Semis Outperfoming the S&P 500 :CRUS, MU, NVDA
Published on Monday, 18 June 2012 11:52 Written by Danny Miller
New York, June 18th (TradersHuddle.com) - The Philadelphia Semiconductor Index is trading higher at $377.56, representing 0.64% from its previous close. The semiconductor index is exhibiting strong upside with 21 index components on the plus side.
Cirrus Logic (NASDAQ:CRUS) is the top performer of the semis, trading at $29.99, which represents 3.49%. from the previous trading session. Shares of Cirrus Logic, the provider of high-precision analog and mixed-signal, and embedded processors for audio and industrial markets have defined support at $27.23 and resistance at $29.44.
Micron Technology (NASDAQ:MU) is also among the top performers, currently trading at $5.89 representing 2.35% from its previous close. Micron Technology, the dynamic random access memory chips maker has calculated support and resistance levels at $5.65 and $6.04 respectively. The other top performer of the semis is NVIDIA (NASDAQ:NVDA), which is trading at $12.29 representing 2.16% from the previous trading session.
The semis' worst performers include MEMC Electronic Materials (NYSE:WFR) that is trading at $1.97 or -1.99% from the previous close. Shares of MEMC Electronic Materials, the silicon wafers producer have defined support at $1.44 and resistance at $1.74. Also among the worst performers is Rubicon Technology (NASDAQ:RBCN), which is currently trading at $9.67 representing -1.63% from the previous trading session.
Today, the Semis are outperforming the broad market index S&P 500.
- AT&T And America Movil To Provide Deeper National Reach For Advanced Enterprise Services Across Latin America
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Willimantic
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Torrington
- AT&T And The University Of Kansas Team Up To Enhance Wireless Coverage On Lawrence Campus
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Fargo
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Amarillo
- Benefitfocus Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Trends of China Gear Industry 2013 Analysis & Reviewed in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Product Launch Formula 4.0 Bonuses Total $5000 at BrianHanson.com
- Datex Presents Motorola Solutions Webinar “Is It ‘Smart’ to Use Smartphones for the Enterprise?”
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines