NASDAQ 100 Round Up - Higher: BIIB, CTRP, CELG
Published on Thursday, 14 June 2012 13:35 Written by Christopher Lynn
New York, June 14th (TradersHuddle.com) - The NASDAQ 100 Index is higher trading at 2536.35, which represents 0.35% versus its previous close. The index is mixed for the day with slightly more than 50% of its components on the green.
Biogen Idec (NASDAQ:BIIB) is the NASDAQ 100's top performer today with the stock trading at $139.11 representing 3.64% from its previous trading session. Shares of Biogen Idec, the Cambridge, Massachusetts based biotechnology company focusing on neurology, oncology, and immunology have defined support at $126.39 and resistance at $135.38.
Ctrip.com (NASDAQ:CTRP) is also among the top performers, and it is trading at $17.03 representing 3.4% from its previous close. Ctrip.com, the one-stop China travel service provider, has calculated support and resistance levels at $17.50 and $19.35 respectively. The other top performer of the NASDAQ 100 is Celgene (NASDAQ:CELG), which is trading at $65.5 representing 3% from its previous close.
The NASDAQ 100's worst performers include Research In Motion (NASDAQ:RIMM), which is trading at $10.21 or -4.27% from the prior close. Shares of Research In Motion, the Blackberry maker have defined support at $9.57 and resistance at $11.09. Also among the worst performers QUALCOMM (NASDAQ:QCOM), which is trading at $57.24 representing -2.88% from the previous session.
The NASDAQ 100 is underperfoming the Dow Jones but is pretty much equal with the S&P 500. The Dow Jones Industrial Index is currently trading at 12602.6, which represents 0.85% from previous close, the S&P 500, on the other hand, is trading at 1324.53 that represents 0.73% from its previous close.
- NASDAQ 100 Worst Performer: Apollo
- Entry points for QUALCOMM
- NASDAQ 100 Round Up - Flat: ATVI, BIIB, FSLR
- QUALCOMM Is Close to Resistance
- NASDAQ 100 Round Up - Flat: FSLR, CTRP, BIDU
- Trading Idea: What to Expect as QUALCOMM Breaks Resistance
- Entry points for QUALCOMM
- NASDAQ 100 Mid-day Update: Higher Top Performers: CSCO, NTAP, FFIV
- NASDAQ 100 Mid-day Update: Flat Top Performers: APOL, ERTS, BIIB
- Is QUALCOMM Breaking Out?
Related Partner Headlines
- Biogen Idec Inc (BIIB): Today's Featured Drugs Winner - TheStreet.com
- Celgene Corporation Stock Buy Recommendation Reiterated (CELG) - TheStreet.com
- UPDATE: BMO Capital Markets Reiterates Celgene at Outperform on Better PALACE-1 Study Results - Benzinga
- Research in Motion's BBM Allows Voice Chats for Free Over Wi-Fi - Benzinga
- Ctrip.com International Ltd. (CTRP): Today's Featured Leisure Laggard - TheStreet.com
- Celgene Reports Improvement Across Primary-Secondary Endpoints from PALACE-1 - Benzinga
- Celgene Corporation (CELG): Today's Featured Drugs Winner - TheStreet.com
- Clovis Oncology: Pancreatic Cancer Drug Fails Late-Stage Test - TheStreet.com
- UPDATE: Jefferies & Company Reiterates Buy Rating, Raises PT on Celgene Corporation - Benzinga
- Celgene: Abraxane Boosts Pancreatic Cancer Survival - TheStreet.com
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,307.17 Trade time:4:44PM EDT Value change:▼80.41 (-0.52%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,655.35 Trade time:4:43PM EDT Value change:▼13.81 (-0.83%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,463.30 Trade time:4:57PM EDT Value change:▼38.82 (-1.11%)
In The Wires
Starboard Issues Open Letter To DSP Shareholders
Pandora Chief Financial Officer to Present at the Cowen 41st Annual Technology, Media & Telecom Conference
PANHANDLE OIL AND GAS INC. Announces Quarterly Dividend Payment
Axcelis Technologies To Attend Craig Hallum Annual Institutional Investor Conference
Kennametal Management to Meet with Financial Community at KeyBanc and J.P. Morgan Conferences
Sirius Group Declares Semi-Annual Preference Share Dividend
Thomson Reuters Checkpoint Survey Identifies Challenges Accounting Firms Face as They Advise Clients on Implementation of U.S. Health Care Reform
Shanda Games Reports First Quarter 2013 Unaudited Results