MEMC Electronic Materials - Top Performer Semiconductor
Published on Wednesday, 13 June 2012 16:51 Written by Christopher Lynn
New York, June 13th (TradersHuddle.com) - The Philadelphia Semiconductor Index traded lower at $369.78, representing -1.06% from its previous close. The semiconductor index had a negative day with only 11 index components trading higher.
MEMC Electronic Materials (NYSE:WFR) was the top performer of the semis, as it traded at $1.89, which represents 3.85%. from the previous trading session. Shares of MEMC Electronic Materials, the silicon wafers producer have defined support at $1.44 and resistance at $1.74.
Rubicon Technology (NASDAQ:RBCN) was also among the top performers, closing the trading session at $9.74 representing 2.72% from its previous close. Rubicon Technology, the high-quality sapphire substrates and optical windows has calculated support and resistance levels at $8.55 and $9.89 respectively. The other top performer of the semis was Intel (NASDAQ:INTC), which traded at $26.72 representing 0.75% from the previous trading session.
The semis' worst performers include Power Integrations (NASDAQ:POWI) that traded at $39.07 or -4.66% from the previous close. Shares of Power Integrations, the maker of proprietary, high-voltage, analog integrated circuits for use in ac to dc conversion have defined support at $39.19 and resistance at $41.87. Also among the worst performers was Veeco Instruments (NASDAQ:VECO), which closed at $32.84 representing -3.13% from the previous trading session.
Today, the semis underperformed the broad market index S&P 500.
- Inovio Pharmaceuticals to Hold Investor Conference Call to Discuss Partnership with Roche
- Roche and Inovio Pharmaceuticals partner on Inovio's prostate cancer and hepatitis B immunotherapy products
- Inovio Pharmaceuticals to Present at Upcoming Investor Conferences
- Inovio Pharmaceuticals' Malaria DNA Vaccine Demonstrates Robust Immune Responses in Animal Models
- Inovio Pharmaceuticals Reports 2013 Second Quarter Financial Results
- Inovio Pharmaceuticals Responds to Market Activity
- Inovio Pharmaceuticals' Potent hTERT DNA Cancer Vaccine Shows Potential to Reduce Tumors and Prevent Tumor Recurrence
- Synthetically Optimized HIF-1 Alpha DNA Delivered with Inovio's Electroporation Technology Provides Significant Therapeutic Effects for Peripheral Arterial Disease in Animal Model
- Inovio's CELLECTRA® Electroporation Delivery Technology Powers Durable, Best-in-Class T-Cell Responses from HIV Vaccine in Human Study
- Inovio Pharmaceuticals' Universal H7N9 DNA Vaccine Protects 100% of Vaccinated Animals in Challenge Study
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines