Valassis - Shares Seeking Direction
Published on Wednesday, 20 June 2012 04:42 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, June 20th (TradersHuddle.com) - Shares of Valassis Communications, Inc. (NYSE:VCI) closed the trading day higher by $0.22 or 1.08% from its previous close. Valassis' price action formed what is considered to be a doji close, where the open and close prices are very close to each other, mainly signaling an indecision between buyers and sellers.
Valassis Communications, Inc. (NYSE:VCI) is a media and marketing services Company. The Company and its subsidiaries offer products and services to mass or targeted audiences by mail, in newspapers and stores, and online. Valassis also offers coupon redemption and management; promotion and sweepstakes security; and frequent shopper data collection and analysis.
Valassis' trading range is defined by a trough, which marked calculated support at $19.10 and by a peak that set the resistance point at $21.20. These levels are closely watched by traders managing their positions.
Traders wanting to establish a position in Valassis or traders that are already holding the stock can use the doji close to their advantage, since the pattern present a short-term pause in the stock's price action. This pause results in an entry point for traders depending of which way the stock resolves this short-term indecision.
The Doji is an important candlestick pattern that provides information on their own and as components in a number of important patterns. Doji form when a security's open and close are virtually equal. The length of the upper and lower shadows can vary and the resulting candlestick looks like a cross, inverted cross or plus sign. Alone, doji are neutral patterns.
Any bullish or bearish bias is based on preceding price action and future confirmation. In the case of Valassis, given that the stock finished the session higher, bulls should monitor their positions for confirmation that the stock will continue higher by taking its intraday high. Below a Doji illustration:
- Valassis Board of Directors Approves Increase in Stock Repurchase Program Authorization
- Valassis to Present at the J.P. Morgan Technology, Media and Telecom Conference May 14, 2013
- Valassis Announces Results for the First Quarter Ended March 31, 2013
- Valassis Announces Its First Quarter 2013 Earnings Conference Call
- Valassis' Intelligent Media Delivery Drives Results with Right Media Mix
- Valassis' Brand.net Locates Shoppers with Geo-Commerce Retail Zone Targeting, Increasing Sales 50%
- Valassis Once Again Named 'Best Company for Hourly Workers' by Working Mother Magazine
- Valassis Announces First Quarter 2013 Cash Dividend
- Valassis to Present at the Credit Suisse Global Services Conference March 11, 2013
- Valassis and Roundy's, Inc. Announce In-store Marketing Partnership
Related Partner Headlines
- Valassis Announces In-store Marketing Partnership With Rite Aid - Benzinga
- Postal Regulatory Commission Approves Valassis Plan - Benzinga
- UPDATE: Benchmark Raises PT to $27 on Valassis Communications on Shared Mail Catalyst - Benzinga
- Valassis Communications Inc (VCI): Today's Featured Media Winner - TheStreet.com
- Valassis Board of Directors Approves Increase in Stock Repurchase Program Authorization by 6M Shares - Benzinga
- UPDATE: PiperJaffray Reiterates Neutral Rating, Lowers PT on Valassis Communications - Benzinga
- UPDATE: Benchmark Lowers Valassis Communications' PT - Benzinga
- Valassis Communications Inc Stock Upgraded (VCI) - TheStreet.com
- Valassis Stock Gaps Down On Today's Open (VCI) - TheStreet.com
- Valassis Stock Hits New 52-Week Low (VCI) - TheStreet.com
Recent Trading Ideas
Is Priceline.com Coming Down?
Google Is Near a Key Resistance Area
Above Resistance: United Technologies
Trading Idea: What to Expect as Devon Energy Breaks Resistance
Micron Technology Is Near a Key Resistance Area
IMAX Is Moving Above Resistance
Trading Idea: - Is Bank of America close to Resistance?
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,426.63 Trade time:2:26PM EDT Value change:▲91.35 (0.60%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,674.34 Trade time:2:26PM EDT Value change:▲8.05 (0.48%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,510.95 Trade time:2:26PM EDT Value change:▲14.52 (0.42%)
In The Wires
Quest Diagnostics Declares Quarterly Cash Dividend
Few Alaska Airlines Flights Affected by Volcanic Activity in Alaska
JW Marriott New Orleans Teams Up With Sterling Vineyards for an Unforgettable Wine Dinner May 22
Microsoft unveils Xbox One: the ultimate all-in-one home entertainment system
Microsoft and National Football League announce multiyear landmark partnership to enhance the game for fans, players and coaches
GDT Tek is officially an Industry Partner with the EPA-CHP
Kroger places Empowered Products' PINK® in 1,400 stores across its U.S. National Grocery Chain
Randy Jackson And HSN Celebrate Memorial Day With "American Tribute Event"