Hertz - Shares Seeking Direction
Published on Thursday, 28 June 2012 04:36 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, June 28th (TradersHuddle.com) - Shares of Hertz Global Holdings, Inc. (NYSE:HTZ) closed the trading day higher by $0.15 or 1.25% from its previous close. Hertz's price action formed what is considered to be a doji close, where the open and close prices are very close to each other, mainly signaling an indecision between buyers and sellers.
Hertz Global Holdings, Inc. (NYSE:HTZ) operates car and equipment rental centers throughout the United States and around the world
Hertz's trading range is defined by a trough, which marked calculated support at $11.90 and by a peak that set the resistance point at $13.39. These levels are closely watched by traders managing their positions.
Traders wanting to establish a position in Hertz or traders that are already holding the stock can use the doji close to their advantage, since the pattern present a short-term pause in the stock's price action. This pause results in an entry point for traders depending of which way the stock resolves this short-term indecision.
The Doji is an important candlestick pattern that provides information on their own and as components in a number of important patterns. Doji form when a security's open and close are virtually equal. The length of the upper and lower shadows can vary and the resulting candlestick looks like a cross, inverted cross or plus sign. Alone, doji are neutral patterns.
Any bullish or bearish bias is based on preceding price action and future confirmation. In the case of Hertz, given that the stock finished the session higher, bulls should monitor their positions for confirmation that the stock will continue higher by taking its intraday high. Below a Doji illustration:
- Bulls taking over on Regal-Beloit?
- Is Regal-Beloit Trade Over?
- Bulls and Bears on the Trenches of Regal-Beloit
- Are the Bears Taking Control over Regal-Beloit?
- Regal Beloit Corporation To Present At The Morgan Stanley Industrials & Autos Conference
- Regal-Beloit, Reversal Soon?
- Regal-Beloit Upside Looming?
- Bulls taking Control of Regal-Beloit?
- Regal Beloit Corporation To Present At The Jefferies 2013 Global Industrials Conference
- Regal-Beloit Formed a Bearish Engulfing Candle
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines