Orient-Express Announces Sale of the Observatory Hotel
Published on Tuesday, 12 June 2012 21:10 Written by TradersHuddle Staff
HAMILTON, Bermuda, June 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Orient-Express Hotels Ltd. (NYSE:OEH, http://www.orient-express.com), owners or part-owners and managers of 46 luxury hotel, restaurant, tourist train and river cruise properties operating in 23 countries, today announced that it has entered into an agreement to sell The Observatory Hotel, Sydney, to an international luxury hotel group. Orient-Express will continue to operate the hotel until the transaction closes, which is expected to be on August 8, 2012.
"It is a key objective of the Company's previously stated long term strategy to optimize its global portfolio for the purpose of reinvesting capital and improving its balance sheet. We are pleased to have made such positive progress in this strategy over the first two quarters of 2012," commented Philip Mengel, Interim Chief Executive Officer, Orient-Express Hotels Ltd.
"Orient-Express believes in the long term potential of The Observatory Hotel, but it was not core to the Company's continuing business strategy. It will be acquired by a world class company that we are confident will make for a successful owner and employer that is committed to the hotel and its future."
Vice President, Chief Financial Officer
Director, Corporate Communications
SOURCE Orient Express Hotels Ltd
- Bulls taking over on Regal-Beloit?
- Is Regal-Beloit Trade Over?
- Bulls and Bears on the Trenches of Regal-Beloit
- Are the Bears Taking Control over Regal-Beloit?
- Regal Beloit Corporation To Present At The Morgan Stanley Industrials & Autos Conference
- Regal-Beloit, Reversal Soon?
- Regal-Beloit Upside Looming?
- Bulls taking Control of Regal-Beloit?
- Regal Beloit Corporation To Present At The Jefferies 2013 Global Industrials Conference
- Regal-Beloit Formed a Bearish Engulfing Candle
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines