K12 Inc. Expands Online Course Catalog for School Districts
Published on Monday, 25 June 2012 09:20 Written by TradersHuddle Staff
Industry's Largest Online K-12 Course Catalog Now Includes More Middlebury Interactive Languages™ and Expanded Electives
HERNDON, Va., June 25, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- K12 Inc., the nation's leading provider of proprietary curricula and online education programs for students in kindergarten through high school, today announced that it has expanded its course catalog available to school districts for the school year 2012-2013. The company's catalog, the most extensive in the K-12 industry with more than 550 unique online courses and titles, includes over 85 new or enhanced courses and titles, including world languages and expanded electives.
More than 2,000 school districts in all 50 states have chosen K12 to provide curricula, services and support for online and blended learning programs. Over the past decade, the company has delivered over 4 million online course enrollments from its award-winning portfolio, including full-time online programs, credit recovery, core K-12 courses, world languages, AP®, and high school electives. New courses for the 2012-2013 school year include:
- World Languages – Now K12 offers school districts new and enhanced Middlebury Interactive Languages courses. Combining Middlebury College's proven language pedagogy with K12's expertise in online learning, schools and districts have access to courses in five world languages for grades 3-12, available in multiple levels to help students achieve world language fluency.
- Expanded Electives – Designed to engage and motivate today's teenagers in high-interest subject areas, K12 now offers 19 new high school electives including Criminology, Law & Order Legal Studies, Gothic Literature, Great Minds in Science, Hospitality & Tourism, International Business, Mythology & Folklore, and Introduction to Social Media.
- Other New and Updated Courses and Titles – K12 has also added new core, remediation and credit recovery courses, as well as updated versions of more than 45 existing courses and titles across its catalog.
- Common Core Alignment – The company continues to develop all of its courses in full alignment with Common Core State Standards, as well as other state and national standards.
"Successful online learning begins with world-class curricula, developed by curriculum experts, cognitive scientists, and instructional designers who create courses that are highly effective and engaging to students of all ages and skill levels," said John Olsen, Executive Vice President of Operations for K12. "We are pleased to offer our newly expanded catalog to school districts as they continue to broaden their use of online solutions to provide their students highly individualized educational experiences in any learning environment – from full-time virtual, to blended, to traditional classrooms."
K12 provides the industry's most complete continuum of online learning solutions, including award-winning curricula and education support services for full-time online learning, online courses, world languages, credit recovery, remediation, assessment, and test readiness. MDR's market research service EdNET Insight recently reported that K12 is the leading provider of online curriculum to school districts across the United States.
For comparison purposes, K12 counts each full, year-long course as a single, unique course; these courses, which are available over two semesters, are not counted as two, unique courses. In addition, any course that is available in more than one curriculum in the K12 family of brands is only counted as a single, unique course. When counted using methodologies commonly seen within the industry, the K12 catalog has over 850 courses.
About K12 Inc.
K12 Inc. (NYSE: LRN), a technology-based education company, is the nation's largest provider of proprietary curricula and online education programs for students in kindergarten through high school. Using 21st century tools to prepare 21st century students, K12 provides the broadest array of options for students to learn in a flexible and innovative way, at an individualized pace. K12 provides curricula and academic services to public and private schools and districts, traditional classrooms, blended school programs, and directly to families. K12 is accredited through AdvancED, the world's largest education community. Additional information on K12 for schools and districts can be found at www.K12.com/educators.
© 2012 K12 Inc. K12 is a registered trademark, and the K12 logo is a trademark of K12 Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE K12 Inc.
- Colorado Digital BOCES and K12 Inc. Launch New K-12 Online Public School, Colorado Preparatory Academy
- Kansas Virtual Academy Goes Online Next School Year
- Cyber Academy of South Carolina (CASC) Opens Statewide Enrollment for Students Entering Grades K Through 9
- Michigan Great Lakes Virtual Academy (MGLVA) Now Enrolling Students for 2013-2014 Academic Year
- Agora Cyber Charter School Teacher Wins National Parent Organization Award
- Florida Virtual Academy at Palm Beach County Opens Next School Year
- Milken-Penn GSE Education Business Plan Competition Adds $25,000 Prize From K12 To May Event
- Agora Cyber Charter School Now Enrolling Students for 2013-2014 Academic Year
- K12 Inc. Responds to the Florida Inspector General's Draft Report
- Ohio Virtual Academy Now Enrolling Students for 2013-2014 Academic Year
Related Partner Headlines
- 3 Stocks Pushing The Diversified Services Industry Lower - TheStreet.com
- UPDATE: Barrington Research Reiterates Outperform, $35 PT on K12 on Strong Fundamentals - Benzinga
- O'Reilly Automotive, Inc and More Big Movers in Services on September 13, 2012 - Investopedia
- Pall and Other Big Movers on the NYSE on September 13, 2012 - Investopedia
- UPDATE: K12 Disputes Allegations Made by Seminole County School District - Benzinga
- From Earlier: Nathaniel A. Davis Appointed as Chairman of K12 . Board of Directors - Benzinga
- UPDATE: Bank of America Merrill Lynch Maintains Buy Rating, Lowers PT for K12 - Benzinga
- K12 Stock Falls On Unusually High Volume (LRN) - TheStreet.com
- Barrington Research Reiterates Its Outperform Rating on K12 - Benzinga
- Morgan Stanley Maintains K12 at Overweight, Lowers PT from $37 to $34 - Benzinga
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,112.19 Trade time:4:20PM EDT Value change:▼206.04 (-1.35%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,628.93 Trade time:4:20PM EDT Value change:▼22.88 (-1.39%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,443.20 Trade time:4:37PM EDT Value change:▼38.98 (-1.12%)
In The Wires
Ultratech Ships First Ambient Control Laser Spike Anneal System
ChinaEdu Reports First Quarter 2013 Results
TreeHouse Foods Announces Webcast of Second Quarter 2013 Earnings Conference Call
Monsanto Company Sets Webcast and Analyst/Media Call for Third-Quarter 2013 Earnings
Bronstein, Gewirtz & Grossman, LLC Announces Investigation of Vanda Pharmaceuticals Inc.
Mercy Lab Offers Faster On-demand Diabetes Testing, Cellular Studies
Echo Therapeutics Announces Closing of Public Offering of Common Stock And Full Exercise of Over-Allotment Option by the Underwriter
SandRidge Energy Transitions Leadership