MEMC Electronic Materials - Top Performer Semiconductor
Published on Wednesday, 13 June 2012 16:51 Written by Christopher Lynn
New York, June 13th (TradersHuddle.com) - The Philadelphia Semiconductor Index traded lower at $369.78, representing -1.06% from its previous close. The semiconductor index had a negative day with only 11 index components trading higher.
MEMC Electronic Materials (NYSE:WFR) was the top performer of the semis, as it traded at $1.89, which represents 3.85%. from the previous trading session. Shares of MEMC Electronic Materials, the silicon wafers producer have defined support at $1.44 and resistance at $1.74.
Rubicon Technology (NASDAQ:RBCN) was also among the top performers, closing the trading session at $9.74 representing 2.72% from its previous close. Rubicon Technology, the high-quality sapphire substrates and optical windows has calculated support and resistance levels at $8.55 and $9.89 respectively. The other top performer of the semis was Intel (NASDAQ:INTC), which traded at $26.72 representing 0.75% from the previous trading session.
The semis' worst performers include Power Integrations (NASDAQ:POWI) that traded at $39.07 or -4.66% from the previous close. Shares of Power Integrations, the maker of proprietary, high-voltage, analog integrated circuits for use in ac to dc conversion have defined support at $39.19 and resistance at $41.87. Also among the worst performers was Veeco Instruments (NASDAQ:VECO), which closed at $32.84 representing -3.13% from the previous trading session.
Today, the semis underperformed the broad market index S&P 500.
- PV Enterprises International, Inc. (PVE) enters into an agreement with Invisosoft, Inc. ( A Global Visual Communications Company ) to develop a Maritime Visual Communication Platform
- PV Enterprises International announcement Time charter awarded.
- PV Enterprises International announces Time Charter awarded
- PV Enterprises International, Inc. Messages to shareholders regarding FINRA
- PV Enterprises International, Inc. (OTC Pink: VDSC) Announces the Spinoff of its subsidiary IMAG Group, Inc. formerly known as Red Tide Defense Group and the Filing with FINRA
- News Message from CEO of PV Enterprises International to its Shareholders
- Message from CEO to Shareholders
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines