Worst Performing Dow Component: Hewlett Packard
Published on Wednesday, 13 June 2012 12:35 Written by Danny Miller
New York, June 13th (TradersHuddle.com) - The Dow Jones Industrial Average is lower trading at 12558, which represents -0.13% versus its previous trading session close, with half of its components trading positively.
JP Morgan (NYSE:JPM) is the Dow's top performer this morning with the stock trading at $34.63 representing 2.55% versus the previous trading session. Shares of JP Morgan, the second largest U.S. lender have defined support at $30.83 and resistance at $34.44.
JNJ (NYSE:JNJ) is also among the top performers early in the session, trading at $63.75 representing 1.06% from its previous close. JNJ, the consumer health care products company maker of Tylenol and Sudafed has calculated support and resistance levels at $61.71 and $66.32 respectively. The other top performer this morning is McDonald's (NYSE:MCD), which is trading at $88.38 representing 0.99% from the previous trading session.
The Dow's worst performers include Hewlett Packard (NYSE:HPQ) that is trading at $21.45 or -1.13% from the previous close. Shares of Hewlett Packard, the maker of printers and personal computers have defined support at $21.38 and resistance at $22.75. Also among the worst performers we have Caterpillar (NYSE:CAT), which is trading at $86.11 representing -1.08% from the previous session.
Benchmark crude for June delivery is also trading lower at $91.44 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange lower by $-0.22 from the previous trading session.
The Dow is under performing the S&P 500, but is pretty much equal with the NASDAQ composite. The S&P 500 is currently trading at 1322.66, which represents -0.11% from previous close, the Nasdaq on the other hand is trading at 2840.93 that represents -0.08% from previous session.
- TradersHuddle Dow's Update, In focus:PFE, HD, JPM, MSFT, CSCO
- TradersHuddle Mid-day Update: Dow Jones Higher Top Performers: HD, JPM, MCD
- Leading Investment Service Previews Earnings for Salesforce.com, NetApp, H-P, Target & Others
- Top Tech Analyst Previews Earnings for Analog Devices, Hewlett-Packard, and Marvell Technology Group
- First Use of Natural Gas to Power Equipment for Hydraulic Fracturing in Northeastern Pennsylvania
- JP Morgan Is Moving Above Resistance
- Critical Alerts For JPMorgan, Whole Foods, T Rowe Price, Randgold Resources, and Ciena Released By InvestorsObserver
- Caterpillar and Mining Machinery Limited Announce Settlement Agreement Related to Siwei Acquisition
- Dow's Top Performers :CSCO, HPQ, IBM
- TradersHuddle Mid-day Update: Dow Jones Lower Top Performers: AXP, PG, WMT
Related Partner Headlines
- Hewlett-Packard Co (HPQ): Today's Featured Computer Hardware Laggard - TheStreet.com
- Dow Today: McDonald's Corporation (MCD) Lower - TheStreet.com
- McDonald's to Replace Head of U.S. Operations - TheStreet.com
- Hewlett-Packard Fourth Quarter Earnings Preview - Investopedia
- Dow Today: McDonald's Corporation (MCD) Higher - TheStreet.com
- JPMorgan Chase & Co (JPM): Today's Featured Banking Laggard - TheStreet.com
- 3 Stocks Pushing The Technology Sector Lower - TheStreet.com
- McDonald's Corporation Stock Buy Recommendation Reiterated (MCD) - TheStreet.com
- Tag Team: JNJ Dividend Trade - TheStreet.com
- New Phase 3 Findings Show STELARA® Significantly Reduced Signs and Symptoms of Active Psoriatic Arthritis - Benzinga
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,307.17 Trade time:4:44PM EDT Value change:▼80.41 (-0.52%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,655.35 Trade time:4:43PM EDT Value change:▼13.81 (-0.83%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,463.30 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:0.00 (0.00%)
In The Wires
Marketo Financial Management Makes Managing Budgets Easier for Marketers
Remember the True Meaning of Memorial Day: To Honor and Remember Our Fallen Heroes and the Families They Left Behind!
New Harman Kardon® Audio/Video Receivers Accomplish Flawless Versatility and Performance
Manpower U.S. Announces New Multi-Channel Delivery Model to Anticipate Client Needs
Volcano Announces Preliminary Results from the ADVISE II Study and Inclusion in the SYNTAX2 Trial During Hot Line Late Breaking Clinical Trial Sessions at EuroPCR 2013
Dairy Crest CEO Interviewed on Full-Year Results
italydesign.com Awarded A+ Rating from Better Business Bureau for Exemplary Customer Service
Big Data, Analytics, Web Applications, Personal Data and Therapists?