NASDAQ 100 Top Performer: Seagate
Published on Wednesday, 13 June 2012 13:35 Written by Danny Miller
New York, June 13th (TradersHuddle.com) - The NASDAQ 100 Index is higher trading at 2549.46, which represents 0.13% versus its previous close. The index is mixed for the day with slightly more than 50% of its components on the green.
Seagate (NASDAQ:STX) is the NASDAQ 100's top performer today with the stock trading at $24.34 representing 4.96% from its previous trading session. Shares of Seagate, the maker of hard drives and storage solutions have defined support at $21.62 and resistance at $23.88.
Dell (NASDAQ:DELL) is also among the top performers, and it is trading at $12.5 representing 4.39% from its previous close. Dell, the 3rd largest personal computer maker in the world, has calculated support and resistance levels at $11.80 and $12.41 respectively. The other top performer of the NASDAQ 100 is Research In Motion (NASDAQ:RIMM), which is trading at $10.79 representing 1.7% from its previous close.
The NASDAQ 100's worst performers include First Solar (NASDAQ:FSLR), which is trading at $13.85 or -7.36% from the prior close. Shares of First Solar, the largest maker of thin film solar modules in the world have defined support at $12.29 and resistance at $13.84. Also among the worst performers Urban Outfitters (NASDAQ:URBN), which is trading at $26.78 representing -3.5% from the previous session.
The NASDAQ 100 is underperfoming the Dow Jones but is pretty much equal with the S&P 500. The Dow Jones Industrial Index is currently trading at 12572.5, which represents -0.01% from previous close, the S&P 500, on the other hand, is trading at 1324.84 that represents 0.05% from its previous close.
- NASDAQ 100 Top Performer: NII Holdings
- NASDAQ 100 Mid-day Update: Higher Top Performers: CSCO, NTAP, FFIV
- First Solar Is Near a Key Resistance Area
- NASDAQ 100 Round Up - Higher: WCRX, FSLR, NFLX
- Trading Idea: Is First Solar Breaking Out?
- First Solar Is Close to Resistance
- NASDAQ 100 Worst Performer: Activision Blizzard
- Will First Solar recover?
- NASDAQ 100 Round Up - Lower: DTV, YHOO, EXPD
- First Solar Broke Resistance
Related Partner Headlines
- Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
- First Solar Inc. Stock Sell Recommendation Reiterated (FSLR) - TheStreet.com
- Earnings Expectations for the Week of November 19 - Benzinga
- The Week Ahead: Lowes, Hewlett-Packard, Deere Earnings; Existing Home Sales - Benzinga
- Dell Stock Hits New 52-Week Low (DELL) - TheStreet.com
- Stocks Flat Ahead of Fiscal Cliff Summit - TheStreet.com
- Seagate Technology PLC Stock Buy Recommendation Reiterated (STX) - TheStreet.com
- UPDATE: Stifel Nicolaus Cuts PT to $14 on Dell; Maintains Buy on Valuation - Benzinga
- Stock Futures Fall Ahead of Fiscal Cliff Talks - TheStreet.com
- UPDATE: Credit Suisse Reiterates Underperform Rating, Lowers PT on Dell - Benzinga
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,354.40 Trade time:4:40PM EDT Value change:▲121.18 (0.80%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,667.47 Trade time:4:39PM EDT Value change:▲17.00 (1.03%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,498.97 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:▲33.73 (0.97%)
In The Wires
Professionally Designed Wedding Dresses Now Online At Tidebuy.com
DressFirst.com Is Providing Big Discounts On All Its Prom Dresses
Great Discounts On Evening Dresses Announced by AmorModa.com
Faruqi & Faruqi, LLP Encourages Investors Who Suffered Losses In Excess Of $100,000 Investing In Vitamin Shoppe, Inc. To Contact The Firm
Faruqi & Faruqi, LLP Encourages Investors Who Suffered Losses In Excess Of $100,000 Investing In Ventrus Biosciences, Inc. To Contact The Firm
Bruno Mars Ticket Prices Slashed at TicketProcess.com - Discounted Tickets Are Still Available With The Trusted Ticket Exchange Giant
Faruqi & Faruqi, LLP Encourages Investors Who Suffered Losses In Excess Of $100,000 Investing In Delcath Systems, Inc. To Contact The Firm
The Rolling Stones Tour Tickets 2013 On Sale At TicketsTeam.com