Faruqi & Faruqi, LLP Files Class Action Lawsuit Against AEterna Zentaris Inc. - AEZS
Published on Friday, 15 June 2012 22:08 Written by TradersHuddle Staff
NEW YORK, June 15, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Notice is hereby given that Faruqi & Faruqi, LLP has filed a class action lawsuit in the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York, Case No. 12-Civ-4711, on behalf of all persons who purchased AEterna Zentaris Inc. ("AEterna" or the "Company") (NASDAQ GM: AEZS) securities between February 3, 2010 and April 1, 2012 inclusive (the "Class Period").
If you wish to obtain information concerning this action or view a copy of the complaint, you can do so by clicking here: http://faruqilaw.com/AEZS. There is no cost or obligation to you.
AEterna, AEterna's Chief Executive Officer Juergen Engel and AEterna's Chief Financial Officer Dennis Turpin are charged with violations of Section 10(b) and/or 20(a) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and Rule 10b-5 promulgated thereunder. Specifically, the complaint alleges that defendants mislead investors about the timing and success of AEterna's clinical trial that tested whether the drug perifosine was effective in treating late stage colorectal cancer.
On April 2, 2012, AEterna shocked the market by disclosing that perifosine was ineffective in treating colorectal cancer. This news caused AEterna stock to drop approximately 66% by the close of the business day.
Plaintiff now seeks to recover damages on behalf of himself and all other individual and institutional investors who bought AEterna securities between February 3, 2010 and April 1, 2012, excluding defendants and their affiliates. Plaintiff is represented by Faruqi & Faruqi, LLP, a law firm with extensive experience in prosecuting class actions and actions involving corporate fraud.
If you purchased AEterna securities during the Class Period, you may, not later than August 14, 2012, move the court to serve as lead plaintiff of the class, if you so choose. In order to discuss this action, or if you have any questions concerning this notice or your rights or interests, please contact:
Faruqi & Faruqi, LLP
369 Lexington Avenue, 10th Floor
New York, NY 10017
ATTN: Juan Monteverde, Esq, Richard Gonnello, Esq. or Francis P. McConville, Esq.
Toll Free: (877) 247-4292
Phone: (212) 983-9330
Attorney Advertising. (C) 2012 Faruqi & Faruqi, LLP. The law firm responsible for this advertisement is Faruqi & Faruqi, LLP (www.faruqilaw.com). Prior results do not guarantee or predict a similar outcome with respect to any future matter.
SOURCE Faruqi & Faruqi, LLP
- Aeterna Zentaris: Posters to be Presented on Phase 1 and Phase 2 Trials with AEZS-108 in Prostate and Breast Cancer at Upcoming ASCO Meeting
- Aeterna Zentaris Announces "At-the-Market" Issuance Program
- Aeterna Zentaris to Present at Upcoming Bloom Burton & Co. Healthcare Investor Conference in Toronto
- Aeterna Zentaris Announces Election of Directors at its Annual Meeting of Shareholders
- Aeterna Zentaris Reports First Quarter 2013 Financial and Operating Results
- Aeterna Zentaris to Announce First Quarter 2013 Financial and Operating Results on May 7, 2013 and Hold Annual Shareholders Meeting on May 8, 2013
- Aeterna Zentaris Newly Appointed CEO, David A. Dodd, to Host Introductory Analyst and Investor Conference Call on Thursday, April 25, 2013
- Aeterna Zentaris Announces Transfer of Manufacturing Rights Related to Cetrotide® to Merck KGaA
- David A. Dodd Appointed President & Chief Executive Officer of Aeterna Zentaris Inc.
- Aeterna Zentaris Presents Encouraging Updated Data on its LHRH Receptor-Targeted Disorazol Z Cytotoxic Conjugates at AACR Meeting
Related Partner Headlines
- Stocks Hitting 52-Week Lows - Benzinga
- Aeterna Zentaris Announces Pricing of US $16.5 Million Public Offering of Common Shares and Warrants - Benzinga
- Aeterna Zentaris Announces Proposed Public Offering of Common Shares and Warrants - Benzinga
- Biotech Stock Mailbag: Navidea, Celsion, Raptor and Threshold - TheStreet.com
- 2012 Biotech Stock Predictions: An Interim Report Card - TheStreet.com
- Benzinga's Microcap Movers for Monday August 14, 2012 - Benzinga
- Aeterna Zentaris Granted Patent in the U.S. for AEZS-130 as Diagnostic Test for Adult Growth Hormone Deficiency - Benzinga
- Aeterna Zentaris and Partner Yakult Initiates Phase 1 Trial in Multiple Myeloma with Perifosine in Japan - Benzinga
- Aeterna Zentaris Announces Final Phase 3 Results for AEZS-130 in Adult Growth Hormone Deficiency Presented at ENDO Meeting - Benzinga
- Aeterna Zentaris: Phase 1 Results Show Perifosine's Activity Against Neuroblastoma - Benzinga
Recent Trading Ideas
Chesapeake Energy Is Close to Resistance
Windstream Is Near its 50 Day Moving Average
Applied Materials Is Close to Resistance
E*TRADE is Near a Key Support Area
First Solar is Near a Key Support Area
Trading Idea: Is Monster Worldwide close to Support?
Trading Idea: - Is Walgreen close to Resistance?
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,303.10 Trade time:4:36PM EDT Value change:▲8.60 (0.06%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,649.60 Trade time:4:35PM EDT Value change:▼0.91 (-0.06%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,459.14 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:▼0.28 (-0.01%)
In The Wires
Law Offices of Ralph Ferro Jr. Announce Complimentary Consultation for Month of May
Web HSP Teams with Local Churches to Offer No-Cost Hosting & Heavily Discounted Website Development Services
China Health Food Industry Analysis and 2015 Forecasts in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
Sherri Gastelum and Platinum Tax Defenders Gets $100,000 Tax Bills Reduced to $1,000 Or Less
Time and Gems’ Ongoing Memorial Day Sale Is Set To Make Waves
Local Freight Trucking in Canada Industry Market Research Report Now Available from IBISWorld
Cheapest Shopping Won't Be Found on Google Says Das Cheap!
Luke Bryan Tickets: Prices Slashed on Luke Bryan Tickets in Raleigh, Bethel, Camden, Peoria, Nashville, Hartford, Chicago, Boston, Atlanta, Indianapolis & SaratogaSprings