Earnings Preview: MON, GIS, NKE, FDO, STZ, HRB
Published on Tuesday, 26 June 2012 00:52 Written by Todd Shriber
After weeks of saying earnings reports were waning in quantity or that we are in the midst of warnings season, not earnings season, it’s safe to say the earnings deluge starts in earnest this week. Several marquee names across myriad sectors step into the earnings confessional this week. These reports should provide some insight regarding what investors can expect throughout second-quarter earnings season.
Monsanto (NYSE: MON)
Agribusiness giant Monsanto is expected to report third-quarter 2012 earnings of $1.60 per share and that estimate is up from $1.30 just two months ago. A year ago, the company earned $1.26 a share. Analysts expecting revenue of $4 billion.
General Mills (NYSE: GIS):
Minnesota-based General Mills, the second-largest U.S. food company behind Dow component Kraft (NYSE: KFT), is forecast to to announce that its fourth-quarter earnings came to $0.59 per share on revenues of $4.1 billion. That would be up from $0.52 per share and $3.6 billion, respectively, in the same period of last year. Like Monsanto, General Mills reports on Wednesday.
Nike (NYSE: NKE):
The world’s largest maker of athletic footwear and apparel is expected a report a profit of $1.37 a share on sales of $6.5 billion. Nike has beaten Wall Street estimates in nine of the past 10 quarters. Shares of Nike have fallen 9% in the past month. Nike reports on Thursday.
Family Dollar (NYSE: FDO):
Also reporting on Thursday is discount retailer Family Dollar. Analysts are expecting a profit of $1.07 a share on revenue of $2.4 billion. That implies EPS growth of 14.9% on revenue growth of 10.2%. Shares of Family Dollar have increased 4.2% in the past month.
Constellation Brands (NYSE: STZ):
The wine and beer firm is expected to report a profit of 39 cents on $645.5 million. This report could be significant because the company might update investors on any plans to sell its stake in Grupo Modelo. The stock soared on Monday on rumors the company might be in talks to sell that stake to Anheuser Busch InBev (NYSE: BUD), but Constellation would not comment on the rumor.
H&R Block (NYSE: HRB):
The tax preparation giant is expected to post a fiscal fourth-quarter profit of $2.05 on revenue of $2 billion. A year earlier, the company posted $2.14 per share earnings and $2.3 billion in revenues. H&R Block’s fiscal fourth quarter includes tax season. The company reports results on Tuesday.
- Monsanto's Robert T. Fraley Named 2013 World Food Prize Laureate
- Monsanto Company Releases 2012 Sustainability Report
- Trading Idea: - Is NIKE close to Resistance?
- Is NIKE Closing in to Support?
- Monsanto's Drought Tolerance Trait In Genuity® DroughtGard® Hybrids Receives Final Major Import Approval From China
- Monsanto Company Receives Final Key Regulatory Approval For Intacta RR2 PRO™ Soybeans, Setting Up Commercial Launch In Brazil
- Key Levels for NIKE
- Critical Alerts For American Express, General Mills, Valeant Pharma., Lululemon and Iron Mountain Released By InvestorsObserver
- Is NIKE Closing in to Support?
- General Mills Raises Fiscal 2013 Earnings Guidance
Related Partner Headlines
- Nike Inc. (NKE): Today's Featured Consumer Goods Winner - TheStreet.com
- General Mills Inc. Stock Buy Recommendation Reiterated (GIS) - TheStreet.com
- NIKE Announces 17% Increase in Quarterly Dividend and Two-for-One Stock Split - Benzinga
- Jared Woodard: GIS -- Rich Volatility - TheStreet.com
- Today Was Demoralizing - TheStreet.com
- Monsanto Company (MON): Today's Featured Chemicals Laggard - TheStreet.com
- General Mills Inc. (GIS): Today's Featured Food & Beverage Winner - TheStreet.com
- Nike Inc. (NKE): Today's Featured Consumer Goods Laggard - TheStreet.com
- Monsanto Company Stock Buy Recommendation Reiterated (MON) - TheStreet.com
- Nike Inc. Stock Buy Recommendation Reiterated (NKE) - TheStreet.com
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,306.83 Trade time:1:58PM EDT Value change:▼11.40 (-0.07%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,650.95 Trade time:1:58PM EDT Value change:▼0.86 (-0.05%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,474.86 Trade time:1:58PM EDT Value change:▼7.32 (-0.21%)
In The Wires
Nickelodeon And Crayola Draw Up New Adventures This Fall With Extended Licensing Partnership
AK Steel Announces Pricing of $30 Million Add-On Offering of Senior Secured Notes
Monsanto's Robert T. Fraley Named 2013 World Food Prize Laureate
Southern Company recognized as a top employer for workers over 50
5 Elements Independent Authors Must Include in their Press Kits
Scholastic Recognized with 21 "AEP Awards" for News Stories, Supplemental PreK - 12 Resources, and Marketing Campaigns
MARITAGE International and McCann Health Partner To Create First-ever Campaign for 'A Shawl for All Women'
Corvex and Related Respond to CommonWealth REIT's Misleading Statements Regarding Effects of Consent Solicitation on Debt Obligations