Advanced Micro Devices - Worst Performing Semiconductor
Published on Tuesday, 19 June 2012 16:51 Written by Gerard Lerod
New York, June 19th (TradersHuddle.com) - The Philadelphia Semiconductor Index traded higher at $384.94, representing 1.15% from its previous close. The semiconductor index had a broad rally with 27 index components trading higher.
MEMC Electronic Materials (NYSE:WFR) was the top performer of the semis, as it traded at $2.2, which represents 8.91%. from the previous trading session. Shares of MEMC Electronic Materials, the silicon wafers producer have defined support at $1.44 and resistance at $1.74.
NVIDIA (NASDAQ:NVDA) was also among the top performers, closing the trading session at $13.39 representing 7.98% from its previous close. NVIDIA, the world leader in visual computing technologies has calculated support and resistance levels at $11.91 and $12.73 respectively. The other top performer of the semis was STMicroelectronics (NYSE:STM), which traded at $5.6 representing 4.32% from the previous trading session.
The semis' worst performers include Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE:AMD) that traded at $5.81 or -2.02% from the previous close. Shares of Advanced Micro Devices, the second largest chipmaker in the world have defined support at $5.68 and resistance at $6.14. Also among the worst performers was Cirrus Logic (NASDAQ:CRUS), which closed at $30.4 representing -0.75% from the previous trading session.
Today, the semis outperformed the broad market index S&P 500.
- Bulls taking over on Regal-Beloit?
- Is Regal-Beloit Trade Over?
- Bulls and Bears on the Trenches of Regal-Beloit
- Are the Bears Taking Control over Regal-Beloit?
- Regal Beloit Corporation To Present At The Morgan Stanley Industrials & Autos Conference
- Regal-Beloit, Reversal Soon?
- Regal-Beloit Upside Looming?
- Bulls taking Control of Regal-Beloit?
- Regal Beloit Corporation To Present At The Jefferies 2013 Global Industrials Conference
- Regal-Beloit Formed a Bearish Engulfing Candle
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines