Earnings Preview: MON, GIS, NKE, FDO, STZ, HRB
- Published on Tuesday, 26 June 2012 00:52
- Written by Todd Shriber
After weeks of saying earnings reports were waning in quantity or that we are in the midst of warnings season, not earnings season, it’s safe to say the earnings deluge starts in earnest this week. Several marquee names across myriad sectors step into the earnings confessional this week. These reports should provide some insight regarding what investors can expect throughout second-quarter earnings season.
Monsanto (NYSE: MON)
Agribusiness giant Monsanto is expected to report third-quarter 2012 earnings of $1.60 per share and that estimate is up from $1.30 just two months ago. A year ago, the company earned $1.26 a share. Analysts expecting revenue of $4 billion.
General Mills (NYSE: GIS):
Minnesota-based General Mills, the second-largest U.S. food company behind Dow component Kraft (NYSE: KFT), is forecast to to announce that its fourth-quarter earnings came to $0.59 per share on revenues of $4.1 billion. That would be up from $0.52 per share and $3.6 billion, respectively, in the same period of last year. Like Monsanto, General Mills reports on Wednesday.
Nike (NYSE: NKE):
The world’s largest maker of athletic footwear and apparel is expected a report a profit of $1.37 a share on sales of $6.5 billion. Nike has beaten Wall Street estimates in nine of the past 10 quarters. Shares of Nike have fallen 9% in the past month. Nike reports on Thursday.
Family Dollar (NYSE: FDO):
Also reporting on Thursday is discount retailer Family Dollar. Analysts are expecting a profit of $1.07 a share on revenue of $2.4 billion. That implies EPS growth of 14.9% on revenue growth of 10.2%. Shares of Family Dollar have increased 4.2% in the past month.
Constellation Brands (NYSE: STZ):
The wine and beer firm is expected to report a profit of 39 cents on $645.5 million. This report could be significant because the company might update investors on any plans to sell its stake in Grupo Modelo. The stock soared on Monday on rumors the company might be in talks to sell that stake to Anheuser Busch InBev (NYSE: BUD), but Constellation would not comment on the rumor.
H&R Block (NYSE: HRB):
The tax preparation giant is expected to post a fiscal fourth-quarter profit of $2.05 on revenue of $2 billion. A year earlier, the company posted $2.14 per share earnings and $2.3 billion in revenues. H&R Block’s fiscal fourth quarter includes tax season. The company reports results on Tuesday.
- AT&T And America Movil To Provide Deeper National Reach For Advanced Enterprise Services Across Latin America
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Willimantic
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Torrington
- AT&T And The University Of Kansas Team Up To Enhance Wireless Coverage On Lawrence Campus
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Fargo
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Amarillo
- Benefitfocus Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Trends of China Gear Industry 2013 Analysis & Reviewed in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Product Launch Formula 4.0 Bonuses Total $5000 at BrianHanson.com
- Datex Presents Motorola Solutions Webinar “Is It ‘Smart’ to Use Smartphones for the Enterprise?”
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines