Goldman Sachs - Worst Performing Broker
Published on Friday, 22 June 2012 17:07 Written by Danny Miller
New York, June 22nd (TradersHuddle.com) - The overall market traded higher with the S&P 500 adding 0.72%. Stocks of Broker / Dealers also traded higher, with NYSE Broker/Dealer index closing the session at $85.908, which represents 1.41% versus previous day close. The index , it had 8 out of 10 components trading higher.
Nomura (NYSE:NMR) was the top performer of the sector today, closing at $3.55 representing 3.8% versus the previous trading session. Shares of Nomura, the global finanicial services company based in Tokyo, Japan, have defined support at $3.25 and resistance at $3.59.
Ameriprise (NYSE:AMP) was also among the top performers, closed the trading session at $51.17 representing 3.1% from its previous close. Ameriprise, the financial planning firm has calculated support and resistance levels at $47.06 and $51.89 respectively. The other top performer was Morgan Stanley (NYSE:MS), which closed the trading session at $14.14 representing 1.29% from the previous session.
The sector's worst performers include Goldman Sachs (NYSE:GS) that closed the trading session at $93.63 or -0.29% from the previous close. Shares of Goldman Sachs, the premier global investment banking and securities firm have defined support at $92.27 and resistance at $97.60. Also among the worst performers was E*TRADE (NASDAQ:ETFC), which closed the trading session at $7.82 representing -0.06% from the previous session.
- Mid Day Update - Broker Dealer Stocks Underperfoming: MS, JEF, IBKR
- Update - Brokers Flat In Focus:NMR, RJF, SCHW
- Trading Idea: Is E*TRADE Breaking Out?
- E*TRADE - Best Performing Broker
- Trading Idea: Entry Levels for E*TRADE
- Broker Dealer Stocks Outperfomed: RJF, JEF, IBKR
- Broker Dealer Stocks Wrap Up - Flat: NMR, GS, JEF
- Brokers Flat In Focus:ETFC, JEF, NMR
- Is E*TRADE Close to Support?
- Sector Wrap Up - Brokers Declined: JEF, NMR, AMP
Related Partner Headlines
- Tyson Foods Earnings Report Shows Steady Growth - Benzinga
- Goldman Sachs Group Inc (GS): Today's Featured Financial Services Laggard - TheStreet.com
- Corzine May Avoid Harshest MF Global Charges - TheStreet.com
- Goldman Confirms Announcement of 70 New Partners - Benzinga
- Morgan Stanley (MS): Today's Featured Financial Services Laggard - TheStreet.com
- Morgan Stanley Stock Hold Recommendation Reiterated (MS) - TheStreet.com
- Leucadia to the Rescue After Jefferies Rescued Knight - TheStreet.com
- Goldman Sachs Group Inc Stock Hold Recommendation Reiterated (GS) - TheStreet.com
- Buy Goldman Sachs: Merrill Lynch - TheStreet.com
- UPDATE: Bank of America Reinstates Coverage of Morgan Stanley with a Neutral Rating and $20 PO - Benzinga
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,112.19 Trade time:4:52PM EDT Value change:▼206.04 (-1.35%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,628.93 Trade time:4:52PM EDT Value change:▼22.88 (-1.39%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,443.20 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:0.00 (0.00%)
In The Wires
PTC Therapeutics Prices Initial Public Offering
Amdocs Unveils Packaged Software and Hardware for Real-Time Charging, Deployable in Four Months*
Amdocs Showcases Full Range of Solutions and Services to Help Service Providers Unlock the Value of Big Data Analytics
XL Axiata Deploys Amdocs Mobile Payments for Direct Carrier Billing
Sirtex To Distribute Surefire Medical's Innovative Infusion System in Australia and Asia Pacific Markets
Northrop Grumman to Provide Fuel Quantity Indicator System for UK's Sentry E-3D AWACS Aircraft
Men's Wearhouse Declares Quarterly Cash Dividend
One-Third of Companies Have Missed Revenue Goals in the Last Year