Earnings Preview: FDS, PIR, SFD, WGO, CASY, KORS
- Published on Monday, 11 June 2012 20:18
- Written by Todd Shriber
It’s another quiet week on the earnings front, but there are a few reports to take note of this week. Overall, traders have another three or four weeks of sluggishness on the earnings front to contend before the second-quarter earnings parade really kicks into high gear. For this week, traders that are looking to take a break from Europe can opt to focus on the following earnings reports.
FactSet Research (NYSE: FDS):
The provider of financial data reports on Tuesday and analysts are expecting $1.04 per share on revenue of $202.9 million. That’s up from 92 cents on revenue of $183.6 million a year earlier. The company has beaten Wall Street estimates in the past two quarters and also raised its dividend last month. The shares currently yield 1.2%.
Pier 1 Imports (NYSE: PIR):
Pier 1 Imports, a prime example of a discretionary retail stock with deep ties to the residential real estate market, reports Thursday before the market opens. Analysts are expecting a profit of 16 cents a share on sales of $360 million. A year earlier, Texas-based Pier One earned 12 cents on sales of $334.6 million. In recent quarters, the company has met Wall Street estimates.
Smithfield Foods (NYSE: SFD):
Shares of the pork producer have plunged 20% since the start of the year due to rising commodities costs and the Virginia-based company is expected to report a fiscal fourth-quarter profit of 54 cents per share. That would be almost 37% than the year earlier period. Analysts are expecting a 5% increase in quarterly sales to $3.3 billion. Smithfield reports Thursday morning before the bell.
Winnebago (NYSE: WGO):
The dominant maker of recreational vehicles is expected to report a fiscal third-quarter profit of 12 cents a share on revenue of $164.7 million. Winnebago’s quarterly and full-year revenue are expected to show double-digit increases.
Casey’s General Stores (NASDAQ: CASY):
Midwestern convenience store operator Casey’s General Stores reports after the bell Thursday and analysts are expecting the Iowa-base company to report earnings of 67 cents on earnings of $1.74 billion. The stock has jumped 20% in the past six months.
Michael Kors (NYSE: KORS):
Analysts are expecting high-end handbag and apparel maker Michael Kors to report a profit of 16 cents on sales of $360.62 million. Investors should note the Michael Kors’ IPO lockup period ends on June 12 and that could lead to some selling pressure as insiders and early investors turn their paper gains into real profits.
- CSX Named To Dow Jones Sustainability Index For Third Consecutive Year
- Mid-Atlantic Industrial Rail Park Receives CSX Select Site Designation
- CSX Corporation Chief Financial Officer to Address Citi's 2013 U.S. and European Industrials Conference
- Critical Alerts For Starbucks, SunPower, CSX, Groupon, and Tyson Foods Released By InvestorsObserver
- National Gateway Completes Phase One Clearance, Applauds Partners
- CSX and Environmental Defense Fund Fellow Foster Innovation, Promote Energy Savings
- CSX Awards Northwest Ohio Community with Partnershipping Award
- CSX Acquires Eastern Associated Terminal in Tampa
- Critical Alerts For CSX, Broadcom, Groupon, Sears, and Organovo Released By InvestorsObserver
- Tuscola Industrial Rail Park Receives CSX Select Site Designation
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines