Abbott Again Named One of the Best Workplaces in Europe
Published on Wednesday, 20 June 2012 05:08 Written by TradersHuddle Staff
Great Place to Work Institute® Names Abbott One of the Best Workplaces in Europe for the Third Consecutive Year
BERLIN, June 20, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The Great Place to Work® Institute named Abbott (NYSE: ABT) one of the Best Multinational Workplaces in Europe at its European Awards event in Berlin. The company was specifically honored for workplace leadership in Belgium, Denmark, Ireland, Norway and Portugal. This is the third consecutive year that the Great Places to Work Institute has named Abbott one of the Best Workplaces in Europe.
"We're honored to be named once again as one of the Best Multinational Workplaces in Europe," said Eckhard Hofsaess, senior HR director, Europe, Abbott. "In countries across Europe and around the world, we strive to create a workplace that helps employees build extraordinary careers, through work that makes a real difference in improving people's lives."
Across its diverse, global health care businesses, Abbott connects people and their potential through challenging and rewarding opportunities that span the globe. Comprehensive training, mentoring, networking groups and extensive development programs help employees at every phase of their career. Targeted benefits meet the local needs of both employees and Abbott's business in countries around the world, including flexible work options to help employees find success at work and home.
Abbott Widely Recognized as a Great Place to Work
In addition to being recognized as one of the Best Multinational Workplaces in Europe, Abbott has been honored for workplace leadership in more than 25 countries around the world. The company also has been named a top employer for scientists for many years by Science and The Scientist magazines. The company has been included on Working Mother magazine's Best Companies list for 11 consecutive years and on DiversityInc magazine's list of the top companies for diversity for nine years. Additionally, FORTUNE magazine has included Abbott on its "Most Admired Companies" list every year since the list's inception in 1983.
About the Best Workplaces in Europe
The Great Place to Work® Institute Europe selects the Best Multinational Workplaces in Europe from companies that participate in local-country Best Workplaces surveys across Europe. The local country surveys have the same basic methodology that combine the results from the employee survey Trust Index© and the management survey Culture Audit©. The opinion of employees is the most important element of the evaluation.
Abbott is a global, broad-based health care company devoted to the discovery, development, manufacture and marketing of pharmaceuticals and medical products, including nutritionals, devices and diagnostics. The company employs approximately 91,000 people and markets its products in more than 130 countries.
Abbott's news releases and other information are available on the company's website at www.abbott.com.
- Abbott Announces CE Mark for Test to Aid Doctors with Diagnosing and Monitoring Diabetes
- Abbott to Present at UBS Global Healthcare Conference
- Abbott Announces FDA Approval and U.S. Launch of the TECNIS® Toric Intraocular Lens for Cataract Patients
- Abbott Reports First-Quarter 2013 Results
- Abbott Introduces Next Generation Laboratory Automation Solution to Help Meet Increased Testing Demand
- Abbott Initiates Voluntary Recall of FreeStyle InsuLinx® Blood Glucose Meters in the United States
- Abbott's Galectin-3 Test Provides Doctors in Europe with New Tool for Assessing the Prognosis of Chronic Heart Failure Patients
- New Data Reinforce Strong Long-Term Clinical Performance of Abbott's Absorb™ Bioresorbable Vascular Scaffold
- Abbott's Minimally Invasive MitraClip® System for Mitral Regurgitation Demonstrates Positive Clinical and Quality-of-Life Results for Patients Too High Risk for Surgery
- Abbott to Present at Barclays Capital 2013 Global Healthcare Conference
Related Partner Headlines
- Abbott Laboratories Stock Buy Recommendation Reiterated (ABT) - TheStreet.com
- Abbott Offers Details on Phase 3 Hep C Program - Benzinga
- Gilead, Abbott Unwrap Dueline Hep C Data (Updated) - TheStreet.com
- Abbott Announces Results of Analysis Exploring the Use of HUMIRA - Benzinga
- Gilead, Abbott Unwrap Dueling Hep C Pill Data - TheStreet.com
- Biotech Stock Mailbag: Sarepta, Acadia, Vical and a Hep C Preview - TheStreet.com
- Cramer's Top Stock Picks: ABT AFCE HSIC - TheStreet.com
- Cramer's 'Mad Money' Recap: Pros and Cons - TheStreet.com
- Abbott Laboratories (ABT): Today's Featured Drugs Laggard - TheStreet.com
- Obama Win Exposes Medical Stocks to QE Fatigue - TheStreet.com
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,335.28 Trade time:4:36PM EDT Value change:▼19.12 (-0.12%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,666.29 Trade time:4:36PM EDT Value change:▼1.18 (-0.07%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,496.43 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:▼2.54 (-0.07%)
In The Wires
AT&T Statement on Response to Oklahoma Tornado
GeckoSystems, an AI Mobile Robot Co., Reports First Net Profits
Harwood Feffer LLP Announces Investigation of Websense, Inc.
Harwood Feffer LLP Announces Investigation of Acquity Group Limited
Acquisition of Websense, Inc. by Vista Equity Partners May Not Be in the Best Interests of Websense Shareholders
iGATE Terminates the Employment of President and CEO Phaneesh Murthy; Board Appoints Gerhard Watzinger Interim President and CEO
Volcano to Highlight its Physiology Expansion Efforts at EuroPCR 2013
Masimo CEO Joe Kiani Receives Argyros Medal for Visionary Leadership & Commitment to Patient Safety