Thomson Reuters Announces New 2011 Journal Citation Reports
Published on Thursday, 28 June 2012 03:09 Written by TradersHuddle Staff
JCR Uncovers the Impact and Influence of Scholarly Journals in its Largest Release
PHILADELPHIA, June 28, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The Intellectual Property & Science division of Thomson Reuters, the world's leading source of intelligent information for businesses and professionals, today announced the release of the 2011 Journal Citation Reports® (JCR), the world's most influential resource for information on highly cited, peer-reviewed publications and the source of annual Journal Impact Factors.
The 2011 release, with separate editions for Science and Social Sciences, features the largest-ever JCR with 10,677 journal listings in 232 disciplines; 2,552 publishers from 82 countries are represented. A total of 528 journals receive their first Journal Impact Factor in this latest JCR release.
The JCR includes a combination of impact and influence metrics, and millions of cited and citing journal data points that comprise the complete journal citation network in the Thomson Reuters Web of Science's Science and Social Science indexes, enabling its users to have an accurate view of each journal's ranking in the world of scholarly literature.
Since its inception in 1975, the JCR has grown steadily. The first JCR was released as a tool for assessing the performance of the world's leading scientific journals. Its first edition included 2,630 journals. The Social Sciences were included in the JCR in 1977, adding 1,285 additional journals that year. Throughout its 37-year history, the JCR has made continual updates to ensure that both coverage and indicators accurately reflect the changing trends in global research. The various metrics and detailed citation information included in JCR provide a multifaceted view of the importance researchers place on particular journals as evidence by citation. In 2006, Thomson Reuters launched a special initiative aimed at expanding coverage of Regional Content. The Web of Science now covers of 2,000 Regional Journals, many of which have appeared in the JCR for the first time in recent years.
"Since its inception and with every subsequent release the JCR has facilitated discovery for its worldwide subscribers," said James Testa, vice president of editorial and publisher relations at Thomson Reuters. "Thomson Reuters is fully aware of the importance of JCR in the scholarly community and is dedicated to the production of reliable metrics that can be used effectively in the ongoing selection of the world's top-tier international and regional journals – journals that exemplify the quality demanded by our users worldwide."
The JCR offers librarians, publishers, authors, researchers, universities, institutions and bibliometricians a systematic, objective means to critically evaluate the world's leading journals with quantifiable, statistical information based on citation data.
Journal Selection decisions for the JCR are made throughout the course of a year with the goal of identifying, evaluating and selecting the most important and influential international and regional journals for coverage in the Thomson Reuters Web of Science platform. Once citations are available for a minimum 2-year period of time, these data are then analyzed and published in the JCR.
For more information on Journal Citation Reports, please visit http://go.thomsonreuters.com/jcr/.
For information on how to submit journals, please visit: http://science.thomsonreuters.com/mjl/selection/.
Thomson Reuters is the world's leading source of intelligent information for businesses and professionals. We combine industry expertise with innovative technology to deliver critical information to leading decision makers in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization. With headquarters in New York and major operations in London and Eagan, Minnesota, Thomson Reuters employs approximately 60,000 people and operates in over 100 countries. For more information, go to www.thomsonreuters.com.
SOURCE Thomson Reuters
- Thomson Reuters Checkpoint Survey Identifies Challenges Accounting Firms Face as They Advise Clients on Implementation of U.S. Health Care Reform
- Thomson Reuters to Present at the Nomura Global Media Summit
- Thomson Reuters Announces Pricing of US$850 Million Note Offering
- Thomson Reuters to Present at the Sanford C. Bernstein Twenty-Ninth Annual Strategic Decisions Conference 2013
- Thomson Reuters Announces Annual Renewal of Normal Course Issuer Bid
- Thomson Reuters Hosts Newsmaker with Liberian President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf
- New Thomson Reuters Report Helps Multi-National Corporations Navigate China's Fast-Changing Tax and Financial Landscape
- Announcement: Thomson Reuters Reports First-Quarter 2013 Results
- Thomson Reuters Reports First-Quarter 2013 Results
- U.S. News & World Report Joins The George Washington University to Present Cybersecurity Conference
Related Partner Headlines
- 3 Stocks Pushing The Computer Software & Services Industry Higher - TheStreet.com
- UPDATE: Bank of America Lowers PO on Thomson Reuters from $34 to $33 - Benzinga
- FX Alliance Shares Jump In Pre-Market On Acquisition News - Benzinga
- Thomson Reuters To Acquire FX Alliance For $625M - Benzinga
- Thomson Reuters Stock To Go Ex-dividend Tomorrow (TRI) - TheStreet.com
- Thomson Reuters Corporation (TRI): Today's Featured Computer Software & Services Loser - TheStreet.com
- UPDATE: Bank of America Upgrades Thomson Reuters; Raises PO - Benzinga
- UPDATE: Thomson Reuters Posts Higher Q1 Profit - Benzinga
- Thomson Reuters Corporation Stock Upgraded (TRI) - TheStreet.com
- UPDATE: Evercore Partners Initiates Equal-Weight, $31 Target on Thomson Reuters - Benzinga
Recent Trading Ideas
Chesapeake Energy Is Close to Resistance
Windstream Is Near its 50 Day Moving Average
Applied Materials Is Close to Resistance
E*TRADE is Near a Key Support Area
First Solar is Near a Key Support Area
Trading Idea: Is Monster Worldwide close to Support?
Trading Idea: - Is Walgreen close to Resistance?
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,303.10 Trade time:4:36PM EDT Value change:▲8.60 (0.06%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,649.60 Trade time:4:35PM EDT Value change:▼0.91 (-0.06%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,459.14 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:▼0.28 (-0.01%)
In The Wires
Homeland Security Market to Reach $544.02 Billion by 2018 at a CARC of 5.54% - New Report by MarketsandMarkets
American Hearing & Balance of Torrance CA Launches Weekly Blog Covering Hearing Loss and Hearing Aids
Your Facebook Page Is Hurting Your Sales: 4 Social Media Mistakes Every Small Business Owner Should Avoid, According to Appointment-Plus Online Scheduling Software
ICO Honors Three with Awards during SPIE Optics and Optoelectronics
Xactware Captures Aerial Imagery of Moore, Okla., Before and After EF-5 Tornado
U.S. Gold Coin Sales Increase Despite Floundering Gold Coin Prices, Reports Gold Coin
Singapore Escort Services Launches New Classifieds Service for Both Female & Male Escorts
PokerChipsWest Offers the Largest Sale of the Year for Father's Day