Earnings Preview: FDS, PIR, SFD, WGO, CASY, KORS
Published on Monday, 11 June 2012 20:18 Written by Todd Shriber
It’s another quiet week on the earnings front, but there are a few reports to take note of this week. Overall, traders have another three or four weeks of sluggishness on the earnings front to contend before the second-quarter earnings parade really kicks into high gear. For this week, traders that are looking to take a break from Europe can opt to focus on the following earnings reports.
FactSet Research (NYSE: FDS):
The provider of financial data reports on Tuesday and analysts are expecting $1.04 per share on revenue of $202.9 million. That’s up from 92 cents on revenue of $183.6 million a year earlier. The company has beaten Wall Street estimates in the past two quarters and also raised its dividend last month. The shares currently yield 1.2%.
Pier 1 Imports (NYSE: PIR):
Pier 1 Imports, a prime example of a discretionary retail stock with deep ties to the residential real estate market, reports Thursday before the market opens. Analysts are expecting a profit of 16 cents a share on sales of $360 million. A year earlier, Texas-based Pier One earned 12 cents on sales of $334.6 million. In recent quarters, the company has met Wall Street estimates.
Smithfield Foods (NYSE: SFD):
Shares of the pork producer have plunged 20% since the start of the year due to rising commodities costs and the Virginia-based company is expected to report a fiscal fourth-quarter profit of 54 cents per share. That would be almost 37% than the year earlier period. Analysts are expecting a 5% increase in quarterly sales to $3.3 billion. Smithfield reports Thursday morning before the bell.
Winnebago (NYSE: WGO):
The dominant maker of recreational vehicles is expected to report a fiscal third-quarter profit of 12 cents a share on revenue of $164.7 million. Winnebago’s quarterly and full-year revenue are expected to show double-digit increases.
Casey’s General Stores (NASDAQ: CASY):
Midwestern convenience store operator Casey’s General Stores reports after the bell Thursday and analysts are expecting the Iowa-base company to report earnings of 67 cents on earnings of $1.74 billion. The stock has jumped 20% in the past six months.
Michael Kors (NYSE: KORS):
Analysts are expecting high-end handbag and apparel maker Michael Kors to report a profit of 16 cents on sales of $360.62 million. Investors should note the Michael Kors’ IPO lockup period ends on June 12 and that could lead to some selling pressure as insiders and early investors turn their paper gains into real profits.
- Premium Standard Farms Changes Company Name to Murphy-Brown of Missouri, Supports Corporate Supply Chain
- Kretschmar® Deli Meats, Kirby Foods, Grant Peoria, IL Boy's Make-A-Wish®
- Kretschmar® Teams with Make-A-Wish®, Price Chopper Food Stores to Grant Blue Springs, Mo. Boy Sensory Playhouse
- Critical Alerts For Freeport-McMoran Copper & Gold, AFLAC, Michael Kors, Vivus, and Santarus Released By InvestorsObserver
- Smithfield Foods Again Named to FTSE4Good's Ranking of Worldwide Socially Responsible Companies
- Stock Alerts For American Express, Norfolk Southern, Toll Brothers, Alexion Pharmaceuticals, and Pier 1 Imports Released By InvestorsObserver
- FactSet Launches Open Collaboration Instant Messaging Solution for the Financial Professional
- FactSet Research Systems Reports Adjusted EPS of $1.14, Up 12% for the Second Quarter of Fiscal 2013
- Smithfield Packing to Consolidate Bone-in Ham Production and Close Landover, Maryland, Plant by Early Fall
- Smithfield Foods Confirms Receipt of Memorandum From Continental Grain Company
Related Partner Headlines
- Insiders Trading VSAT FDS WPP REED - TheStreet.com
- UPDATE: Oppenheimer Holdings Reiterates Outperform Rating, Raises PT on Pier 1 Imports - Benzinga
- Overvaluation Could Split The Fortunes Of FactSet And Its Stock (FDS, GS, TRI, MCO) - Investopedia
- Can Casey's Ring Up Better Cash Flow? (CASY, WMT, MCD, PTRY) - Investopedia
- UPDATE: Pier 1 Posts 58% Surge In FQ2 Net Profit, Lifts Full-Year Forecast - Benzinga
- US Stock Futures Up Ahead Of Economic Data - Benzinga
- Stocks To Watch For September 11, 2012 - Benzinga
- UPDATE: Casey's Posts Upbeat FQ1 Profit - Benzinga
- Smithfield Foods Inc. (SFD): Today's Featured Food & Beverage Winner - TheStreet.com
- Earnings Scheduled For September 10, 2012 - Benzinga
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,335.28 Trade time:4:36PM EDT Value change:▼19.12 (-0.12%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,666.29 Trade time:4:36PM EDT Value change:▼1.18 (-0.07%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,496.43 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:▼2.54 (-0.07%)
In The Wires
DMAi Announces Chairperson For The Convention
JJsHouse Recommends Its Best-Selling Cocktail Dresses To Customers Worldwide
British Government Has No Business Interfering With BP Claims Payments, Says Attorney for Businesses Filing BP Claims
Real Estate SEO Web Development Toolkit Shows Promise For Future of Web Development
The Leading Hotels of the World, in Collaboration with BiancaFilm and Rai Cinema, Present Viaagio Sola
Brown Trucking Company Selects Comdata
Expert Tax Firm Helps Taxpayers Avoid Criminal Prosecution through IRS Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Program (OVDP)
BE Sustainable Group Expands in Singapore