served as assistant general counsel for Arch Coal, and prior to joining the company, she was assistant general counsel for Angelica Corporation. Herner previously served as an associate attorney for Herzog, Crebs & McGhee and for Thompson Coburn. She is a 1990 graduate of the Georgetown University Law Center and a 1987 journalism graduate of the University of Missouri-Columbia.
Herner is a volunteer for United Cerebral Palsy Heartland, for which she currently serves as vice chairman of operations on the board. In 2011, she traveled to El Salvador as part of a well-drilling team organized through Living Water International.
"Jenny's expertise, dedication and positive influence make her a perfect choice for the Most Influential Business Women Award," said David N. Warnecke, Arch Coal senior vice president of marketing and trading. "Her leadership is an asset to Arch Coal and to the St. Louis area, and we are proud to congratulate her on this prestigious honor."
U.S.-based Arch Coal, Inc. (NYSE: ACI) is a top five global coal producer and marketer, with 157 million tons of coal sold in 2011. Arch is the most diversified American coal company, with more than 20 active mining complexes across every major U.S. coal supply basin. Its core business is supplying cleaner-burning, low-sulfur thermal and metallurgical coal to power generators and steel manufacturers on five continents.
SOURCE Arch Coal, Inc.
- Arch's Thunder Basin Coal Company Earns Pro Patria Award for Support of Military Employees in Wyoming
- Arch Coal Increases Profile in Asia; Hires Zhang Shijie to Lead Chinese Marketing Efforts
- Arch Coal Foundation Awards Scholarships to 16 High School Graduates
- 10 Outstanding Wyoming Teachers Honored With Arch Coal Teacher Achievement Awards
- Arch Coal's Skyline and Sufco Mines Earn Utah Earth Day Awards for Environmental Excellence
- Arch Coal (NYSE:ACI) Announces Quarterly Dividend
- Arch Coal, Inc. Reports First Quarter 2013 Results
- Arch Coal (NYSE:ACI) to Announce First Quarter 2013 Results on April 23
- Arch Coal Earns 10 State Safety, Environmental Awards for Operational Excellence in West Virginia and Colorado
Related Partner Headlines
- Arch Coal Announces Pricing of $375 Million Senior Notes Offering - Benzinga
- Arch Coal Stock Gaps Down On Today's Open (ACI) - TheStreet.com
- Coal Heats Up - TheStreet.com
- Union: Why Is Patriot Coal Bankruptcy Case in New York? - TheStreet.com
- The Second Presidential Debate Will Move Energy Stocks - TheStreet.com
- Bumi Breakup Highlights Coal - Benzinga
- UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Downgrades Arch Coal to Sell on Fundamental and Strategic Challenges - Benzinga
- Cramer Transcript: Alpha Resources Loss Is Nat Gas' Gain - TheStreet.com
- Six Oversold Stocks Ready to Bounce - TheStreet.com
- Arch Coal Stock To Go Ex-dividend Tomorrow (ACI) - TheStreet.com
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,318.23 Trade time:4:34PM EDT Value change:▲138.38 (0.91%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,651.81 Trade time:4:34PM EDT Value change:▲12.77 (0.78%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,482.18 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:▲30.05 (0.87%)
In The Wires
Intermap® Unveils the Orion Platform™ - Industry's First Software-Driven Spatial Data Platform
Gigamon Wins Best of Show Grand Prix at Interop Tokyo 2013
TripAdvisor Acquires GateGuru
Air Canada Named 'Best Airline in North America' in Skytrax Global Survey of More than 18 Million Air Travellers
Experian Data Breach Resolution and freecreditscore.com™ honored with two Gold Stevie® Awards in 2013 American Business Awards(SM)
National Technical Systems Set to Join Russell 3000 Index
Dawson Geophysical to Present at GHS 100 - Energy Conference 2013
Statoil makes another oil find offshore Newfoundland