Semis Stocks Mid-Day Round Up - Higher: CREE, VECO, TSM
Published on Friday, 22 June 2012 11:52 Written by Christian Paolinetti
New York, June 22nd (TradersHuddle.com) - The Philadelphia Semiconductor Index is trading higher at $375.34, representing 0.71% from its previous close. The semiconductor index is exhibiting strong upside with 22 index components on the plus side.
Cree (NASDAQ:CREE) is the top performer of the semis, trading at $24.2, which represents 2.37%. from the previous trading session. Shares of Cree, the maker of lighting-class LEDs, LED lighting, and semiconductor solutions for wireless and power applications have defined support at $22.62 and resistance at $24.84.
Veeco Instruments (NASDAQ:VECO) is also among the top performers, currently trading at $34.1 representing 2.07% from its previous close. Veeco Instruments, the provider of process equipment solutions has calculated support and resistance levels at $32.11 and $34.88 respectively. The other top performer of the semis is Taiwan Semiconductor (NYSE:TSM), which is trading at $13.8 representing 1.66% from the previous trading session.
The semis' worst performers include Intel (NASDAQ:INTC) that is trading at $26.71 or -3.36% from the previous close. Shares of Intel, the largest chipmaker in the world have defined support at $24.84 and resistance at $27.75. Also among the worst performers is KLA-Tencor (NASDAQ:KLAC), which is currently trading at $48.42 representing -2.67% from the previous trading session.
Today, the Semis are outperforming the broad market index S&P 500.
- AT&T And America Movil To Provide Deeper National Reach For Advanced Enterprise Services Across Latin America
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Willimantic
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Torrington
- AT&T And The University Of Kansas Team Up To Enhance Wireless Coverage On Lawrence Campus
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Fargo
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Amarillo
- Benefitfocus Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Trends of China Gear Industry 2013 Analysis & Reviewed in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Product Launch Formula 4.0 Bonuses Total $5000 at BrianHanson.com
- Datex Presents Motorola Solutions Webinar “Is It ‘Smart’ to Use Smartphones for the Enterprise?”
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines