AT&T Launches Microsite For Boston-Providence Area To Show Up-to-Date Local Network Upgrades
Published on Tuesday, 26 June 2012 11:16 Written by TradersHuddle Staff
BOSTON, June 26, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- AT&T* is offering wireless users in the greater Boston and Providence areas a bird's-eye view of AT&T's wireless network enhancements. Beginning today, local AT&T customers can see area network enhancements for the nation's largest 4G network by simply visiting the new "focus: Boston-Providence" microsite. Updated weekly, the microsite provides an unparalleled view, unlike any other in the industry, of what AT&T is doing to enhance the customer experience.
Visitors to the microsite will see a map of the area – which spans from greater Boston out to Worcester, up to southern New Hampshire and down through Cape Cod and Providence – and they are prompted to select the city or town they're most interested in exploring. The majority of AT&T's mobile Internet traffic in this territory runs over enhanced backhaul -- or the cables that connect sites to the overall AT&T network -- to provide customers with 4G speeds.
The hyper-local map displays neighborhood-level network enhancements made by AT&T since the beginning of 2011. Enhancements include new cell sites, mobile Internet speed upgrades, capacity upgrades and network connection upgrades. The focus: Boston-Providence (http://att.com/BostonNetwork) microsite interactive map is also optimized for most mobile devices.
In the greater Boston-Providence area**, from the beginning of 2011 through mid-June 2012, AT&T has:
- Built nearly 25 new cell sites, providing more bars in the area.
- Upgraded nearly 45 cell sites, providing faster mobile Internet speeds.
- Added nearly 800 carriers to increase spectrum on area cell sites, providing extra capacity to reduce dropped calls and improve service quality at busy times.
- Expanded more than 1,200 network connections with fiber lines at area cell sites, helping reduce dropped calls and enable 4G*** speeds.
In addition to the Boston-Providence area, AT&T has created microsites for: Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas-Fort Worth, Detroit, Houston, Indianapolis, Kansas City, Los Angeles, New York, Philadelphia, Phoenix, San Diego, San Francisco, South Florida, St. Louis, Tampa-St. Petersburg and Washington, DC. All sites are accessible at the "focus: AT&T" landing page.
*AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc.
**Greater Boston-Providence Area includes the US Census metro areas of Boston, Concord, Laconia, Manchester, Providence and Worcester, plus the Cape Cod area.
***4G speeds not available everywhere. Compatible device required. Learn more at att.com/network.
AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T) is a premier communications holding company and one of the most honored companies in the world. Its subsidiaries and affiliates – AT&T operating companies – are the providers of AT&T services in the United States and around the world. With a powerful array of network resources that includes the nation's fastest mobile broadband network, AT&T is a leading provider of wireless, Wi-Fi, high speed Internet, voice and cloud-based services. A leader in mobile broadband and emerging 4G capabilities, AT&T also offers the best wireless coverage worldwide of any U.S. carrier, offering the most wireless phones that work in the most countries. It also offers advanced TV services under the AT&T U-verse® and AT&T │DIRECTV brands. The company's suite of IP-based business communications services is one of the most advanced in the world.
Additional information about AT&T Inc. and the products and services provided by AT&T subsidiaries and affiliates is available at http://www.att.com. This AT&T news release and other announcements are available at http://www.att.com/newsroom and as part of an RSS feed at www.att.com/rss. Or follow our news on Twitter at @ATT.© 2012 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. Mobile broadband not available in all areas. AT&T, the AT&T logo and all other marks contained herein are trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies.
SOURCE AT&T Inc.
- Meadowbrook Insurance Group, Inc. Sued by Investor
- Meadowbrook Insurance Group, Inc. Receives Bank Waiver Under Credit Facility
- Meadowbrook's Comment on Class Action Complaint
- Harwood Feffer LLP Announces Investigation of Meadowbrook Insurance Group, Inc.
- Ryan & Maniskas, LLP Announces Class Action Lawsuit Against Meadowbrook Insurance Group, Inc.
- Pomerantz Law Firm has filed a Class Action Against Meadowbrook Insurance Group, Inc. and Certain Officers - MIG
- SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Pomerantz Law Firm Investigates Claims On Behalf of Investors of Meadowbrook Insurance Group, Inc. -- MIG
- Meadowbrook Insurance Group, Inc. Announces That It Has Filed A Form 12b-25 To Allow The Filing Of The Company's Form 10-Q By August 14, 2013
- Meadowbrook Insurance Group, Inc. Announces Agreement to Provide "A" Rated Policy Issuance Solution
- Meadowbrook Insurance Group, Inc. Comments On A.M. Best Decision To Downgrade Rating For Meadowbrook Insurance Group, Inc. And Its Subsidiaries
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines