NASDAQ 100 Round Up - Higher: FSLR, VRTX, ILMN
Published on Friday, 22 June 2012 13:35 Written by Christopher Lynn
New York, June 22nd (TradersHuddle.com) - The NASDAQ 100 Index is higher trading at 2569.57, which represents 0.49% versus its previous close. The index is mixed for the day with slightly more than 50% of its components on the green.
First Solar (NASDAQ:FSLR) is the NASDAQ 100's top performer today with the stock trading at $15.86 representing 9.08% from its previous trading session. Shares of First Solar, the largest maker of thin film solar modules in the world have defined support at $12.29 and resistance at $15.62.
Vertex Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:VRTX) is also among the top performers, and it is trading at $59.85 representing 3.91% from its previous close. Vertex Pharmaceuticals, the biotechnology company focused on developing novel small molecule pharmaceuticals, has calculated support and resistance levels at $54.02 and $59.25 respectively. The other top performer of the NASDAQ 100 is Illumina (NASDAQ:ILMN), which is trading at $40.42 representing 3.88% from its previous close.
The NASDAQ 100's worst performers include Research In Motion (NASDAQ:RIMM), which is trading at $9.87 or -1.99% from the prior close. Shares of Research In Motion, the Blackberry maker have defined support at $10.01 and resistance at $11.02. Also among the worst performers C. H. Robinson (NASDAQ:CHRW), which is trading at $56.95 representing -1.52% from the previous session.
The NASDAQ 100 is underperfoming the Dow Jones but is pretty much equal with the S&P 500. The Dow Jones Industrial Index is currently trading at 12619.8, which represents 0.37% from previous close, the S&P 500, on the other hand, is trading at 1330.17 that represents 0.35% from its previous close.
- AT&T And America Movil To Provide Deeper National Reach For Advanced Enterprise Services Across Latin America
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Willimantic
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Torrington
- AT&T And The University Of Kansas Team Up To Enhance Wireless Coverage On Lawrence Campus
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Fargo
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Amarillo
- Benefitfocus Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Trends of China Gear Industry 2013 Analysis & Reviewed in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Product Launch Formula 4.0 Bonuses Total $5000 at BrianHanson.com
- Datex Presents Motorola Solutions Webinar “Is It ‘Smart’ to Use Smartphones for the Enterprise?”
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines