Worst Performing Dow Component: AT&T
Published on Tuesday, 19 June 2012 12:35 Written by Gerard Lerod
New York, June 19th (TradersHuddle.com) - The Dow Jones Industrial Average is higher trading at 12858.9, which represents 0.92% versus its previous trading session close, with only four of its components trading in negative territory.
Bank of America (NYSE:BAC) is the Dow's top performer this morning with the stock trading at $8.13 representing 4.7% versus the previous trading session. Shares of Bank of America, the largest U.S. lender have defined support at $6.85 and resistance at $7.90.
Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT) is also among the top performers early in the session, trading at $30.97 representing 3.79% from its previous close. Microsoft, the maker of Windows operating software has calculated support and resistance levels at $28.64 and $30.08 respectively. The other top performer this morning is United Technologies (NYSE:UTX), which is trading at $76.62 representing 2.16% from the previous trading session.
The Dow's worst performers include AT&T (NYSE:T) that is trading at $35.47 or -0.45% from the previous close. Shares of AT&T, the communications company owner of the second wireless network in the U.S. have defined support at $29.95 and resistance at $36.00. Also among the worst performers we have Verizon (NYSE:VZ), which is trading at $43.69 representing -0.3% from the previous session.
Benchmark crude for June delivery is also trading higher at $91.44 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange higher by $-0.22 from the previous trading session.
The Dow is under performing the S&P 500, but is pretty much equal with the NASDAQ composite. The S&P 500 is currently trading at 1358.45, which represents 1.02% from previous close, the Nasdaq on the other hand is trading at 2929.56 that represents 1.18% from previous session.
- Pratt & Whitney Rocketdyne Engines Boost Latest Communication Satellite into Orbit
- UTC Calls For Redemption Of All Of Its Outstanding 1.200 Percent Notes Due June 1, 2015
- AT&T 3G/4G Combo Named Best for Speed and Value
- AT&T 4G LTE Takes Top Spot In Boston In 2013 PCWorld/TechHive Speed Tests
- Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Network Expands In Buffalo
- AT&T 4G LTE Takes Top Spot In Washington, DC In 2013 PCWorld/TechHive Speed Tests
- AT&T 4G LTE Takes Top Spot In Philadelphia In 2013 PCWorld/TechHive Speed Tests
- New International Packages Deliver More Choice and Value
- AT&T 4G LTE Takes Top Spot in Ann Arbor in 2013 PCWorld/TechHive Speed Tests
- Close to the 50 Day Moving Average: Verizon
Related Partner Headlines
- Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
- Taxes Coming? Take a Deep Breath and Do Nothing for Now - TheStreet.com
- Banks Cough Up $26.1 Billion in Mortgage Relief - TheStreet.com
- Bank of America, MBIA Death Match Hurts Both: Moody's - TheStreet.com
- Bank of America Will Cut to Hit Earnings: Analyst - TheStreet.com
- Why the U.S. Stinks at Mobile Payments: Street Whispers - TheStreet.com
- Big Bank Break-Ups Need to Wait: Dudley - TheStreet.com
- Bank of America and Berkowitz Follow Different Scripts: Street Whispers - TheStreet.com
- AT&T Offers iPad Mini - Benzinga
- AT&T Inc (T): Today's Featured Telecommunications Laggard - TheStreet.com
Recent Trading Ideas
Chesapeake Energy Is Close to Resistance
Windstream Is Near its 50 Day Moving Average
Applied Materials Is Close to Resistance
E*TRADE is Near a Key Support Area
First Solar is Near a Key Support Area
Trading Idea: Is Monster Worldwide close to Support?
Trading Idea: - Is Walgreen close to Resistance?
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,303.10 Trade time:4:36PM EDT Value change:▲8.60 (0.06%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,649.60 Trade time:4:35PM EDT Value change:▼0.91 (-0.06%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,459.14 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:▼0.28 (-0.01%)
In The Wires
FuneralFinancials.com Releases Last Wishes Must-Do List
Valley Auto Loans Releases New Blog Post that Advises on High Risk Auto Loans
Debt Collection Expert Discusses 5 Credit Score Misconceptions
fishbat Raves About Yahoo’s Update to Flickr
VoIPReview.org Reveals the Top 3 Ways that Companies Save Money on International Business by Using VoIP
Mediation.com Announces Addition of Attorney Herbert M. Rowland, Jr. to its Mediator Network
Jim Case Carlton’s Training Announces New Coaching Strategies For Workplace Goals
Mud Rooms: Designing and Converting Perfect Functional Spaces Online