Disney•Pixar’s Brave Showing in Dolby Atmos Nationwide
Published on Thursday, 14 June 2012 18:33 Written by TradersHuddle StaffSAN FRANCISCO-( Business Wire )-
Dolby Laboratories, Inc. (NYSE:DLB) today announced the names of select movie theatres nationwide that will screen Disney•Pixar’s Brave in Dolby® Atmos™, the new audio platform that will change the experience of sound in entertainment. The World Premiere of Brave will take place at Hollywood’s Dolby TheatreSM, using Dolby Atmos and Dolby 3D to transport the audience into the adventure, with a lifelike and immersive sensory cinema experience. Following the premiere, Dolby Atmos will continue to wow Brave audiences at select theatres beginning June 22.
“Dolby Atmos is our most revolutionary sound innovation in years, and the industry reaction has been overwhelming. We can’t wait for the public to experience firsthand what producers, studio executives, and sound mixers have been raving about since we first demonstrated the technology in April,” said Ramzi Haidamus, Executive Vice President, Sales and Marketing, Dolby Laboratories. “It’s fitting that Disney•Pixar, known for creating magical and immersive worlds, will be the first to introduce audiences to a film in the most magical and immersive sound format ever conceived.”
The following theatres in the United States and Canada are slated to show Disney•Pixar’s Brave in Dolby Atmos:
• AMC® BarryWoods 24 (Kansas City, MO)
• AMC Burbank 16 (Burbank, CA)
• AMC Century City 15 (Century City, CA)
• AMC Downtown Disney 24 (Lake Buena Vista, FL)
• AMC Garden State 16 (Paramus, NJ)
• AMC Van Ness 14 (San Francisco, CA)
• ArcLight Sherman Oaks (Sherman Oaks, CA)
• Brenden Theatres at the Palms (Las Vegas, NV)
• Century at Pacific Commons and XD (Fremont, CA)
• Cinemark® West Plano and XD (West Plano, TX)
• SilverCity-Yonge Eglington Cinemas (Cineplex) (Toronto, ON)
• Cinetopia Vancouver Mall 23 (Vancouver, WA)
• El Capitan Theatre (Hollywood, CA)
• Kerasotes ShowPlace™ ICON at Roosevelt Collection (Chicago, IL)
“We are so proud that Brave is the first-ever film to be released in Dolby Atmos,” said Mark Andrews, director of Disney•Pixar’s Brave. “It is sound technology at its very best. Dolby Atmos adds a new dimension to the Brave experience, bringing the story to life in a way that complements the film’s animation and 3D presentation. It’s an incredibly immersive experience that movie fans will not want to miss and will not soon forget.”
About Dolby Atmos
The latest sound technology from Dolby Laboratories, Dolby Atmos brings a powerful new listening experience with more natural, realistic cinema sound that truly envelops the audience. It is an end-to-end solution that takes into account the entire content pipeline and brings together mixers, studios, and distributors to create dramatic improvements in the audio experience. The Dolby Atmos platform provides content creators with a new creative freedom to tell their stories and simplifies movie distribution with a single universal package to deliver to audiences the full impact of the artist’s intent, regardless of theatre configuration.
To learn more about Dolby Atmos, visit dolby.com/Atmos. To share an educational video on Dolby Atmos, visit https://vimeo.com/40699179; to see the Dolby Theatre sign-unveiling ceremony, visit http://vimeo.com/43909365.
The Dolby virtual press kit is available at dolby.com/news.
Set in the rugged and mysterious Highlands of Scotland, Disney•Pixar’s Brave follows the heroic journey of Merida (voice of Kelly Macdonald), a skilled archer and headstrong daughter of King Fergus (voice of Billy Connolly) and Queen Elinor (voice of Emma Thompson). Determined to change her fate, Merida defies an age-old custom sacred to the unruly and uproarious lords of the land—massive Lord MacGuffin (voice of Kevin McKidd), surly Lord Macintosh (voice of Craig Ferguson), and cantankerous Lord Dingwall (voice of Robbie Coltrane)—unleashing chaos in the kingdom. When she turns to an eccentric Witch (voice of Julie Walters), she is granted an ill-fated wish, and the ensuing peril forces Merida to harness all of her resources—including her mischievous triplet brothers—to undo a beastly curse and discover the meaning of true bravery. Directed by Mark Andrews and Brenda Chapman, and produced by Katherine Sarafian, Brave is a grand adventure full of heart, memorable characters, and signature Pixar humor. Opens on June 22, 2012, in 3D in select theatres. For more information about Brave, visit Disney.com/Brave, like us on Facebook, facebook.com/PixarBrave, and follow us on Twitter, twitter.com/disneypixar.
About Dolby Laboratories
Dolby Laboratories (NYSE:DLB) is the global leader in technologies that are essential elements in the best entertainment experiences. Founded in 1965 and best known for high-quality audio and surround sound in environments from the cinema to the living room to mobile devices, Dolby creates innovations that enrich entertainment at the movies, at home, or on the go. For more information about Dolby Laboratories or Dolby technologies, please visit www.dolby.com.
Dolby and the double-D symbol are registered trademarks of Dolby Laboratories. All other trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. S12/25803 DLB-G
- AT&T And America Movil To Provide Deeper National Reach For Advanced Enterprise Services Across Latin America
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Willimantic
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Torrington
- AT&T And The University Of Kansas Team Up To Enhance Wireless Coverage On Lawrence Campus
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Fargo
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Amarillo
- Benefitfocus Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Trends of China Gear Industry 2013 Analysis & Reviewed in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Product Launch Formula 4.0 Bonuses Total $5000 at BrianHanson.com
- Datex Presents Motorola Solutions Webinar “Is It ‘Smart’ to Use Smartphones for the Enterprise?”
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines