DTE Energy's JoAnn Chavez appointed to state Hispanic/Latino Commission
Published on Monday, 25 June 2012 10:16 Written by TradersHuddle Staff
DETROIT, June 25, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- DTE Energy's Vice President and Chief Tax Officer, JoAnn Chavez, has been appointed by Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder to serve on the Hispanic/Latino Commission.
Chavez will join the 15-member commission that works to develop a unified policy and plan of action to serve the needs of Michigan's Hispanic and Latino residents.
"I couldn't be more pleased with JoAnn's appointment to the Commission," said Dave Meador, DTE Energy executive vice president and CFO. "She has a passion for this work and over the past four years has made a real difference working with several Hispanic community organizations. This appointment is one of many ways our company can play a role in restoring the health and prosperity of our state and its neighborhoods."
Chavez, who is replacing Miguel Ramirez, previously, served as a tax partner for KPMG LLP's Detroit business unit. She also serves as a finance committee member for Detroit Cristo Rey High School and as an advisory member for the University of Michigan-Dearborn College of Business board of directors. Chavez will serve a three-year term that expires Dec. 10, 2014. Her appointment must be approved by the Michigan Senate.
DTE Energy (NYSE:DTE) is a Detroit-based diversified energy company involved in the development and management of energy-related businesses and services nationwide. Its operating units include Detroit Edison, an electric utility serving 2.1 million customers in Southeastern Michigan, MichCon, a natural gas utility serving 1.2 million customers in Michigan and other non-utility, energy businesses focused on gas storage and pipelines, unconventional gas production, power and industrial projects, and energy trading. Information about DTE Energy is available at dteenergy.com, twitter.com/dte_energy and facebook.com/dteenergy.
SOURCE DTE Energy
- AT&T And America Movil To Provide Deeper National Reach For Advanced Enterprise Services Across Latin America
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Willimantic
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Torrington
- AT&T And The University Of Kansas Team Up To Enhance Wireless Coverage On Lawrence Campus
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Fargo
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Amarillo
- Benefitfocus Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Trends of China Gear Industry 2013 Analysis & Reviewed in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Product Launch Formula 4.0 Bonuses Total $5000 at BrianHanson.com
- Datex Presents Motorola Solutions Webinar “Is It ‘Smart’ to Use Smartphones for the Enterprise?”
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines