Casinos Outperfomed: PENN, MGM
Published on Monday, 18 June 2012 17:06 Written by Christopher Lynn
New York, June 18th (TradersHuddle.com) - Casino stocks ended the session higher by closing 0.44% versus their previous day close. Casino stocks were mixed with a slight downside bias with 3 out of 7 casino companies trading higher.
Penn National Gaming (NASDAQ:PENN) was the top performer of the casino stocks today closing at $44.77 representing 2.54%. versus the previous trading session. The shares of Penn National Gaming, the owner and operator of casinos in Mississippi, and a riverboat gaming facility in Louisiana have defined support at $42.35 and resistance at $46.28.
MGM Resorts (NYSE:MGM) was also among the top performers, closed the trading session at $10.91 representing 1.02% from its previous close. MGM Resorts, the hospitality and gaming Company owner of properties like the Bellagio and MGM Grand in Las Vegas, NV has calculated support and resistance levels at $10.88 and $11.73 respectively.
Casino Stocks worst performers include Isle of Capri Casinos (NASDAQ:ISLE) that closed the trading session at $5.33 or -1.3% from the previous close. Isle of Capri Casinos, the owner and operator of branded casino resorts throughout the U.S., the U.K. and the Bahamas shares have defined support at $5.16 and resistance at $6.18. Also among the worst performers was Pinnacle Entertainment (NYSE:PNK), which closed the trading session at $9.69 representing -0.51% from the previous trading session.
Casino stocks outperformed the broad market S&P 500 Index that closed the trading session at 1344.78, 1.94 points or 0.14% from the previous trading session.
- Casinos Outperfomed: WYNN, MGM
- MGM Resorts International To Present At The Barclays High Yield Bond & Syndicated Loan Conference
- Gold Strike Casino Resort Unveils $8 Million Buffet Americana
- MGM Resorts Is Close to Resistance
- Wynn Resorts - Top Performing Casino Stock - Mid-Day Update
- University of Phoenix and MGM Resorts International Support American Red Cross through Service to the Armed Forces Giving Program
- Casino Stocks Wrap Up - Lower: LVS, ASCA
- MGM Resorts Foundation Announces The 2013 Women's Leadership Conference
- Critical Alerts For Chevron, MGM Mirage, Charter Communications, Quanta Services, and Acadia Released By InvestorsObserver
- Trading Idea: What to Expect as MGM Resorts Breaks Resistance
Related Partner Headlines
- UPDATE: Deutsche Bank Reiterates Buy Rating, Raises PT on Penn National Gaming - Benzinga
- UPDATE: Imperial Capital Upgrades Penn National Gaming to Outperform, Raises PT - Benzinga
- Sears Among Services' Biggest Movers on November 16, 2012 - Investopedia
- Penn National Issues Proposal for $480M Hollywood Casino in Philly - Benzinga
- MGM Resorts International (MGM): Today's Featured Leisure Laggard - TheStreet.com
- 3 Stocks Pushing The Leisure Industry Lower - TheStreet.com
- UPDATE: Deutsche Bank Reinitiates Coverage on Penn National Gaming at Buy - Benzinga
- Penn National Gaming Submits Proposals for Two Gaming Centers in Woodbury County - Benzinga
- Penn National Gaming Completes $610 Million Accretive Acquisition of Harrah's St. Louis - Benzinga
- Pinnacle Entertainment Inc. Stock Downgraded (PNK) - TheStreet.com
Recent Trading Ideas
Is Priceline.com Coming Down?
Google Is Near a Key Resistance Area
Above Resistance: United Technologies
Trading Idea: What to Expect as Devon Energy Breaks Resistance
Micron Technology Is Near a Key Resistance Area
IMAX Is Moving Above Resistance
Trading Idea: - Is Bank of America close to Resistance?
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,368.22 Trade time:11:33AM EDT Value change:▲32.94 (0.21%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,667.77 Trade time:11:33AM EDT Value change:▲1.48 (0.09%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,498.16 Trade time:11:33AM EDT Value change:▲1.73 (0.05%)
In The Wires
Marriott Foundation Funds New Charitable Initiative Supporting Youth In China
Microsoft Corp. Announces mcaConnect Winner for Industry Partner of the Year Award 2013
Kimberly-Clark Professional Introduces New Wiping Solutions Designed to Meet Aviation Industry Needs
Hain Celestial to Present at the Citi 2013 Global Consumer Conference
YRC Freight Implements Network Optimization Plan
/R E P E A T -- Media Advisory - TD Bank Group to release second-quarter financial results/
Thierry Daucourt Joins XL Group as COO of the International Property & Casualty Insurance Business
XL Group Expands Inland Marine Offerings With New Motor Cargo Truck Coverage Solutions