Ford Mustang Customizer Updated for 2013, Includes Chance to Win Your Fantasy Mustang
Published on Thursday, 21 June 2012 13:49 Written by TradersHuddle Staff
DEARBORN, Mich., June 21, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- Social engagement is helping to fuel an 18 percent sales jump for Mustang in 2012
- More than 4.1 million fans have already built dream Mustang using the Customizer
- New enhanced and celebrity battle modes will let Facebook users cast ballots for their favorite custom Mustang
- Four fans will win the fantasy Mustang they build in the Customizer
Over its nearly 50-year run, the Ford Mustang has sold more than 8.5 million examples and earned status as an American icon. In the parallel world of social media, its presence is even bigger and about to get bigger still.
To coincide with the new 2013 Mustang now hitting the road, Ford is relaunching its popular Mustang Customizer with a host of new features, such as enhanced battle modes, badges and stats as well as an opportunity for four lucky fans to win either a Mustang V6, GT, Boss 302 or Shelby GT500.
"Since the Customizer was originally launched in September 2011, more than 4.1 million different variations of the Mustang have been built by more than 1 million unique visitors," said Lee Jelenic, Ford marketing communications manager. "We're having great success in social marketing by actively engaging our fans and it's helping to fuel the recent Mustang sales resurgence with sales up 18 percent so far in 2012."
Customers consistently highlight design and personalization as the top reasons to buy a Mustang. The Customizer gives users a way to craft the look of their favorite ride and compare it with their friends.
Through customer research, Ford learned that for Mustang owners, present and future, Customizer was the perfect mechanism to hand the brand over to them. Ford created a rare opportunity for customers to have a meaningful and authentic experience with the product, without having to get them behind the wheel.
The Customizer, available as an app for iPhone, iPad and Android in mid-summer and online at http://www.ford.com/cars/mustang/customizer/, allows fans to choose a Mustang V6, GT, Boss 302 or the new 662-horsepower Shelby GT500. They can then apply a dizzying array of colors, graphics, body kits and wheels to achieve the look they want. If the standard color palette doesn't have anything that looks just right, fans can even use the sliders to blend custom hues.
To make sure the final design looks just right, users can view the car from five different directions with a variety of backdrops and even add some burnouts.
"Fans can save their finished fantasy Mustang to a computer to use as desktop wallpaper or share to their Facebook account and enter into the battle mode," said Brian McClary, Ford digital marketing manager. "The battle mode pits the designs head to head, where more than 5.1 million battle votes have already been cast."
Since the special parts and graphics are available off the shelf, these custom Mustang don't have to remain virtual. Customers can head down to their local Ford dealer and order a Mustang of their own exactly as they built it in the Customizer, except for the unique paint colors.
"We've significantly upgraded the Customizer this year," added McClary. "The original battle mode has been enhanced, and we've added celebrity battles, smack talk capability, new user stats and leader boards, badges and points for the activities on the site and apps."
Earlier this year, a special Mustang TV commercial highlighted some of the possibilities of the Customizer. Click here to view the Mustang Inner TV ad: http://youtu.be/HiyhXf_KVc0.
Over the rest of year, Ford will further sweeten the pot by selecting four dream Mustangs and building them for the creators. Ford will give away one unique Mustang V6, GT, Boss 302 and a Shelby GT500.
Fans can create their inner Mustang now at http://www.ford.com/cars/mustang/customizer/.
About Ford Motor Company
Ford Motor Company (NYSE: F), a global automotive industry leader based in Dearborn, Mich., manufactures or distributes automobiles across six continents. With about 166,000 employees and about 70 plants worldwide, the company's automotive brands include Ford and Lincoln. The company provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company. For more information regarding Ford and its products worldwide, please visit http://corporate.ford.com.
SOURCE Ford Motor Company
- Lincoln Announces Reimagine Project to Aid Visionaries of the Arts, Design and Innovation
- Ford eNews -- May 15, 2013
- Above Resistance: Ford
- Ford Sollers Accelerates Growth Plan in Russia with New Engine Plant and Launch of Ford EcoSport SUV
- Critical Alerts For Ford, Hologic, United Therapeutics, Apollo Group, and Zillow Released By InvestorsObserver
- MyEnergi Lifestyle Contest Offers Home Energy Makeover, Ford C-MAX Energi - Featured on 'Katie' Show
- Is Ford Closing in to Resistance?
- Voting Results from Ford Motor Company's 2013 Annual Meeting of Shareholders
- Ford Motor Company And The Parade Company Announce Major Partnership, The Ford Fireworks Presented By Target, Set For Monday, June 24
- Ford eNews - May 8, 2013
Related Partner Headlines
- First Drive: Ford C-Max Energi - TheStreet.com
- Ford's Fields on Europe: 'You See Headache, We See Opportunity' - TheStreet.com
- Ford Motor Co (F): Today's Featured Automotive Laggard - TheStreet.com
- BMW Cuts Off Toyota, GM and Ford in California - TheStreet.com
- Ford Motor Co Stock Buy Recommendation Reiterated (F) - TheStreet.com
- Ford Launches C-MAX Energi Plug-in Hybrid - Benzinga
- Ford Motor Co (F): Today's Featured Automotive Laggard - TheStreet.com
- Don't Let Obama vs. Romney Hurt Investing Goals, Passion - TheStreet.com
- What If Romney Had Backed Auto Bailouts? - TheStreet.com
- Ford China Sales Rise 48% In October - Benzinga
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,354.40 Trade time:4:40PM EDT Value change:▲121.18 (0.80%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,667.47 Trade time:4:39PM EDT Value change:▲17.00 (1.03%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,498.97 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:▲33.73 (0.97%)
In The Wires
Green Acre Aquaponics Introduces a Revolutionary Approach to Farm Education and Commercial Aquaponics
Jim Case Carlton’s Training Announces New Performance Appraisal Process
fishbat Honored For Raising Over $30,000 For Island Harvest
Valley Auto Loans Announces New High Risk Auto Insurance Service
Feed Additives Market to Reach $19.5 Billion by 2017 at a CAGR of 3.8% - New Report by MarketandMarkets
Gilbert AC Repair Company Announcing Diagnostic Fee Waived For New Customers
VegasHotelEscapes.com Announces Special Vegas Packages For Billboard Music Awards
South African Car Crash Visualisation shows worrying trends