MagnaChip to Offer Premium 0.18um High Voltage BCD Process
Published on Tuesday, 19 June 2012 06:13 Written by TradersHuddle Staff
SEOUL, South Korea and CUPERTINO, Calif., June 19, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- MagnaChip Semiconductor Corporation ("MagnaChip Semiconductor") (NYSE: MX), a Korea-based designer and manufacturer of analog and mixed-signal semiconductor products, announced today that it now offers a new premium 0.18-micron Bipolar-CMOS-DMOS (BCD) high voltage process. This new process features operability at 60V and will support additional voltage ranges (12V~60V) for applications that include DC-DC converters, Power-over-Ethernet, LED drivers, audio amps and PMICs for the mobile and consumer markets.
This new BCD process is fully compatible with standard CMOS processes and uses high density logic devices (1.8V) and performance analog devices (5V) with low flicker noise. MagnaChip is also developing 80V LDMOS devices featuring expanded operating ranges with completion expected by August, 2012.
Utilizing MagnaChip's proprietary deep-trench isolation technology and high voltage LDMOS device optimization, this new premium 0.18um BCD process will enable high reliability and chip size reduction while improving isolation and low Rsp (specific on resistance) for foundry customers. To enhance design flexibility and cost competitiveness, this process will also support non-volatile memory (NVM), high K metal-insulator-metal capacitor, copper wire bonding, thick top metal, and redistribution layer process options.
"We are very pleased to offer our new 0.18um BCD high voltage process solution that enhances product performance over a wide range of voltages," said Namkyu Park, Vice President of MagnaChip's Foundry Marketing. "To meet the ever increasing technical requirements of foundry customers, our goal is to continue to enhance our process technology and expand our BCD portfolio."
About MagnaChip Semiconductor
Headquartered in South Korea, MagnaChip Semiconductor is a Korea-based designer and manufacturer of analog and mixed-signal semiconductor products for high volume consumer applications. MagnaChip believes it has one of the broadest and deepest range of analog and mixed-signal semiconductor platforms in the industry, supported by its 30-year operating history, a large portfolio of registered and pending patents and extensive engineering and manufacturing process expertise. For more information, please visit www.magnachip.com.
In the United States:
Director of Investor Relations
Senior Manager, Public Relations
SOURCE MagnaChip Semiconductor Corporation
- AT&T And America Movil To Provide Deeper National Reach For Advanced Enterprise Services Across Latin America
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Willimantic
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Torrington
- AT&T And The University Of Kansas Team Up To Enhance Wireless Coverage On Lawrence Campus
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Fargo
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Amarillo
- Benefitfocus Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Trends of China Gear Industry 2013 Analysis & Reviewed in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Product Launch Formula 4.0 Bonuses Total $5000 at BrianHanson.com
- Datex Presents Motorola Solutions Webinar “Is It ‘Smart’ to Use Smartphones for the Enterprise?”
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines