Facebook Names Sheryl Sandberg to Its Board of Directors
Published on Monday, 25 June 2012 17:08 Written by TradersHuddle Staff
MENLO PARK, Calif., June 25, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Facebook (Nasdaq: FB) announced today that Sheryl Sandberg, chief operating officer at Facebook, has joined the company's board of directors.
Sandberg oversees Facebook's business operations including sales, marketing, business development, legal, human resources, public policy and communications.
"Sheryl has been my partner in running Facebook and has been central to our growth and success over the years," said Mark Zuckerberg, founder and CEO of Facebook. "Her understanding of our mission and long-term opportunity, and her experience both at Facebook and on public company boards makes her a natural fit for our board."
"Facebook is working every day to make the world more open and connected," Sandberg said. "It's a mission that I'm deeply passionate about, and I feel fortunate to be part of a company that is having such a profound impact in the world."
Prior to Facebook, Sandberg was vice president of Global Online Sales and Operations at Google, where she built and managed the online sales channels for advertising and publishing and operations for consumer products worldwide. She previously served as Chief of Staff for the United States Treasury Department under President Bill Clinton and began her career as an economist with the World Bank. She received B.A. and M.B.A degrees from Harvard University.
Sandberg also serves on the boards of The Walt Disney Company, Women for Women International, the Center for Global Development and V-Day.
Along with Sandberg, Facebook's current board members are: Mark Zuckerberg; Marc L. Andreessen, Andreessen Horowitz; Erskine B. Bowles, president emeritus, University of North Carolina system; James W. Breyer, Accel Partners; Donald E. Graham, chairman and CEO, The Washington Post Company; Reed Hastings, chairman and CEO, Netflix; and Peter A. Thiel, Founders Fund.
Founded in February 2004, Facebook's mission is to give people the power to share and make the world more open and connected. Anyone can sign up for Facebook and interact with the people they know in a trusted environment. Facebook is headquartered in Menlo Park, Calif.
- Critical Alerts For Facebook, Hess, Southwestern Energy, Linear Technology, and Melco Crown Entertainment Released By InvestorsObserver
- Facebook Reports First Quarter 2013 Results
- Leading Investment Service Previews Earnings for Facebook, LinkedIn, OpenTable, Visa & Others
- Facebook and Webroot Expand "Always-On" Security to New Markets
- Stock Alerts For Facebook, Prudential, Marvell Technology, Dunkin Brands, and Popular Released By InvestorsObserver
- Facebook to Announce First Quarter 2013 Results
- Critical Alerts For Facebook, Petroleo Brasileiro, Devon Energy, Melco Crown Entertainment, and Lasalle Hotel Released By InvestorsObserver
- Susan Desmond-Hellmann Joins Facebook Board of Directors
- Facebook to Participate in the Morgan Stanley Technology, Media & Telecom Conference
- Critical Alerts For Facebook, Computer Sciences, Chicago Bridge & Iron, Standard Pacific, and Jefferies Group Released By InvestorsObserver
Related Partner Headlines
- A Reality Check on Facebook and Yahoo! Rumors - TheStreet.com
- UPDATE: Piper Jaffray Reiterates Overweight Rating, Lowers PT on Facebook - Benzinga
- Cantor Fitzgerald Reiterates Buy Rating, $28 PT on Facebook - Benzinga
- Can Facebook Get Through Another Lock-up Expiration Quietly? (FB, GOOG, GRPN, ZNGA) - Investopedia
- Jim Cramer: Facebook Rally Not Surprising - TheStreet.com
- Is Mark Cuban Serious About Facebook? - TheStreet.com
- Facebook Rally Not Surprising - TheStreet.com
- Brain Drain at Zynga: CFO Leaves For Facebook - TheStreet.com
- Microsoft, Facebook, Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
- Will Facebook Investors Sell Their Shares or Post a Positive Status Update? - Benzinga
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,354.40 Trade time:4:40PM EDT Value change:▲121.18 (0.80%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,667.47 Trade time:4:39PM EDT Value change:▲17.00 (1.03%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,498.97 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:▲33.73 (0.97%)
In The Wires
Green Acre Aquaponics Introduces a Revolutionary Approach to Farm Education and Commercial Aquaponics
Jim Case Carlton’s Training Announces New Performance Appraisal Process
fishbat Honored For Raising Over $30,000 For Island Harvest
Valley Auto Loans Announces New High Risk Auto Insurance Service
Feed Additives Market to Reach $19.5 Billion by 2017 at a CAGR of 3.8% - New Report by MarketandMarkets
Gilbert AC Repair Company Announcing Diagnostic Fee Waived For New Customers
VegasHotelEscapes.com Announces Special Vegas Packages For Billboard Music Awards
South African Car Crash Visualisation shows worrying trends