Diana Shipping Inc. Announces Drawdown of US$10.325 Million From an Increased Term Loan Facility With Nordea Bank
Published on Monday, 25 June 2012 08:50 Written by TradersHuddle Staff
ATHENS, Greece, June 25, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Diana Shipping Inc. (NYSE:DSX), a global shipping company specializing in the ownership and operation of dry bulk vessels, announced that on June 22, 2012, it completed the drawdown of US$10.325 million through a supplemental loan agreement with Nordea Bank Finland Plc, London Branch. This drawdown increased the size of the previously announced term loan facility from the original amount of US$16.125 million to an amount of up to US$26.450 million.
The purpose of this increase in the facility is to partially finance the acquisition cost of the m/v "Melia," which was delivered to the Company on May 1, 2012. The initial purpose of the facility was to partially finance the acquisition cost of the m/v "Leto," which was delivered to the Company on January 16, 2012.
Diana Shipping Inc.'s fleet currently consists of 28 dry bulk carriers (17 Panamax, 1 Post-Panamax, 8 Capesize and 2 Newcastlemax), as well as 2 new-building Ice Class dry bulk Panamax vessels expected to be delivered to the Company during the fourth quarter of 2013. As of today, the combined carrying capacity of our current fleet, excluding the two vessels not yet delivered, is approximately 3.2 million dwt with a weighted average age of 5.9 years. A table describing the current Diana Shipping Inc. fleet can be found on the Company's website, www.dianashippinginc.com. Information contained on the Company's website does not constitute a part of this press release.
About the Company
Diana Shipping Inc. is a leading global provider of shipping transportation services through the ownership and operation of dry bulk vessels. The Company's vessels are employed primarily on medium to long-term time charters and transport a range of dry bulk cargoes, including such commodities as iron ore, coal, grain and other materials along worldwide shipping routes.
Cautionary Statement Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
Matters discussed in this press release may constitute forward-looking statements. The Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 provides safe harbor protections for forward-looking statements in order to encourage companies to provide prospective information about their business. Forward-looking statements include statements concerning plans, objectives, goals, strategies, future events or performance, and underlying assumptions and other statements, which are other than statements of historical facts.
The Company desires to take advantage of the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 and is including this cautionary statement in connection with this safe harbor legislation. The words "believe," "anticipate," "intends," "estimate," "forecast," "project," "plan," "potential," "may," "should," "expect," "pending" and similar expressions identify forward-looking statements.
The forward-looking statements in this press release are based upon various assumptions, many of which are based, in turn, upon further assumptions, including without limitation, our management's examination of historical operating trends, data contained in our records and other data available from third parties. Although we believe that these assumptions were reasonable when made, because these assumptions are inherently subject to significant uncertainties and contingencies which are difficult or impossible to predict and are beyond our control, we cannot assure you that we will achieve or accomplish these expectations, beliefs or projections.
In addition to these important factors, other important factors that, in our view, could cause actual results to differ materially from those discussed in the forward-looking statements include the strength of world economies and currencies, general market conditions, including fluctuations in charter rates and vessel values, changes in demand for dry bulk shipping capacity, changes in our operating expenses, including bunker prices, drydocking and insurance costs, the market for our vessels, availability of financing and refinancing, changes in governmental rules and regulations or actions taken by regulatory authorities, potential liability from pending or future litigation, general domestic and international political conditions, potential disruption of shipping routes due to accidents or political events, vessels breakdowns and instances of off-hires and other factors. Please see our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission for a more complete discussion of these and other risks and uncertainties.
- Diana Shipping Inc. Announces the Acquisition of a Capesize Dry Bulk Carrier
- Diana Shipping Inc. Announces Time Charter Contract for M/V Melia With Rio Tinto
- Diana Shipping Inc. Announces the Filing of Its 2012 Annual Report on Form 20-F
- Diana Shipping Inc. Announces Date for Its 2013 Annual Meeting of Shareholders and Deadline for Submitting Shareholder Proposals
- Diana Shipping Inc. Reports Financial Results for the Fourth Quarter and Year Ended December 31, 2012
- Diana Shipping Inc. Announces Time Charter Contract for M/V Semirio With Cargill
- Diana Shipping Inc. Announces Time Charter Contract for M/V Sideris GS With Cargill
- Diana Shipping Inc. Announces Time Charter Contract for m/v Maia With Glencore
- Diana Shipping Inc. Announces the Acquisition of a Kamsarmax Dry Bulk Carrier
- Diana Shipping Inc. Announces the Date for the 2012 Fourth Quarter and Year-End Financial Results, Conference Call and Webcast
Related Partner Headlines
- UPDATE: DNB Markets Initiates Diana Shipping to Buy on Dry Bulk Demand Trends - Benzinga
- Diana Shipping Inc. Announces the Acquisition of a New-Building Post-Panamax Dry Bulk Carrier for $25M - Benzinga
- Diana Shipping Announces Time Charter Contract for M/V Salt Lake City With Morgan Stanley - Benzinga
- Diana Shipping Announces Drawdown of $10.325M From an Increased Term Loan Facility With Nordea Bank - Benzinga
- Contango Apparent High Bidder at Central Gulf of Mexico Lease Sale 216/222 and Updates Operations - Benzinga
- Diana Shipping Rises On Unusually High Volume (DSX) - TheStreet.com
- UPDATE: Deutsche Bank Lowers Diana Shipping PT - Benzinga
- UPDATE: Deutsche Bank Cuts Target to $12 on Diana Shipping - Benzinga
- Diana Shipping Rises On Unusually High Volume (DSX) - TheStreet.com
- Is Diana Shipping Topped Out? - Benzinga
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,354.40 Trade time:4:40PM EDT Value change:▲121.18 (0.80%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,667.47 Trade time:4:39PM EDT Value change:▲17.00 (1.03%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,498.97 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:0.00 (0.00%)
In The Wires
Camtek Announces First Quarter 2013 Results
Endexx Corporation establishes New Corporate Office
Exar Introduces New Family of Rugged RS-485 Transceivers for the Industrial Market
iTalk to Exhibit at CTIA Wireless 2013 in Las Vegas
University of Arizona MIS Department Launches Talking Campus Website with AudioEye
Remy International to Present at B. Riley & Co. Investor Conference
Meritor Announces Extension of the Early Tender Date with Respect to Its Cash Tender Offer and Consent Solicitation for Any and All of Its 8-1/8% Notes due 2015
Hastings Entertainment, Inc. Reports Results for the First Quarter of Fiscal 2013