Group 1 Automotive CEO Receives Entrepreneurial Accolades
Published on Wednesday, 27 June 2012 16:17 Written by TradersHuddle Staff
Earl J. Hesterberg awarded Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year
HOUSTON, June 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Group 1 Automotive, Inc. (NYSE: GPI), a Fortune 500 automotive retailer, today announced that Earl J. Hesterberg, Group 1's president and chief executive officer, was presented with the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year 2012 Gulf Coast Area award in the consumer products and services category.
"It is very humbling to receive such an accolade, especially considering the impressive accomplishments of the other four companies named as category finalists for the award," said Hesterberg. In his acceptance speech, Hesterberg gave credit to Group 1's 9,000 associates for their long hours of work and high degree of professionalism.
As the 2012 Gulf Coast Area award recipient, Hesterberg will participate in the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year National awards ceremony in Palm Springs, Calif., this November. Here, the 10 regional award recipients will be recognized and one named National Entrepreneur of the Year. The national award winner will go on to compete against award recipients from 50 countries in the World Entrepreneur of the Year ceremony in Monte Carlo.
In addition to the above mentioned recognition, Hesterberg was recently inducted into the Junior Achievement of Southeast Texas Hall of Achievement along with James Mulva, CEO of ConocoPhillips and Ms. Lynne Liberato, partner of Haynes and Boone, LLP. That recognition was based on dedication to youth education and the pursuit of free enterprise.
About Group 1 Automotive, Inc.
Group 1 owns and operates 122 automotive dealerships, 153 franchises, and 28 collision centers in the United States and the United Kingdom that offer 31 brands of automobiles. Through its dealerships, the company sells new and used cars and light trucks; arranges related vehicle financing, service and insurance contracts; provides automotive maintenance and repair services; and sells vehicle parts.
Group 1 Automotive can be reached on the Internet at www.group1auto.com.
V.P. Financial Services and Manufacturer Relations
Group 1 Automotive, Inc.
Pierpont Communications, Inc.
SOURCE Group 1 Automotive, Inc.
- Group 1 Automotive Increases Quarterly Cash Dividend
- Group 1 Automotive Reports Record 2013 First-Quarter Financial Results On Strong Revenue Growth And Improved Cost Leverage
- Group 1 Automotive Assessing Storm Damage In Oklahoma City and Houston
- Group 1 Automotive Schedules 2013 First-Quarter Earnings Release, Conference Call And Webcast
- Group 1 Automotive Assessing Hail Damage To New Orleans Dealerships
- Group 1 Automotive Closes UAB Motors Acquisition; Adds Additional Board Member
- Group 1 Automotive Acquires Ford Dealerships In The United Kingdom
- Group 1 Automotive Reports Record Full-Year 2012 Financial Results
- Group 1 Automotive Declares A Quarterly Cash Dividend
- Group 1 Automotive Updates Time Of 2012 Fourth-Quarter And Full-Year Conference Call And Webcast
Related Partner Headlines
- Group 1 Automotive, Inc. (NYSE: GPI) today announced it is assessing damage at 24 - Benzinga
- UPDATE: Sterne Agee Downgrades Group 1 Automotive to Neutral - Benzinga
- UDPATE: Morgan Stanley Maintains Underweight on Group 1 Automotive; Raises PT from $40 to $46 - Benzinga
- Group I Automotive Inc (GPI): Today's Featured Specialty Retail Loser - TheStreet.com
- Group 1 Automotive Acquires Volkswagen Dealership In Florida - Benzinga
- Group 1 Automotive Assessing Hail Damage To Oklahoma City Dealerships; Sees After-Tax Charges of $0.07-0.10 in Q2 - Benzinga
- Group I Automotive Stock To Go Ex-dividend Tomorrow (GPI) - TheStreet.com
- UPDATE: Sterne Agee Upgrades Group 1 Automotive to Buy on Valuation - Benzinga
- Group 1 Automotive Acquires Honda and Volkswagen Dealerships in Florida - Benzinga
- Group 1 Automotive Doubles Footprint In United Kingdom - Benzinga
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,354.40 Trade time:4:40PM EDT Value change:▲121.18 (0.80%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,667.47 Trade time:4:39PM EDT Value change:▲17.00 (1.03%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,498.97 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:▲33.73 (0.97%)
In The Wires
Professionally Designed Wedding Dresses Now Online At Tidebuy.com
DressFirst.com Is Providing Big Discounts On All Its Prom Dresses
Great Discounts On Evening Dresses Announced by AmorModa.com
Faruqi & Faruqi, LLP Encourages Investors Who Suffered Losses In Excess Of $100,000 Investing In Vitamin Shoppe, Inc. To Contact The Firm
Faruqi & Faruqi, LLP Encourages Investors Who Suffered Losses In Excess Of $100,000 Investing In Ventrus Biosciences, Inc. To Contact The Firm
Bruno Mars Ticket Prices Slashed at TicketProcess.com - Discounted Tickets Are Still Available With The Trusted Ticket Exchange Giant
Faruqi & Faruqi, LLP Encourages Investors Who Suffered Losses In Excess Of $100,000 Investing In Delcath Systems, Inc. To Contact The Firm
The Rolling Stones Tour Tickets 2013 On Sale At TicketsTeam.com