Chase Paymentech Launches New Payment Terminal to Help Merchants Securely, Conveniently Accept Newest Forms of Customer Payment
Published on Wednesday, 27 June 2012 08:05 Written by TradersHuddle StaffDALLAS-( Business Wire )-
To continue delivering innovations that support small business, Chase Paymentech, a subsidiary of JPMorgan Chase & Co. [NYSE:JPM], today launched its new Future Proof terminal, allowing merchants to accept current and quickly emerging forms of customer payments all in one streamlined device. The new terminal helps merchants prepare for the future – by accepting EMV (Europay, MasterCard, Visa) chip cards, as well as phone-based mobile wallets and other forms of contactless payment – while maintaining a commitment to security, convenience and the current value of traditional card acceptance.
“As emerging payment options gain adoption in the U.S., merchants are looking to make the customer check-out process as easy and safe as possible,” said Mike Duffy, president of Chase Paymentech. “The Future Proof terminal is a one-stop solution for merchants to keep accepting today’s forms of payment and prepare for new consumer payment preferences on the horizon.”
The Future Proof terminal – available through Chase’s 5,300 bank branch network and at www.chasepaymentech.com – is designed for a wide variety of merchants and offers unmatched flexibility in payment acceptance. With the new device, merchants can securely and conveniently accept:
- Traditional magnetic-stripe payment cards, which continue to account for the vast majority of electronic payments;
- EMV-enabled chip cards, which are less susceptible to counterfeit and other forms of fraud, offering greater security and more streamlined processing;
- Mobile wallets, which will help businesses in the future establish two-way communications with customers, building loyalty and unlocking new business opportunities; and
- Contactless payments, which allow customers to bypass signature for small ticket items and keep lines moving for merchants.
These acceptance capabilities are critically important given announcements from payment networks that are expected to encourage the use of EMV-chip cards in the U.S. market to reduce the incidence of payment fraud for both merchants and their customers.
Merchants that accept EMV-chip cards with the Future Proof terminal, which supports both signature- and pin-based EMV transactions, can expect fewer chargebacks and may have no liability in the future for the cost of card fraud – saving them time and money. Widespread usage of EMV enabled cards in the United Kingdom and Canada suggests this type of card may reduce fraud as well.
The explosive growth of mobile payments also provides merchants a unique opportunity to satisfy consumer demand and integrate non-payment applications that can unlock new business opportunities, such as coupons and loyalty programs. The Future Proof terminal ensures merchants can accept the most common forms of mobile, Near-Field-Communication-enabled payments in the future, which Juniper Research forecasts will grow to $74 billion in transactions by 2015.
“As a small business owner, Chase Paymentech’s Future Proof terminal allows me to accept all types of payments, even the new ones,” said Mohammad Chowdhury, owner of Carnegie Hill Gallery, a custom framing store in New York City. “I had a customer from Japan pay with a chip card the other day. The interesting thing was that she wasn’t surprised she could pay with her chip card - she just expected me to accept it. I feel good knowing that my business is ready for the next generation of customers who enter my store. Whether they want to pay with traditional cards, chip cards, smart phones, I will be able to accept them all as easily and securely as I always have.”
Chase Paymentech has unmatched experience in arming merchants with the most innovative, secure solutions for accepting payments, helping them stay ahead of changes in the way consumers pay. In 2007 the company was the first payment processor in Canada to offer a terminal that supported both Visa and MasterCard EMV chip-and-PIN payments and Chase Paymentech has been processing EMV transactions in Canada ever since. As consumer payment preferences continue to evolve, the Future Proof terminal’s automated software update ensures merchants can keep up with trends without having to contact Chase Paymentech.
About Chase Paymentech
Chase Paymentech, a subsidiary of JPMorgan Chase (JPMC), is a leading provider of payment processing and merchant acquiring. The company’s proprietary platforms enable integrated solutions for all payment types, including credit, debit, prepaid stored value and electronic check processing; as well as digital, alternative and mobile payment options. Chase Paymentech has uniquely combined proven payment technology with a long legacy of merchant advocacy that creates quantifiable value for companies large and small. In 2011, Chase Paymentech processed 24.4 billion transactions with a value of $553.7 billion, including an estimated half of all global Internet transactions. In addition to the ability to authorize transactions in more than 130 currencies, the company provides business analytics and information services, fraud detection and data security solutions. More information can be found at www.chasepaymentech.com.
- Is JP Morgan Closing in to Resistance?
- TradersHuddle Dow's Update, In focus:PFE, HD, JPM, MSFT, CSCO
- TradersHuddle Mid-day Update: Dow Jones Higher Top Performers: HD, JPM, MCD
- JP Morgan Is Moving Above Resistance
- Critical Alerts For JPMorgan, Whole Foods, T Rowe Price, Randgold Resources, and Ciena Released By InvestorsObserver
- Above Resistance: JP Morgan
- Dow's Top Performers :BAC, JPM, HPQ
- JP Morgan Is Near its 50 Day Moving Average
- Trading Idea: Entry Levels for JP Morgan
- Dow Jones Round Up - Lower: HPQ, MMM, BA
Related Partner Headlines
- JPMorgan Chase & Co (JPM): Today's Featured Banking Laggard - TheStreet.com
- Seize on JPMorgan for a Day Trade - TheStreet.com
- Dow Today: JPMorgan Chase (JPM) Higher - TheStreet.com
- JPMorgan Gets $3 Billion Buyback OK, Shares Jump - TheStreet.com
- Dow Today: JPMorgan Chase (JPM) Lower - TheStreet.com
- JPMorgan Chase & Co (JPM): Today's Featured Banking Winner - TheStreet.com
- Love Or Hate - Wall Street Will Hate A Republican Win (JPM, GS, BAC) - Investopedia
- JPMorgan Chase & Co (JPM): Today's Featured Banking Laggard - TheStreet.com
- The Soundest Bank Play - TheStreet.com
- Morgan Stanley Risk Change Raises Eyebrows - TheStreet.com
Recent Trading Ideas
Chesapeake Energy Is Close to Resistance
Windstream Is Near its 50 Day Moving Average
Applied Materials Is Close to Resistance
E*TRADE is Near a Key Support Area
First Solar is Near a Key Support Area
Trading Idea: Is Monster Worldwide close to Support?
Trading Idea: - Is Walgreen close to Resistance?
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,303.10 Trade time:4:36PM EDT Value change:▲8.60 (0.06%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,649.60 Trade time:4:35PM EDT Value change:▼0.91 (-0.06%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,459.14 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:▼0.28 (-0.01%)
In The Wires
What’s The Best Bed Offers Mattress & Sleep Solutions for Opposite Couples
Zamansky & Associates LLC Files FINRA Arbitration for Investors Against Investors Capital Corporation
Delaware E-Records First Document Through Simplifile
The Cash Store Financial Services Inc. Files Amended Financial Statements
As Summer Quickly Approaches, Car Rental Express (CRX) Suggests Some Great California Wineries to Visit
Adapt or Die: Web Business Owner James Schramko Shares Critical Strategy on Business Growth
Seven Arts Entertainment Inc. Responds To Defamatory And Fraudulent Claim
New Custom Layouts for Business Website: All Included Custom Designs for Business Owners that Purchase SEO Package