Trimble to Deliver High-Accuracy CenterPoint RTX Correction Service to Farmers in Latin America
Published on Wednesday, 20 June 2012 06:33 Written by TradersHuddle Staff
Correction Service Provides Positioning Technology via Satellite Communications
SUNNYVALE, Calif., June 20, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Trimble (NASDAQ: TRMB) announced today that its high-accuracy, satellite-delivered CenterPoint™ RTX™ correction service is now available for farmers in Latin America.
Trimble CenterPoint RTX can deliver better than 3.8 centimeter (1.5 inch) accuracies in real time without the use of traditional reference station RTK infrastructure. Initially, the CenterPoint RTX satellite-delivered correction service covered approximately a 1.8 billion-acre swath of central North America, extending from Canada into northern Mexico. The new coverage area has been expanded to include all of Mexico, Central America and South America, where farmers can use the GNSS correction service for cultivating, planting, pest and nutrient management, harvesting and water management.
"The expanded coverage of Trimble's satellite-delivered CenterPoint RTX service into Latin America further extends our broad portfolio of correction services, which also includes OmniSTAR VBS, HP, XP and G2; Trimble CenterPoint VRS; and the CenterPoint RTX service delivered via cellular communications," said Patricia Boothe, general manager of Trimble's Positioning Services Division. "By offering a suite of correction technologies and services, we can satisfy a variety of accuracy, delivery and budget requirements."
"We're committed to expanding the services and software applications that we provide to the global farming community. Increasing the coverage area for high-accuracy GNSS correction services for Trimble's agriculture customers around the world is an example," said Erik Arvesen, vice president of Trimble's Agriculture Division. "In 2011, we offered real-time, satellite-delivered corrections over a central swath of North America where it was well received. Now, farmers in Latin America can also benefit from CenterPoint RTX services to perform precision agriculture operations. Our customers want a broad range of solutions and with CenterPoint RTX, we're delivering those options."
No Additional Hardware Required
Trimble CenterPoint RTX real-time corrections are satellite delivered directly to the GNSS receiver, so there are no additional costs for mobile data plans or hardware such as radios and antennas. The CenterPoint RTX service is compatible with the Trimble CFX-750™ display, FmX® integrated display and the AG-372 GNSS receiver. The service is expected to be available by mid-July. For more information, visit: www.trimble.com/agcorrectionservices.
Trimble applies technology to make field and mobile workers in businesses and government significantly more productive. Solutions are focused on applications requiring position or location—including surveying, construction, agriculture, fleet and asset management, public safety and mapping. In addition to utilizing positioning technologies, such as GPS, lasers and optics, Trimble solutions may include software content specific to the needs of the user. Wireless technologies are utilized to deliver the solution to the user and to ensure a tight coupling of the field and the back office. Founded in 1978, Trimble is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif.
For more information, visit: www.trimble.com.
- Trimble Introduces New Integrated Solution for Drilling and Piling Operations
- Trimble Delivers SketchUp 2013, New Version of 3D Modeling Platform for Architecture, Design and Construction Professionals
- Trimble Introduces Photogrammetry Functionality to its Trimble Business Center Software for Surveyors
- Trimble Announces CFO Departure
- Trimble's Quantm Alignment Planning System Selected for Two Russian High-Speed Rail Lines
- Trimble Announces that Musanada Adopts Proliance Software for Building and Infrastructure Projects in Abu Dhabi
- Trimble Reports First Quarter 2013 Results
- Trimble Announces First Quarter 2013 Earnings Call and Web Cast
- Trimble Announces First Quarter 2013 Earnings Call and Web Cast
- Trimble and Manitowoc Introduce a New Generation of Collision Avoidance Systems for Cranes
Related Partner Headlines
- Trimble Navigation Limited (TRMB): Today's Featured Electronics Winner - TheStreet.com
- 3 Stocks Pushing The Electronics Industry Higher - TheStreet.com
- Trimble Acquires Assets of Vico Software - Benzinga
- Trimble Acquires Logicway - Benzinga
- Trimble to Acquire North American Trucking Industry Enterprise Software Leader TMW Systems, Expanding Transportation and Logistics Reach - Benzinga
- Trimble Navigation Limited (TRMB): Today's Featured Electronics Laggard - TheStreet.com
- Trimble Extends its BIM-to-Field Capabilities for Building Contractors with SketchUp File Integration - Benzinga
- Trimble Acquires GEOTrac to Extend PeopleNet's Transportation and Logistics Solutions for the North American Oil and Gas Industry - Benzinga
- Trimble Company, Cengea Solutions, Awarded Oregon Department of Forestry Contract to Provide State Forest Revenue System - Benzinga
- Piper Jaffray Reiterates Overweight Rating, $69 PT for Trimble Navigation - Benzinga
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,294.50 Trade time:4:53PM EDT Value change:▼12.67 (-0.08%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,650.51 Trade time:4:52PM EDT Value change:▼4.84 (-0.29%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,459.42 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:▼3.88 (-0.11%)
In The Wires
China Zenix Auto International Announces Financial Results for the First Quarter of 2013
Book Of Mormon Battles Itself For Highest Theater Ticket Sales, Learn The Unexpected Winner
Vanda Pharmaceuticals Named the 2013 Life Science Firm of the Year by the Tech Council of Maryland
Voyance and ASCA Announce Strategic Partnership to Better the ASC Industry
LuxPennyVacations.com Announces New May Cabo Hotel Packges
VegasHotelEscapes.com Announces Special Vegas Packages For Memorial Day Weekend
Quinceanera.com Expo and Fashion Show Connects Quinceañeras and their Families with Various Party Planning Services
Cigar Advisor Publishes New Indy 500 Photo Essay and More