NASDAQ 100's Top Performers: FSLR, NVDA, SHLD
Published on Tuesday, 19 June 2012 13:35 Written by Gerard Lerod
New York, June 19th (TradersHuddle.com) - The NASDAQ 100 Index is higher trading at 2625.82, which represents 1.28% versus its previous close. The index is mixed for the day with slightly more than 50% of its components on the green.
First Solar (NASDAQ:FSLR) is the NASDAQ 100's top performer today with the stock trading at $15.56 representing 7.53% from its previous trading session. Shares of First Solar, the largest maker of thin film solar modules in the world have defined support at $12.29 and resistance at $15.43.
NVIDIA (NASDAQ:NVDA) is also among the top performers, and it is trading at $13.3 representing 7.26% from its previous close. NVIDIA, the world leader in visual computing technologies, has calculated support and resistance levels at $11.91 and $12.73 respectively. The other top performer of the NASDAQ 100 is Sears Holdings (NASDAQ:SHLD), which is trading at $54.22 representing 4.96% from its previous close.
The NASDAQ 100's worst performers include Expedia (NASDAQ:EXPE), which is trading at $48.74 or -2.44% from the prior close. Shares of Expedia, the owner of Expedia.com and Hotels.com have defined support at $43.91 and resistance at $49.12. Also among the worst performers Dell (NASDAQ:DELL), which is trading at $12.15 representing -2.17% from the previous session.
The NASDAQ 100 is underperfoming the Dow Jones but is pretty much equal with the S&P 500. The Dow Jones Industrial Index is currently trading at 12879.9, which represents 1.08% from previous close, the S&P 500, on the other hand, is trading at 1361.27 that represents 1.23% from its previous close.
- NASDAQ 100 Round Up - Flat: FSLR, CTRP, BIDU
- Trading Idea: Is First Solar close to Support?
- NASDAQ 100 Top Performer: NII Holdings
- First Solar Is Near a Key Resistance Area
- Semis Underperfomed the S&P 500 :NVLS, NVDA, WFR
- NASDAQ 100 Round Up - Higher: WCRX, FSLR, NFLX
- Trading Idea: Is First Solar Breaking Out?
- Rubicon Technology - Worst Performing Semiconductor
- NASDAQ 100 Worst Performer: Cognizant Technology Solutions
- First Solar Is Close to Resistance
Related Partner Headlines
- NVIDIA Stock To Go Ex-dividend Tomorrow (NVDA) - TheStreet.com
- First Solar Inc. Stock Sell Recommendation Reiterated (FSLR) - TheStreet.com
- NVIDIA Corporation Stock Buy Recommendation Reiterated (NVDA) - TheStreet.com
- NVIDIA Corporation (NVDA): Today's Featured Technology Laggard - TheStreet.com
- Sears Stock Falls On Unusually High Volume (SHLD) - TheStreet.com
- UPDATE: Sears Posts Narrower-Than-Expected Q3 Loss - Benzinga
- 5 Not-Terrible Options for Holiday Travel Procrastinators - TheStreet.com
- Sears Holdings Announces Completion of Partial Spin-Off Of Its Interest In Sears Canada - Benzinga
- Sears Holdings Corporation (SHLD): Today's Featured Services Laggard - TheStreet.com
- Wall Street Still Isn't Buying Nvidia's Story, But Should You? (NVDA, QCOM, BRCM, TXN) - Investopedia
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,335.28 Trade time:4:36PM EDT Value change:▼19.12 (-0.12%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,666.29 Trade time:4:36PM EDT Value change:▼1.18 (-0.07%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,496.43 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:▼2.54 (-0.07%)
In The Wires
HGST Launches The Highest Capacity Hard Drive For The Mainstream Mobile Market
Social Media and Digital Agencies Will Vanish Within Ten Years
DMAi Announces Chairperson For The Convention
JJsHouse Recommends Its Best-Selling Cocktail Dresses To Customers Worldwide
British Government Has No Business Interfering With BP Claims Payments, Says Attorney for Businesses Filing BP Claims
Real Estate SEO Web Development Toolkit Shows Promise For Future of Web Development
The Leading Hotels of the World, in Collaboration with BiancaFilm and Rai Cinema, Present Viaagio Sola
Brown Trucking Company Selects Comdata