Lilly Statement on Affordable Care Act Ruling by Supreme Court
Published on Thursday, 28 June 2012 11:24 Written by TradersHuddle Staff
INDIANAPOLIS, June 28, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Following is a statement from John C. Lechleiter, Ph.D., chairman, president, and chief executive officer of Eli Lilly and Company, regarding today's U.S. Supreme Court ruling to uphold the Affordable Care Act:
"Following today's decision by the U.S. Supreme Court on the Affordable Care Act, Lilly will continue working toward full implementation of the health care law.
"Even with today's decision, we expect that the debate about health care and health coverage will continue, and that further reforms and changes are likely in the years ahead. As we have in the past, Lilly will continue to engage actively in this process.
"In doing so, we will be guided by a core set of principles. We will advocate for health care reforms that enhance patient access to good health care and medicines; provide consumer choice through market-based competition; promote prevention and evidence-based disease management; maintain high standards of quality and safety; and foster future medical innovation.
"In short, Lilly will continue to advocate for policies that sustain and encourage medical innovation – and fight against policies that would undermine it. Modern medicines are an indispensable part of enhancing the quality and reducing the cost of health care. New treatments for diseases such as cancer, Alzheimer's and diabetes require national policies that reflect the long-term perspective necessary to continue keeping the United States the undisputed world leader in pharmaceutical research and medical innovation."
About Eli Lilly and Company
Lilly, a leading innovation-driven corporation, is developing a growing portfolio of pharmaceutical products by applying the latest research from its own worldwide laboratories and from collaborations with eminent scientific organizations. Headquartered in Indianapolis, Ind., Lilly provides answers – through medicines and information – for some of the world's most urgent medical needs. Additional information about Lilly is available at www.lilly.com. C-LLY
SOURCE Eli Lilly and Company
- AT&T And America Movil To Provide Deeper National Reach For Advanced Enterprise Services Across Latin America
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Willimantic
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Torrington
- AT&T And The University Of Kansas Team Up To Enhance Wireless Coverage On Lawrence Campus
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Fargo
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Amarillo
- Benefitfocus Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Trends of China Gear Industry 2013 Analysis & Reviewed in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Product Launch Formula 4.0 Bonuses Total $5000 at BrianHanson.com
- Datex Presents Motorola Solutions Webinar “Is It ‘Smart’ to Use Smartphones for the Enterprise?”
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines