SunPower Solar Power System Makes News For Bloomberg
Published on Monday, 18 June 2012 08:08 Written by TradersHuddle Staff
SAN JOSE, Calif., June 18, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- SunPower Corp. (NASDAQ: SPWR) today announced the completion of a 1.8-megawatt solar power system for Bloomberg in New Jersey. The eight-acre, ground-mounted solar tracking system is generating the equivalent of 58 percent of electricity demand at the 100,000-square-foot main building at Bloomberg's Skillman, N.J. campus. It is the first completed renewable energy project at a Bloomberg facility.
"Renewable energy development is a core part of Bloomberg's overall commitment to environmental sustainability. This significant solar installation contributes to Bloomberg's environmental and financial goals, and diversifies New Jersey's energy supply with reliable, clean and affordable power," said Curtis Ravenel, global head of sustainability for Bloomberg.
Bloomberg is buying the power generated from the system at prices below retail rates, providing a long-term hedge against rising power prices with no initial capital investment. The system is owned by a subsidiary of Integrys Energy Services, Inc., which is also selling the solar renewable energy credits and environmental attributes associated with the project. The system is being partially financed through PSE&G's Solar Loan Program, through which PSE&G offers low-interest loans for solar power development.
The system uses high-efficiency SunPower solar panels with the SunPower® T0 Tracker system. The Tracker follows the sun's movement during the day, increasing sunlight capture by up to 25 percent over conventional fixed-tilt systems, while significantly reducing land use requirements.
"The T0 Tracker delivers more solar energy per square meter and greater energy savings than conventional systems, reliably maximizing the clean, renewable solar power generated on site for the next 20 years or more," said Howard Wenger, SunPower president, regions. "With this system, Bloomberg is achieving significant long-term cost savings on electricity and supporting renewable energy development that is critical to environmental health and energy independence."
SunPower Corp. (NASDAQ: SPWR) designs, manufactures and delivers the highest efficiency, highest reliability solar panels and systems available today. Residential, business, government and utility customers rely on the company's quarter century of experience and guaranteed performance to provide maximum return on investment throughout the life of the solar system. Headquartered in San Jose, Calif., SunPower has offices in North America, Europe, Australia, Africa and Asia. For more information, visit www.sunpowercorp.com.
SunPower is a registered trademark of SunPower Corp. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE SunPower Corp.
- SunPower Announces Pricing of $300 Million Aggregate Principal Amount of its 0.75% Senior Convertible Debentures due 2018
- SunPower Announces Intention to Offer $300 Million Aggregate Principal Amount of Senior Convertible Debentures
- SunPower Announces Fiscal Year 2013 Guidance
- MyEnergi Lifestyle Contest Offers Home Energy Makeover, Ford C-MAX Energi - Featured on 'Katie' Show
- Critical Alerts For US Steel, Adobe, SunPower, Garmin, and Shire Group Released By InvestorsObserver
- SunPower Solar System Expected to Save Western Municipal Water District Millions Over the Next Two Decades
- SunPower Reports First-Quarter 2013 Results
- Verizon Launches Green Energy Project to Power 19 Company Facilities Across the Country
- MidAmerican Solar and SunPower Start Major Construction on World's Largest Solar Power Development
- Home Is Where the Hybrid Is: KB Home Features Ford's MyEnergi Lifestyle
Related Partner Headlines
- Semiconductors Stocks, Including KLA-Tencor, Making Big Moves on November 12, 2012 - Investopedia
- SunPower Solar Power Plant at NAWS China Lake Begins Operations - Benzinga
- SunPower Plan to Restructure Philippines Manufacturing Operations - Benzinga
- SunPower Invests in Australian Renewable Electricity Retailer Diamond Energy - Benzinga
- Epuron Acquires SunPower Asset - Benzinga
- UK Solar Stocks Could Shine Plugging Into Incentive Plan - TheStreet.com
- SunPower Stock Hits New 52-Week Low (SPWR) - TheStreet.com
- Total and SunPower Commission a New Solar Panel Manufacturing Plant in France - Benzinga
- K Road Power Acquires 25-Megawatt McHenry Solar Project From SunPower - Benzinga
- UPDATE: Citi Upgrades SunPower; Raises PT - Benzinga
Recent Trading Ideas
Chesapeake Energy Is Close to Resistance
Windstream Is Near its 50 Day Moving Average
Applied Materials Is Close to Resistance
E*TRADE is Near a Key Support Area
First Solar is Near a Key Support Area
Trading Idea: Is Monster Worldwide close to Support?
Trading Idea: - Is Walgreen close to Resistance?
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,303.10 Trade time:4:36PM EDT Value change:▲8.60 (0.06%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,649.60 Trade time:4:35PM EDT Value change:▼0.91 (-0.06%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,459.14 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:▼0.28 (-0.01%)
In The Wires
Kenny Chesney Ticket Prices Slashed by TicketProcess.com; Tickets Still Available For The No Shoes Nation Tour
"Get Ready for Summer Sale" at Sublime Beauty® Continues: New Cellulite Whisperer® Products
Pratt & Whitney Rocketdyne Engines Boost Latest Communication Satellite into Orbit
Real Estate SEO Firm Announces Real Estate SEO Pros For Hire Programs
Company Now Offering Real Estate SEO Tips for Real Estate Professionals in All Markets
CRMnext Introduces Twitter Response for Customer Service Management through Social Networking Channels
Tips for Great Content Marketing for Local Search Success
Used VTEC Engine Now Included in Honda Parts Inventory at AutoProsUSA.com